Outage During Galactus Hungers

Comments

• ntmad8tr
    ntmad8tr Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Yep, I have gotten multiple, 2star Cap. Marvel, Ares, Moonstone, Hawkeye, 2star Bullseye. I have gotten 1 Cage yellowflag.png which I didn't need. The draw rates for some of these need to be toned down or the others need to be upped when using an anniversary token because so far they are worthless.
  • Enoc99 wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    As somebody who's been decently fond of this event, and posting as such, I was rewarded with getting a icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png , which I needed.

And also she's my favorite Marvel character so, thanks for the awesome token luck, guys!
    OP, she can solo galactus in the comics.

Yeah, but when I used her in one of my losing matches, Galactus killed her off of MATCH DAMAGE..... Yup, before the 30AP of death came raining down on me, she went down after one mini cascade.

Anthony the response is greatly appreciated, we've faced many problems however;

- Server Issues
    - Communication Issues
    - Value issues
    - Gameplay Issues

Every single player in MPQ who has played through this disaster should be awarded one free legendary token with a clear explanation of why this happened. This is a great game and we all love it and we care to see the game continue to a third anniversary. Now why a legendary token? That way people can at least cry about IW or SL and have a 1000 ISO instead of the sixteenth (insert star.pngstar.png character here).

Anniversary tokens are nice and appreciated, but their value leaves a lot to be determined.

D3/Demiruge, two years of hard work have made you guys and girls extremely successful. Do the right thing for the players.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you Anthony.

I really appreciate your feedback to the community, and will be looking forward to the next steps. BTW, we are mad because we love this game, spend countless hours on it, and not an insignificant amount of money. We would not be so animated if we did not care. You and team have developed a great product that we enjoy every day, but there is always room for growth.
    Consider a few things for the next major event:
    spike capacity management (cloud bursting, etc...), automated regression testing, profile testing (copy the profile of various players and test a special event using their rosters), alpha testing (invite some of us to alpha/beta test... we probably use your product more than you/your testers), slow down rate of new content release in advance of special events to give you a chance to do proper balancing...

Some of your players have been doing software/web/game development for years (agile & waterfall), and/or are working in high throughput IT environments, leverage that expertise.

We want you to succeed and most importantly, we are hoping for the next major event to go smoothly.

we understand that you will properly compensate us, as you have in the past, we trust you, what interests me the most is what are you doing to avoid these types of problems from plaguing the next hyped event...

question how can you say that they properly compensate us in the past when they did not do a single thing for the people who was locked out of the Pve during the first run of ultron. I was in line to get 2 covers and lost case i could not log in the final hours of my Pve... Their responce cause it was system wide you get nothing....
  • slidecage wrote:
    Thank you Anthony.

I really appreciate your feedback to the community, and will be looking forward to the next steps. BTW, we are mad because we love this game, spend countless hours on it, and not an insignificant amount of money. We would not be so animated if we did not care. You and team have developed a great product that we enjoy every day, but there is always room for growth.
    spike capacity management (cloud bursting, etc...), automated regression testing, profile testing (copy the profile of various players and test a special event using their rosters), alpha testing (invite some of us to alpha/beta test... we probably use your product more than you/your testers), slow down rate of new content release in advance of special events to give you a chance to do proper balancing...

Some of your players have been doing software/web/game development for years (agile & waterfall), and/or are working in high throughput IT environments, leverage that expertise.

We want you to succeed and most importantly, we are hoping for the next major event to go smoothly.

we understand that you will properly compensate us, as you have in the past, we trust you, what interests me the most is what are you doing to avoid these types of problems from plaguing the next hyped event...

question how can you say that they properly compensate us in the past when they did not do a single thing for the people who was locked out of the Pve during the first run of ultron. I was in line to get 2 covers and lost case i could not log in the final hours of my Pve... Their responce cause it was system wide you get nothing....

can't comment on particular cases, but in my case, and my alliance mates, we received adequate compensation for our troubles. Our tickets were all answered. I'm sorry to hear, this was not the case for all our fellow players.
  • florida92 wrote:
    Yeah, but when I used her in one of my losing matches, Galactus killed her off of MATCH DAMAGE..... Yup, before the 30AP of death came raining down on me, she went down after one mini cascade.

