it's a 50% increase!

You aren't wrong, you are just...
  • notamutant wrote:
    florida92 wrote:
    "Hey we know you guys really need ISO. So guess what?!"
    30 ISO

it's a 50% increase!

You aren't wrong, you are just...

It's intended in a way, a very special yellow crayon kind of way. Or is it green? icon_lol.gif

I can see something like this as a "fix" to the ISO shortfall.

Maybe the new gameplay is simply new story lines or something. The cover deal would be awesome if true.
  • TLCstormz wrote:
    If it's STILL in development, after them saying it was POSSIBLY about to "go live", I fully expect whatever amazingness that it was about to be to end up being completely overhyped and a let down of 4* DDQ proportions.

The thing they overhyped by trying to be clear it was going to be "ouch hard" and pretty difficult, but people still thought it'd be relatively easy to get and all.

Which is why I say.

To the red names:

If it's anything but extra practically free covers to everyone: You need to dehype this superbad. Anything short of that is going to get people saying it was way overhyped. icon_razz.gif
  • slidecage wrote:
    really hope this is it (trade xxx covers for xxx)

Last I heard they were trying to avoid having to age gate the game, so they're probably not introducing xxx anything. Plus I don't think Disney would approve.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    If it's STILL in development, after them saying it was POSSIBLY about to "go live", I fully expect whatever amazingness that it was about to be to end up being completely overhyped and a let down of 4* DDQ proportions.

The thing they overhyped by trying to be clear it was going to be "ouch hard" and pretty difficult, but people still thought it'd be relatively easy to get and all.

Which is why I say.

To the red names:

If it's anything but extra practically free covers to everyone: You need to dehype this superbad. Anything short of that is going to get people saying it was way overhyped. icon_razz.gif

It was initially hyped as being for 4* transition, there are plenty of ways that it could have been tough without completely locking people out from having any chance whatsoever and this repeated strawman that people only want free covers serves no useful purpose.
  • Crowl wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Which is why I say.

To the red names:

It was initially hyped as being for 4* transition, there are plenty of ways that it could have been tough without completely locking people out from having any chance whatsoever and this repeated strawman that people only want free covers serves no useful purpose.

I would think the absolute definition OF "being tough" is "Some people can't complete it."

If it's something that's "tough" yet also something everyone can complete with relative ease then I'd say it isn't really tough. The Big Enchilada is supposedly tough yet it is pretty much regarded as a free 3* cover as it is something anybody with a good 2* roster can complete.

"Tough" doesn't mean a lot when tons of people can do it.
  • Crowl
    colwag wrote:
    I would think the absolute definition OF "being tough" is "Some people can't complete it."

If it's something that's "tough" yet also something everyone can complete with relative ease then I'd say it isn't really tough. The Big Enchilada is supposedly tough yet it is pretty much regarded as a free 3* cover as it is something anybody with a good 2* roster can complete.

Some people not being able to complete it is still a long way away from it is not even worth people trying it, not to mention that there is already a significant amount of people who can't do it due to a lack of that particular 4* character.

In any case, would a weekly 4* cover that was locked behind a Bigger Enchilada really be game-breaking in any case when people need 260 4* covers in total nowadays?
  • Crowl wrote:
    colwag wrote:

Some people not being able to complete it is still a long way away from it is not even worth people trying it, not to mention that there is already a significant amount of people who can't do it due to a lack of that particular 4* character.

In any case, would a weekly 4* cover that was locked behind a Bigger Enchilada really be game-breaking in any case when people need 260 4* covers in total nowadays?

Game breaker? Beats me. I don't personally think so.

But it wouldn't be "tough". Or "Ouch hard".

It was fairly warned that it was not going to be easy or simple to get. And a Bigger Enchilada giving out a weekly 4* cover to a huge part of the player base would indeed be (relatively) easy and simple to get.

Which is why I said "If it is not going to be relatively easy, you need to de-hype it or hype up the difficulty of it. A lot."
  • Crowl wrote:
    colwag wrote:

What are you trying to do? give away the store? icon_eek.gif

260 covers, at one a week (not even considering the many, many obvious dupe pulls and the metric tons of ISO needed for leveling), would mean players would have a roster of usable 4*s in less than 6 years!

Are you crazy? icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

I for one am grateful that only one of my fourteen 4*s has even the slimmest chance of competing in the 4* DDQ node, let alone actually beating it, because I would not relish the thought of being even partially responsible for the downfall of civilization... icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Side note: It's pretty funny that every time players find a way to beat the odds, the goalposts get moved. 2* players figure out a way to beat the BE, despite IceIX saying they shouldn't be able to, and all of a sudden the BE is "too easy?" Classic.

