How many Alliances will make it through Round 8?

Comments

• woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Both Skynets are done now. And good riddance
  • Also, not to be a ****, but you misspelled "Round" in the thread title.... yeah...sorry....I'mma see myself out.
  • DeadPoolsTacos & DeadPoolsRings have completed Round 8.

Tacos finished on Saturday. Rings finished on Sunday.

Congrats to the crews that have completed it and best of luck to those still grinding.

easy...marc
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey-o! The Pain Squad 1 is very proud to have put up with this horrible mess long enough to protect Earth from the perils of Cosmic Consumption! This event was not fun in any way, but we powered it out and got the job done.

Let's never do it again!
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2015
    I'd like to take a moment and congratulate my pals in The Pain Squad 1 for taking down Big G in round 8.

We in TPS2 are still working our way up...
  • Minor Threat @700k remaining in round 8 as of 11:59am eastern.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wrecking Crew just finished round 8
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    The Enlightened are now done as well
  • S.H.I.E.L.D finished on the last reset, but it doesn't look like anyone updated. We're done.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    XMen has 5 alliances that finished Galactus:

XMenOne
    XMenTwo
    XMenThree
    XMenFour
    XMenSeven

It would be interesting to cross reference this list with the top 100 PvP alliances here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=33334. Every single one of the finishers has been in the top 100 last season, mostly top 50.

While I am a part of a top flight alliance, I don't think the rewards should be only for those with strong rosters. We represent a small fraction of the playerbase. For an event like an anniversary, a sizable portion of the community should be able to obtain Cyclops.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Minor Threat have now finished, probably about 45 mins ago. It was an excellent team effort, and all things considered, an awesome spirit of getting through for the covers for all, whether you could knock off half Galactus' health, or all in each fight. We're up for the Red Hulk fight as well. In many ways, ignoring the somewhat depressing overtone of 'you will lose', it was easier than a usual 4* PvE.
  • Tarouza
    Tarouza Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    MPQU has a shot at it but it will be close
  • This thread doesn't bode well for "Galactus is way too hard" whining.

I'm imagining that having 100 or 50 alliances complete round 8 is roughly around their goal at the start balancing this event. Especially with 3 4* covers as a reward for doing so.

Then again, it IS a far cry from how many people get these covers in a 4* PVE event.

Would alliances still grind it out if the reward was 3 PX covers, or some other needed but already out 4*?
  • NJL1 is complete. NJL2 and 3 are on pace to finish.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Need downvotes of this post, lol. I really didn't find this event to be that bad. I actually had fun in round 8. However, I don't take this game so serious even though I'm fairly hardcore. Worst part of event was the survival node with the 395 gorgon. This is not a joke post.

And yes as denouement pointed out S H.I.E.L.D finished round 8 a few hours ago.
  • Nooneelsesname
    Nooneelsesname Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Gr00t Br00ts done.
  • Need downvotes of this post, lol. I really didn't find this event to be that bad. I actually had fun in round 8. However, I don't take this game so serious even though I'm fairly hardcore. Worst part of event was the survival mode with the 395 gorgon. This is not a joke post.

And yes as denouement pointed out S H.I.E.L.D finished round 8 a few hours ago.

That was honestly one of my favorite nodes, because wave 1 was like, 8 pretty beatable but still tough Ninjas and round 2 was a 3v1 against that Gorgon.

I love overpowered 3V1s tho. I get bummed in Dark Avengers Heroic that we don't get a repeat of the 3v1 Rags in the Prologue. And, also, a huuuuuuuuuge survival wave before that was pretty interesting.

...but then again I had LCap who makes all of the above pretty trivial once he gets going.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread alone is pretty much why the glactus event likely won't be changed, why the anniversary bull-**** will be looked at as successful.

Based on past actions alone, even if you say 'yeah our alliance beat it but it wasn't fun' they don't care very much about that.

They'll use this as a bench mark. Congrats on cyclops though.

its sorta frustrating considering how advanced some of the rosters of said alliances are.
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    This thread alone is pretty much why the glactus event likely won't be changed, why the anniversary bull-**** will be looked at as successful.

Based on past actions alone, even if you say 'yeah our alliance beat it but it wasn't fun' they don't care very much about that.

They'll use this as a bench mark. Congrats on cyclops though.

its sorta frustrating considering how advanced some of the rosters of said alliances are.

This. This. This.

All of the alliances that are going to complete this event have huge rosters and most utilized a work around to maximize points. No hate on any of that, it just further points to the developers being in a position to cater to the upper tier of the game.

That usually does not bode well for the future.

See: The roots of every economic crisis ever, for reference. icon_lol.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    All I really ask is that even if you guys complete it, submit a ticket, do something, make your voices heard some-how so content like this isn't what we see. Out of all the original content of the last few months (which isn't much to start with) this is the worse.