Clearly, you're not using her right.

You'll know when you're going it right when you get this cover as a reward.

tumblr_nn9ps22nqB1s1uqd4o1_500.jpg
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    We have looked at all the feedback that has been posted to the forums, twitter, etc. We are listening! We are working on a plan going forward and will update here on the forums when we have something to announce.

Thank you for your patience!

since GH Part 1 is ongoing, I suggest you take a look at what you have prepared for part 2 and "recalibrate" as necessary. I'm not suggesting to make part 2 a cakewalk, but I think there are a few ways to allow players a better chance at even reaching round 8. Here goes:

1. Allow pins to reset when alliance moves on to the next round;
    2. Longer CD timer;
    3. Less cosmic tiles thrown up at expiration of timer;
    4. make Galactus trigger his wrath on the following turn.

I think players are genuinely annoyed when, during the mid rounds, Galactus can get 30 aps in one turn and instantly kill the entire team. It is almost becoming a futile exercise in frustration, and negating any appreciation that players have for MPQ hitting a second year milestone. As things stand now, I will not be surprised if the number of alliances that manage to get the third Cyclops cover can be counted on one hand, just like the AvU event in its first run.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:
    Thank you Anthony.

can't comment on particular cases, but in my case, and my alliance mates, we received adequate compensation for our troubles. Our tickets were all answered. I'm sorry to hear, this was not the case for all our fellow players.

asked for weeks for my iron man covers for the pve and was just pushed along and then they finally answer that nothing will be given for the PVE losses just like those who got locked out of this pve i highly doubt anythign will be done.

Also who cares about if they give annivery or gal tokens. At least on the ultron tokens you had a 4% chance at getting hulkbusters not like these
  • slidecage
    He's left. D3 is most likely closed for the weekend.

By in the future, he means enjoy the broken game this weekend.

he means the suckers will take what they say and really think he gives a rat butt about their customers.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    edited October 2015
    IceIX:
    Where is Iceman in the tokens?
    Why are the token odds for anniversary so much worse than last year?
    Why aren't 20 man LR being run?
    What's up with the giant gap in having any events to do that kicked off the anniversary event?
    How is losing in 3 turns doing less than 3k damage unless you get an incredibly lucky board supposed to be fun?

And last but not least:

WHERE WERE YOU FOR THE LAST 30 FRICKING HOURS?

Edit: Oops, put this in the thread made by the other developer. Well, the questions still stand.

I'll also note that I read this title "Outrage During Galactus Hungers"
  • slidecage
    Raffoon wrote:
    IceIX:
    Where is Iceman in the tokens?
    Why are the token odds for anniversary so much worse than last year?
    Why aren't 20 man LR being run?
    What's up with the giant gap in having any events to do that kicked off the anniversary event?
    How is losing in 3 turns doing less than 3k damage unless you get an incredibly lucky board supposed to be fun?

And last but not least:

WHERE WERE YOU FOR THE LAST 30 FRICKING HOURS?

thought 295 was the max level im fighting 365
  • Dev93L
    Dev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    At first I thought it said "Outrage".

That would be more accurate.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards

I must have slept during that one, please be a dear and refresh my memory.

As for what steps are being taken to avoid these type of problems in the future, they can't say as they do not know. Server outages in particular were asked about numerous times before this event started yet still the wen bye bye!
  • Linkster79 wrote:

I must have slept during that one, please be a dear and refresh my memory.

As for what steps are being taken to avoid these type of problems in the future, they can't say as they do not know. Server outages in particular were asked about numerous times before this event started yet still the wen bye bye!

This probably isn't the best way to learn about it, but assuming "It's always been for a different reason" is true, I kinda want to know from somebody who has to manage all these servers and stuff just all the various and unique ways servers can crash.

I mean, this isn't a problem exclusive to this game. Microsoft Halo Anniversary servers were broken for months, Capcom Street Fighter V Beta Weekend servers lead to a lot of people staring at a title screen, unable to do anything, and so on. This crud happens all over tons of games and as an outsider it's easy to just go "Well just get stronger servers and stress test them more duuuuuh" but eh who the hell knows.