[\sarcasm]

DBC
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    There was a photo accidentally posted that I believe showed something related to this, but it was quickly removed and didn't show much anyway.

My theory is that they're adding a "crafting" element where you can turn unwanted covers into another currency instead of iso and eventually get enough to buy a cover you actually want instead of purely relying on token luck to progress.

Pure speculation though, I'm not a code digger.

didnt they ask in a pole like 4 or 5 months ago, would you be interested in not buying covers.. Wonder if it has something to do with that.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I highly doubt they would remove purchasing covers from the game, how else would whales blow their paycheck to level up and max cover new releases? It is a major source of income so no
  • Philly79 wrote:
    I highly doubt they would remove purchasing covers from the game, how else would whales blow their paycheck to level up and max cover new releases? It is a major source of income so no

The way it looked was they replaced the "Buy cover with HP" feature with "Buy cover with tutile.png looking thing"

Perhaps the new material would by purchasable in store too for such a purpose?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given how things went the last couple weeks, I'm rescinding my theory. There's no way they'd ever do anything that would benefit the players that much. No way. If they do it at all, it will be at an insane rate like 500 3* covers for one 4* cover.

I just have zero faith right now in them doing anything that we actually want and managing to not screw it up.
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    Given how things went the last couple weeks, I'm rescinding my theory. There's no way they'd ever do anything that would benefit the players that much. No way. If they do it at all, it will be at an insane rate like 500 3* covers for one 4* cover.

I just have zero faith right now in them doing anything that we actually want and managing to not screw it up.

I am also willing to bet that whatever it is, you'll see a lot of angry forumites saying that it's not NEARLY enough.

I'd be surprised if it was 10 3*s for one 3* cover, much less a 4* cover.
  • Crowl
    Given my horrible luck with some colours of a character being drastically more common, I would happily settle for a feature that didn't even produce new covers but instead could be used as a reagent to transmute an existing cover from one colour to another.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    My guess on the "new Feature" is providing multiple reward tiers for PVE Events that offer different sets of rewards based on which one you choose at the start of the event.

For example, there would be the "Standard Tier" that is intended for new players. It would be more or less what we have now, with similar rewards for t100 and above. 3 star covers, HC, ISO, etc. It' should probably even scale a bit easier to help aid those players trying to transition into 3 star land.
    Then there would be an "Elite Tier". The event would be harder, but the rewards would be 4 star covers for t100 and above, HC, and noticeably more ISO to aid in the huge cost of leveling up 4 star heroes, and even 3 star heroes below t100. Or should be at least. This is intended for players with about 8+ maxed 3 star heroes, with a smattering of 4 heroes. basically, a 3 to 4 star transition.

How much harder? Donno. But even on paper, slogging through 280+ Juggernaut, Ares, Daken, & even Moonstone (cause of her Red), with their stupid cheap high damaging powers with drawbacks that don't affect an AI-controlled player (why do they care about self damage?) does not sound fun at all, and is really time consuming to chew through 20K health opponents over and over.
    And then those outlier fights with really annoying characters like The Hood or Carnage? Or 2 goons feeding a single character exactly the colors they need?
    So hopefully this concept would be something more than just "better reward tier, but stupid high level frustrating nodes". They still never brought back down PVE max levels after the Patchneto AND True Healing nerfs way back when, which was partly why they claimed they raised them to begin with. Absolute max scaling PVE level should be like 300 or so honestly. Higher than a max 4 star character, but not stupid out of control high.

Would hate to see it rolled out with as many bugs & design oversights as the introduction of Team Ups had.
    Remember how you couldn't even delete them? And how you'd have to pick them at the start of each fight? Those types of usability issues.
    And hopefully that's why whatever it is they are working on is taking so long.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've now got every 4* except Kingpin and Mr F in my roster, most at only 1 or 2 covers, so I *really* hope this happens soon.

Edit: Forgot I also need Rulk. :sadfase:
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    There was a photo accidentally posted that I believe showed something related to this, but it was quickly removed and didn't show much anyway.

My theory is that they're adding a "crafting" element where you can turn unwanted covers into another currency instead of iso and eventually get enough to buy a cover you actually want instead of purely relying on token luck to progress.

Pure speculation though, I'm not a code digger.

Unf, crafting. Something about having a bunch of items and seeing a "You need X amount of this and Y amount of that" screen making me save up to build something I want really tickles the gamer instinct in me.

I love fillin in meaningless check boxes to earn stuff. And I'm not even being sarcastic, either. If there's a list of achievements or tasks to fulfill with the promise of a reward at the end, I'm all over that.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Maybe they are going to team up with the major fitness bands out there and give us 4* covers if we meet our step goal* for the day.

icon_rolleyes.gif

* - The minimum step goal for a free 4* cover is 100,000 steps per day.