Brand New Gameplay Feature

124»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    So knowing full well that we have no idea what this is going to wind up being, I nonetheless check in on this thread once in a while. The suggestions for things like a crafting/dust/exchange system for unwanted tokens/covers has gotten me wondering, and for the moment I've stopped opening any 1* or 2* tokens and am not selling any unwanted covers. And that's probably gonna get me a big bunch of nothing when whatever it is is revealed, but I still dig the possibility. Anyone else change your habits just to be on the safe side?

I still open standard tokens out of habit and because I do still need a couple dozen 3* covers to get my 3* roster spec'ed optimally (for my own definition of such). Realistically, if a crafting system is implemented, turning 1* and 2* into a 4* would require wayyyyyyyy more covers than I'm likely to receive between now and implementation, so I'm fine on holding off on habit changes until we see what this new feature is.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Anyone else change your habits just to be on the safe side?

Nope. We have no idea what it can be and if it involves crafting in any form. If crafting is introduced to the game we have no guarantee the rates are not going to be ludicrous. Finally as long as all my 3* aren't 166, I'll need the Iso.

Also, I hoard Tacos (gotta get 300) and the Legendaries (waiting for an official answer about 5* on scaling or getting my roster on par whichever come first and we pretty much all know which one will come first...), I have to open some tokens for sanity's sake icon_e_smile.gif.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ideally it'd be codes in the actual comics for actual covers of characters.

You'd still need to pay HP to slot them, but you could buy comics physically or digitally and use the codes to help get covers for characters.

13 issues of a characters story and you have them fully covered.

yeah right lol. That'd actually be a good idea.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Ideally it'd be codes in the actual comics for actual covers of characters.

You'd still need to pay HP to slot them, but you could buy comics physically or digitally and use the codes to help get covers for characters.

13 issues of a characters story and you have them fully covered.

yeah right lol. That'd actually be a good idea.

Suits me. I'm looking forward to November when Thoress comes back =)
  • There's lots of good suggestions in this thread, but while I'd like to see a crafting system or new ways to obtain covers I'm hoping we're getting what the title says: a new *gameplay* feature.

Getting more chars and covers is, of course, the game's end goal, but I'd much rather see something that makes *playing* fun and exciting again! Some new zone/goal rather than the same old play-these-nodes-a-zillion-times thing. And PLEASE something non-competitive!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's a crazy idea for a new gameplay feature: PvE. Like that Gauntlet we get once in a blue moon, but regularly. Just you and your roster against a bunch of nodes with some decent prizes. Forever.

Mental, I know.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    Here's a crazy idea for a new gameplay feature: PvE. Like that Gauntlet we get once in a blue moon, but regularly. Just you and your roster against a bunch of nodes with some decent prizes. Forever.

Mental, I know.
    yes, just like simulator runs an entire season behind the pvp events. I think we needed a gauntlet type event behind the pves. of course I think that is less necessary now that LTs are part of pve now. before, there was a big hole there. LTs keep many more engaged into pve now.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are command points the new gameplay feature that is mentioned in the OP?
  • Are command points the new gameplay feature that is mentioned in the OP?

I can't say for sure, but I don't think so.

It was described as something to help 3*, 4*, and 5* transistors, and seeing as how Command Points buy Legendary tokens, I don't see how it'd help a 3* transistor.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:

It was described as something to help 3*, 4*, and 5* transistors, and seeing as how Command Points buy Legendary tokens, I don't see how it'd help a 3* transistor.

I am think it is not as well so either 1) there is some other new big feature coming, 2) they haven't fully described what CPs will let us buy in terms of covers and CPs are the feature, or 3) they changed how CPs will function and this is actually the unnamed feature.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:

You may be able to buy 3* covers with CP. I doubt MPQ is generating 3* cover purchase revenue like they use to. Instead of buying a Legendary cover at 25 CP, you could buy a 3* you likely need for 15-20.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Will: And there's another big feature coming related to the elder game stuff that we've been talking about, and I'm really excited to reveal that when it comes.

Casey: Oh, yeah, you've been working really hard on that.

so i doubt they are.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was the 4 ddq to be challenging, just TBE was until I was ready for it. Ninjas are still the ultimate oh **** when playing it.

Way 4DDQ is now, it only benefits a person with that specific character if they're fairly well covered. My 7-8 4 stars in my rosters with 2 or 3 covers each stand no chance at it, so why even attempt to play. Make it a challenge sure, but it should be a challenge that players can accomplish even with 2 covered 4 stars. How they would do that, I dunno. Personally, I'd just like to see a longer version of the TBE where you're forced to use said 4 star and 2 teammates to win a token for that specific character.

Will be easy for nearly everyone eventually? Sure, said thing happens with TBE though.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    colwag wrote:

You may be able to buy 3* covers with CP. I doubt MPQ is generating 3* cover purchase revenue like they use to. Instead of buying a Legendary cover at 25 CP, you could buy a 3* you likely need for 15-20.

I don't know. In the video, they show CP being used to buy a legendary token. Unless they're also introducing a new token type that only coughs up 3*s and up, it looks to me like CP are for 4 and 5*s.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:

I don't know. In the video, they show CP being used to buy a legendary token. Unless they're also introducing a new token type that only coughs up 3*s and up, it looks to me like CP are for 4 and 5*s.
    Maybe they misspoke originally because the end of the transcript of the video mentions even more stuff for 'elder' players instead of that sweet 3 star.png spot in the middle.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore

Yes, this is the feature we were referring to. Right now, Command Points assist with 4 and 5-Star transitions. Help with the 3-Star transition is still planned, but due to some scheduling and related features being worked on, the 3-Star portion of CPs has been delayed. There are also additional features and plans underway and not yet ready to be announced.

Looks like we have our answer.