Brand New Gameplay Feature

Unknown
edited November 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I recall a while ago there was a subtle announcement of a new Gameplay Feature upcoming.

Whatever happened to this? Was it Galactus? The Anniversary?

Direct quote:
"David wrote:
Moore"]
- (Season 19) To switch in Legendary Tokens as the top Alliance rewards (replacing the static cover).
- (Season 19) Increasing odds of 4-Stars in Heroic and Event packs.
- (Season 19) Adding a Legendary Token as a progression reward for the Versus season.
- (Upcoming) Introducing a brand new gameplay feature that will assist all players with the 3, 4, and 5-Star transitions.[/list]

- Hi-Fi & IceIX

Original post for viewing.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32916&p=412075#p412075

Any ideas or did I just miss something?

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    They were really busy with NYCC and the anniversary and related announcements. I imagine we will get some news on this soon.
  • There's been news of this sort for a long time before that news post.

What it actually is, if it even exists in a playable form, is a myyyyyyyysteeeeeeerrryyyyyyyyy.

Could just be something to keep up playing so we get our hopes up about it. Or it could be something introduced in December. Who knows!
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I'm hoping to see this new feature added when season 20 starts. All the others had season 19 beside them so I'm assuming they weren't sure when they'd have this new feature ready. But season 20 seems like a good time to add it.
    And anything that helps me get more 3*,4*,and 5* is a welcome addition to MPQ
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    There was a photo accidentally posted that I believe showed something related to this, but it was quickly removed and didn't show much anyway.

My theory is that they're adding a "crafting" element where you can turn unwanted covers into another currency instead of iso and eventually get enough to buy a cover you actually want instead of purely relying on token luck to progress.

Pure speculation though, I'm not a code digger.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    DDQ/ legendary?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    There was a photo accidentally posted that I believe showed something related to this, but it was quickly removed and didn't show much anyway.

My theory is that they're adding a "crafting" element where you can turn unwanted covers into another currency instead of iso and eventually get enough to buy a cover you actually want instead of purely relying on token luck to progress.

It's okay, we ain't sayin' you a code digger. XD

Joking aside, that would be lovely. If it happened, it'd probably be something crazy like 150 3*s to earn 1 4* - maybe more - but, just like with saving tokens for the Taco Vaults, it's nice to know that eventually you will get something.
  • oh wow, that would be very nice.
    opening tokens feels so pointless now, only a very small chance to get something you actually need with almost a 100 different heroes (thus 300 covers) that can drop from a single token.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:

I remember suggesting a mechanic similar to Hearthstone's dust over a year ago.
    If this is that, then I have two things to say: 1) Called it! ; and 2) Took 'em long enough.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    _RiO_ wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

I remember suggesting a mechanic similar to Hearthstone's dust over a year ago.
    If this is that, then I have two things to say: 1) Called it! ; and 2) Took 'em long enough.

Sadly, you just know that if they did something like this they wouldn't touch the levels of iso we get from other areas, making it even harder for people to level their characters. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's an interesting thing to think about. I wonder how it will work? Just throwing out ideas here -
    You can sell a one star cover for 100 iso, or transmute it in the "ISO-8 processing lab" into one dust point.
    You can sell a two star cover for 250 iso, or transmute it in the "ISO-8 processing lab" into three dust points.
    You can sell a three star cover for 500 iso, or transmute it in the "ISO-8 processing lab" into 10 dust points.
    You can sell a four star cover for 1000 iso, or transmute it in the "ISO-8 processing lab" into 50 dust points.

100 dust can be used to upgrade an owned three-star's cover level.
    250 dust can be used to upgrade an owned four-star's cover level.
    750 dust can be spent to earn a legendary token.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Reide wrote:
    I recall a while ago there was a subtle announcement of a new Gameplay Feature upcoming.

Whatever happened to this? Was it Galactus? The Anniversary??

The new gameplay feature is still actively under development. More will be revealed in the not-too-distant future.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Reide wrote:

Whatever happened to this? Was it Galactus? The Anniversary??

The new gameplay feature is still actively under development. More will be revealed in the not-too-distant future.

The future, David?

conan2000_zps5qapuoli.jpg

(pictured, sneak peek of next community video)
  • If it is anything less then "free covers for trivially easy battles" you may want to start dehyping it right now.

Don't want people to think it'd be easy to get, or else you'll get another Galactus or 4* DDQ situation...
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Joking aside, that would be lovely. If it happened, it'd probably be something crazy like 150 3*s to earn 1 4* - maybe more - but, just like with saving tokens for the Taco Vaults, it's nice to know that eventually you will get something.

The figures can't be too high because covers expire in 14 days. Unless you hoard the tokens like crazy and open them all at once but then not every token guarantees a 3* cover.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Pongie wrote:

The figures can't be too high because covers expire in 14 days. Unless you hoard the tokens like crazy and open them all at once but then not every token guarantees a 3* cover.

Unless you can sell them in a different way like Puce Moose laid out. Then you'd have 3 counters. One for iso, one of hp, and one for whatever the covers turn into.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:

If anyone wants to see what udonomefoo is referring to, it is in the New 5-Star Reveal - Wolverine (Old Man Logan) thread. The picture has been replaced though.
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    So we can increase a five-star's covers with 720 of... something?

Accidental or intentional hint of a new feature?
    Heh. Accidental, nice catch! WIP feature that may or may not go Live (or at least, in the form that you see it). The dangers of taking shots on the QA server.

Also: Image fixed!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:

/grabby hands
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    DFiPL wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

/grabby hands

I aint sayin you a code digger. icon_e_wink.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    really hope this is it (trade xxx covers for xxx)

say like every 10 3 star covers you got you can turn into a 4 star
    every 10 2 stars becomes a 3 star.

also while your working on thing do you think you will ever fix the health pack issue (when you have 10 packs if you win some and go over 10, they will not refresh until you go back under 10) love to see it refresh to 10 + whatever you won)
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    If it's STILL in development, after them saying it was POSSIBLY about to "go live", I fully expect whatever amazingness that it was about to be to end up being completely overhyped and a let down of 4* DDQ proportions.