How many Alliances will make it through Round 8?

Vhailorx
Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Dark Matter is already done (congrats to them!). Anyone else finished or have a shot in the last two clears?

And for those teams that did finish, when did they start using the force quit trick (i can't imagine anyone finishing all 8 Rounds without it)?

Current List of Alliances that have finished (in no particular order other than the order people posted to this thread. Also, I suspect that many more alliances force quit than is stated here, no comment means no data, not no force quitting) This list should be accurate, and matches demiurge's report of 49 teams completing round 8:

1) Dark Matter
2) Deadpool's Tacos (force quitting after Round 6)
3) Ace of Blades
4) lock and load (force quitting rounds 6 and 7)
5) lost ghosts
6) a force
7) django unbuffed (force quit round 7+)
8) 5 deadly venoms
9) S.H.I.E.L.D.
10) Villains 1
11) Villains 2
12) Groot Broots
13-17) X-Men 1-4+7
18) Enlightened
19) Pain Squad
20) Deadpool's Rings
21) Skynet
22) Skynet 2
23) Minor Threat
24) NJustice League
25) Darker Matter (my apologies for the delayed posting, I didn't realize there was a second alliance in this family, so I kept on reading "dark matter")
26) sworn enemies
27) best X
28) extra load
29) KA jedi
30) werealsoclever
31) X-Men 5 (?)
32) chaos league (?)
33) phire truc (?)
34) NJustice League 2
35) Dead Serious
36) shake n bake
37) Whales Gone Wild
38) Best Forge
39) Best Stealth
40) MPQ U
41) Immortal Rage 1
42) immortal rage 2
43) wrecking crue
44) thunderkittens
45) care bear stare
46) lost ghosts 03
47) shadow evolved
48) Skrull Empire
49) Axe Reavers

Comments

• kewlguirarist
    kewlguirarist Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    S.H.I.E.L.D. have 1.2 million to go. We'll get there I'm sure.
  • Dter
    Dter Posts: 22
    edited October 2015
    Whales Gone Wild are going to make it as well.

EDIT: Finished it, even got a SS black off the legendary from progression.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    We made it with 16 hrs to go. I think quite a few will get there.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    cagvengers has like 5 million left in round 8

what is this force quit trick if its cheatting why are the people allowed to keep their covers
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Lock and Load completed round 8 this morning. Congratulations guys!

Final Edit: Just as recognition , 6
    8 players (Piro_plock, SuperPirx, greghdavid, Malorick, Chey..., RubixQube, edd7411, and NickHewitt) all reached 1.25m and got their legendary token.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Lock and load completed this unfun event.

Force quit was necessary in round 6 and 7. Funny enough not as much in round 8.
  • I don't want to jinx it, but Wrecking Crew should beat it. Less than 1.3 million to go.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lost Ghosts completed it. Don't think 02 or 03 will, but we're trying.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Skynet should finish. We're about 400k to the end
  • Darker Matter have completed it
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Skynet's slightly more casual cousin skynet2.0 is looking like it will finish it too, and I couldn't be more proud of our team. We really pulled together to overcome the odds, and it's an amazing effort from everyone on our team. You guys rock, hats freakin off! ^_^

Two things:
    1:) None of us have enjoyed it. We all suffered thru it together, because no one wanted to let the team down, but it hasn't been a good experience.

And B:) Yea, some of us have been force quitting. I refuse to feel bad about it. Is it cheating? Technically, yes, but y'all stacked the deck, soooo *shrugs*
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    I think there will be a fair number of Alliances who complete it.

The issue isn't if it's possible or not, its if it is any fun at all to do it.

With Ultron 2 there was the very real issue of the event barely being possible at all, you had to play absolutely perfectly to do it. That's why only 2 Alliances even got close.

With G it's more of an issue of it being such an aggravating slog that only the most competitive will put themselves through it, and even then a lot of them are probably only doing for their alliance.

So I figure there will be at least 10+ Alliances who made the commitment. But will they do it again? Probably lol
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    A-force had also completed round 8.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's clear that more people will finish than in ultron 2, though I wonder what the target number was for demiurge.

But what I want to know is whether people had to use the force quit exploit to get there or not.

Even if the target number of alliances finish the event, if they all had to force quit to get there, I still thinks it's a failure of design. Especially since the rewards are so terrible compared to the frustration.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Django just finished R8.

We've been force quitting to various degrees since Rd 7.

We hate the event.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    So like 10-ish top alliances are beating it all the way, and most of those were by abusing a bug/glitch.

I'm more curious how many alliances are beating round 6- to get even just one cover.

My alliance isn't coming even close, and we routinely end top 50 in PVE events, and are mostly 3* players.

Basically, for the average not super top level alliance, is anyone actually "succeeding."

And by succeeding, I mean burning through all your roster/boosts/health packs every eight hours only to get basically nothing. Oops, one cover.
  • Think you missed Darker Matter. There's Dark Matter and Darker Matter. icon_e_wink.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    GR00T BR00TS should have him in the next mission reset, 1.6 million remaining. FC started for us late R6, not really necessary in R8.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    The Enlightened should be done on the refresh that starts in 15min.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Villains 1 and 2 have finished...