Black Vortex & Women Of Marvel Wrap-Up Info

David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

We wanted to provide a heads-up on where we're standing for the issues players experienced with Black Vortex and Women of Marvel. In case you're not familiar with them, the Versus Events both had a bug where, after winning a battle against an opponent, there was a chance that you would gain no Iso reward from the battle and the opponent would stay queued instead of switching out for another opponent. This had a couple ripple effects:
    - You gained less Iso than you would have. - You were capable of hitting an opponent multiple times for points. If you beat them once, you were likely to be able to beat them again. - The person hit would lose points multiple times because they were hit repeatedly.

When we looked at the numbers overall - post Event, a couple of things became clear. One is that points earned for these Events were *much* higher than other Events without this bug, nearly player-base wide. What this means is that for the majority of players, people were able to hit higher point targets, and thus higher progression rewards than they otherwise would have been able to do. Additionally, all players involved also played more matches than were played during other Anniversary events (even when the no-Iso battles are filtered out).

Essentially, most players ended up gaining more Iso overall through these Events than they gained through similar plays in Class of 2015 and the Devil Dinosaur Event - while also gaining more progression rewards. As a result of this, we are not planning on awarding any additional compensation for these issues.

While we know that some of you will not be happy with this decision, we apologize for the bugs you experienced, and we thank you for taking the time to read and consider the details behind our reasoning.

Thanks!

Hi-Fi & IceIX

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Sounds fine, although I feel bad for those that were hit multiple times and unable to reach a progression award because of that.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember getting any random cover drops during these events.

Was it intentional to remove the random cover rewards from these events, or was that a bug too?
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Not surprising to me as someone who didn't get the iso frequently from this bug. This anniversary was no fun. I think it's time to find a new daily addiction.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    edited October 2015
    Sorry for the double post.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hi everyone,

Essentially, most players ended up gaining more Iso overall through these Events than they gained through similar plays in Class of 2015 and the Devil Dinosaur Event -

I doubt this. If your metrics had the iso in there that we never received, then sure, it's plausible.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not happy with it at all, because only the people who took active advantage of the bug fought enough extra battles to balance out the loss of ISO. Those of us who declined to double-tap or more against people who were merely unlucky enough to be targeted when the bug struck, and hit our usual targets and shielded up as normal, lost out on a bunch of ISO while gaining nada.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Those of us who declined to double-tap or more against people who were merely unlucky enough to be targeted when the bug struck, and hit our usual targets and shielded up as normal, lost out on a bunch of ISO while gaining nada.

Seeing how the awarded people that hoarded tokens with greater odds and gave out nothing for those that opened their tokens in order to buy a daily deal from them, it's not surprising. Disgusting? Yes it is that.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was affected, but I'm reasonably sure I hit the anniversary 10 pack because of it. Not saying I wouldn't have if unaffected, but I feel like it was easier to get there.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I guess too many crumbs fell off the table this week. Must not let the players get even one iso more than you deem appropriate
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bug was the exact opposite, every single PVP win rewarded me with 500 ISO.. every.. single.. one. I earned well over 100k during Anniversary.

Did anyone else experience this or did all the ISO somehow get rewarded to me? Honestly if I could I would donate my extra earnings to all of the players that were affected.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I guess too many crumbs fell off the table this week. Must not let the players get even one iso more than you deem appropriate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZrgxHvNNUc
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    So because some people were able to achieve high scores through a bug in your game, everyone that missed out on ISO due to a bug in your game shouldn't be compensated for the bug.

Okay thanks.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Earning higher progression is all well and good, but what about those of us who surpassed 1300 in each event? Even assuming that we all got ISO after every match up until that point (which I can assure you is absolutely NOT the case), that's still multiple matches where we missed out on a large amount of double ISO, which is part of the promise made by your team and was advertised as such. On top of this, the players who are regularly surpassing 1300 are the ones who are most likely in an ISO drought to cover the ever-increasing amount of 4* characters.

I thought that this anniversary was supposed to be a time to show gratitude to the people who made two excellent years possible. By refusing to compensate appropriately by providing us with the double ISO we were promised and therefore are owed by competing in this event, it sure doesn't come off that way.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    nwman wrote:
    So because some people were able to achieve high scores through a bug in your game, everyone that missed out on ISO due to a bug in your game shouldn't be compensated for the bug.

Okay thanks.

And particularly rewarded were those who coordinated via alliance and line and such to keep hitting viable targets repeatedly while shielded to maximize their gains vs efforts.

Good to know where casual alliances and the average players stand.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    The alternative could be give everyone a little something, even as a gesture. That would cover those unaffected and those that were adversely affected, even if it wasn't many. Your whole playerbase would be compensated by some bugs that may not have affected everyone. But your approach seems to be most players benefited, so we'd rather ignore those that were adversely affected, so we can add insult to injury. I would say I'm surprised, but I don't like to lie.

Alternative approach would not exclude anyone.

Those not affected get something.
    Those affected get something.

Your approach excludes those adversely affected, while adding insult to injury.

Those not affected get nothing.
    Those affected get nothing in addition to what adverse effects came from the bug.

Most of the time, with compensation, I can say at least it was better than nothing. With no compensation, I can't say that. As the publishers of a puzzle game, your logic and reasoning skills should be stronger.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Thank you for your generosity.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2015
    Simply put: people went to play these instead of Galactus Hungers round one. Our entire alliance gave up on round 1 quickly and turned to these. My score wasn't out of line with my past PVP score trend. I scored less on RRRRAAAWWWR! because I was so involved in Galactus. By the time I finished G, I had so few health packs, I didn't finish out as strong.

Correlation <> causation.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easiest fix would've been, double iso off season pvps and double iso LRs this week.
  • You know, because giving out too much ISO might make it so we can get 1 more level on our favorite character. Thus only needing 2 million more to level the rest of our guys up. That would be insane.

Edit: Also, how many people didn't shield so they could lose points and then climb back up for a chance to recoup lost ISO. That could be a reason why you saw such big ISO gains.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    D3 + Anniversary Disaster = Nothing Learned
This discussion has been closed.