Forum Thread

Comments

• scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    F2P Veterans about to start 8. My guess is several hundred alliances are going to complete round 8.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    KA Jedi just finished.

You get the cover right away this time too.
  • Tacos just cleared Rd. 8.

marc
  • christyfsu
    christyfsu Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Ampersand just finished round 8.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    To any devs reading this: if your metrics are having too many guilds complete this, and you absolutely can't have that...it just needs a LITTLE tweak. Just a small one. First round was way too hard. Second round MAYBE a bit easy. Round 7 and 8 are still pretty deadly. If you decide you need to make it a bit harder, just tweak it a teeny, tiny amount.

edit: To be perfectly clear, I mean tweak it a bit (again, if you have to) for the eventual 3rd round, however many months out that will be. Do NOT tweak this one in the middle of it, that would be mean. icon_razz.gif
  • Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Toxins Awaken just finished icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Scarfighters has under 2 million left on round 8. In Galactus 1 we got to round 8 but ran out of time to kill him. We had 2 or 3 people hit the progression and now have 6 people who have gotten the legendary token and we have 4 other players in striking distance.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    To any devs reading this: if your metrics are having too many guilds complete this, and you absolutely can't have that...it just needs a LITTLE tweak. Just a small one. First round was way too hard. Second round MAYBE a bit easy. Round 7 and 8 are still pretty deadly. If you decide you need to make it a bit harder, just tweak it a teeny, tiny amount.

edit: To be perfectly clear, I mean tweak it a bit (again, if you have to) for the eventual 3rd round, however many months out that will be. Do NOT tweak this one in the middle of it, that would be mean.

I don't think they actually need to tweak the difficulty at all, it is a fun fight that offers a bit of a change, but can still punish mistakes by the player.

However, if they find that more alliances are finishing rounds 6, 7 and 8 than they expected then rather than altering the mechanics of the event then they just need to adjust the points required for each round to balance it at a level where they are happy with it, which I assume is aiming for roughly 1% of alliances to finish all 8 rounds to line-up with T10 getting all 3 covers in a normal pve.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    V3 and then V2 finished shortly into this clear, probs around 12:30-12:40.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    XSpartaApellaX and XSpartaHellotsX ended it 40 min ago icon_e_smile.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    The Love Boat has about half a million left on 8. We'd appreciate it TPTB would stop throttling green. NOT that that's happening, but if it is, ya know, maaaaybe happening, stopping that would be muy helpful. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Shadow Evolved just finished with 32 hours to go. Got the cover immediately.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    WE ARE GR00T and GR00T BR00TS have both completed Galactus

Still farming iso/tokens from missions
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Gr00t Br00ts done.

Edit: Wow, got sniped by an alliance mate. We're usually really good about that.
  • Mystery Inc looks good to clear Rnd 6 and get 1 Rulk cover (~800K remaining with 31 hours left). Only 1 player likely to get legendary progression, but may not due to weekend grinding. In comparison: run 1 of Galactus we crashed out hard on Rnd 6 and flat gave up. Not a single player even got the 3* progression cover.

Regardless of the slightly better progress, this run has been seriously more fun to actually play.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Legendary Xmen just entered round 8. Not confident we will clear 8 with 32 hours left, but considering our alliance is pretty much casual and consisting entirely of F2P players, I think we can be happy enough with our progress for both rounds of Galactus (we were one of the 111 to clear round 6 the first time, not bad for a casual alliance IMO considering the level of difficulty in G1)
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Sworn Enemies.. Done.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    S.H.I.E.L.D completed Galactus at a leisurely pace. Put us down as done.
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Lumberjacks just beat it.
  • Seantw05
    Seantw05 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    CAGPvEngers finished about 10 minutes ago