Also I've been given random 3* covers, Iso, and HP for issues from the game not running right before. Not all at once, but it's happened a few times.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    thought 295 was the max level im fighting 365

It's 395. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    we understand that you will properly compensate us, *****as you have in the past*****, we trust you

Uhm, in what universe did THIS take place in??????????
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    As somebody who's been decently fond of this event, and posting as such, I was rewarded with getting a icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png , which I needed.

And also she's my favorite Marvel character so, thanks for the awesome token luck, guys!
    I am a SQ fan and use her in the game often, but you do realize you got not only her worst power, but one of the worst powers in 3* land. Not only does her yellow randomly place shields, and is only useful if the enemy is at full health but it also ends the turn.
    You could start off with 12green AP and she would. To help against Galactus. Her purple might, but not her green or yellow.
  • wymtime wrote:
    colwag wrote:

I am a SQ fan and use her in the game often, but you do realize you got not only her worst power, but one of the worst powers in 3* land. Not only does her yellow randomly place shields, and is only useful if the enemy is at full health but it also ends the turn.
    You could start off with 12green AP and she would. To help against Galactus. Her purple might, but not her green or yellow.

I also understand that, in general, she's one of the worst characters out there at that tier. And that I'll take the covers however they come. (Currently have her at 4/2/2, which is the opposite of her ideal, but I'll take her for my own personal collection, darnit)
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I appreciate the news Anthony. More info from your associates please.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    puppychow wrote:
    We have looked at all the feedback that has been posted to the forums, twitter, etc. We are listening! We are working on a plan going forward and will update here on the forums when we have something to announce.

Thank you for your patience!

since GH Part 1 is ongoing, I suggest you take a look at what you have prepared for part 2 and "recalibrate" as necessary. I'm not suggesting to make part 2 a cakewalk, but I think there are a few ways to allow players a better chance at even reaching round 8. Here goes:

1. Allow pins to reset when alliance moves on to the next round;
    2. Longer CD timer;
    3. Less cosmic tiles thrown up at expiration of timer;
    4. make Galactus trigger his wrath on the following turn.

I think players are genuinely annoyed when, during the mid rounds, Galactus can get 30 aps in one turn and instantly kill the entire team. It is almost becoming a futile exercise in frustration, and negating any appreciation that players have for MPQ hitting a second year milestone. As things stand now, I will not be surprised if the number of alliances that manage to get the third Cyclops cover can be counted on one hand, just like the AvU event in its first run.
    Something like this, Yes. I had ideas for balancing Galactus so it wouldn't just be a matter of incredible luck. I've won three times (once with unpowered 2 stars and two team ups) And it only happens with an EXTEMELY favorable board. Otherwise, I get in 1500 to 6000 damage maybe before hitting retreat. I've lost count of losses. Close to thirty now? Maybe twenty-five?

1. I very much agree with your number four. A turn to maybe counterplay the Cosmic Wrath (Agressive Recon, Primal Surge) or to retreat from instant death would be fantastic.
    2. Scarlet Witch's Arcane Incantation is a good model for the countdown tiles; they won't spawn if there are already countdowns out.
    3. Cosmic Tiles should be a static amount as Galactus levels. His health already becomes such a wall that producing more is unnecessary. More damage at the end of countdown is fine, but I remember there being three tiles generated earlier, and it's gone up to four with a level 250 Galactus (wipe at turn four when the board doesn't let you match his tiles). I'd suggest tiles remain at three generated at all levels.

Player skill should mean something. Galactus is a boss, yes, but that shouldn't mean giving your players a 90% or more loss rate. Even those players with strong Legendary teams must be suffering huge losses due to the necessity of being granted a lucky board just to have enough time to do damage.

EDIT 4. Cosmic Wrath ENDS THE MATCH. Remove the damage component from it entirely. A roster with 18 downed heroes isn't an "Oh well" thing to look at. It's a debilitating loss. Players already have to go through the other missions to reset the slim chance of defeating Galactus and making very, very insignificant chips to his health. Losing chunks of roster as well can be avoided by Galactus simply swatting you away so you have to work back up to try again.
  • i take it, they were aware/addresses of server issue, but the bigger problem isn't in the server outage (methinks)