Outage During Galactus Hungers

Comments

• Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    If you have a plan don't trust it! Try another one.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also, one of the chief problems with this whole disaster is that the anniversary tokens are useless! A free one isn't compensation, it's compounding the problem. You owe anybody who bit on the things a freaking refund, and you're giving out more?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spiderham wrote:
    Hahahahaha my "sorry" token was a moonstone..... "More to follow!!!" Awesome looking forward to it!!!

I can't get enough of your sig. So awesome.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like others I shall take this moment to say thank you for my 2* token and in doing so keeping my 100% 2* Anniversary Token streak.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Spiderham wrote:
    Hahahahaha my "sorry" token was a moonstone..... "More to follow!!!" Awesome looking forward to it!!!

I got my millionth 2* cap! Is that worth anything?
  • Also, one of the chief problems with this whole disaster is that the anniversary tokens are useless! A free one isn't compensation, it's compounding the problem. You owe anybody who bit on the things a freaking refund, and you're giving out more?

For what it's worth, I think this Anniversary token is the "Woo everyboy gets a free token on anniversary!" token, and not the "Oh god we're sorry have some compensation" token/goodie bag.

Like even if Galactus went perfectly and all that we'd still get this token.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Philly79 wrote:
    Spiderham wrote:

A token with another 2* cap in it icon_e_wink.gif
  • 2* moon stone. sigh, you guys really dont care about your paying customers. well, time for me to shut my money valves until you do the right stuff
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    We have looked at all the feedback that has been posted to the forums, twitter, etc. We are listening! We are working on a plan going forward and will update here on the forums when we have something to announce.

Thank you for your patience!

If you don't provide feedback later today, I'll have no choice but to make another thread with terrible photoshops.

Consider this your first and only warning.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    thisone wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    Spiderham wrote:

Lmao nice one
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    thisone wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    Spiderham wrote:

HAHAHA sucks to be you. I got me a shiny 2* wolvervine icon_cool.gif
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    If the response to your customers regarding this catastrophe was issued yesterday then a "thank you" would be warranted. However, how this situation has been handled is nothing short of horrific. This type of business conduct is why businesses go belly-up. The non-chelant stance your company has taken towards addressing your customers complaints and concerns is disgusting and insulting. Whether you think you might not have anything important to share regarding the last 30+ hours, that doesn't matter! Your number one priority should be to satisfy your customers. Somebody with a recognizable name should have made a post first thing this morning issuing a grand apology, whether you know how you're going to move forward or not. But that's not what happened, and through your actions it simply appears that you take those who support this game AND provide the money for your paychecks for granted.

I find it very hard to believe that the executives at Marvel would be at all pleased with how your two companies have turned fixable and manageable issues into a nightmarish debacle. Your inaction doesn't just sully the images of your two studios, but also any associated licensing bodies such as Marvel.
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Man I kinda feel bad now about getting a single Doc Ock color I can't use at all, instead of a 2- star.png in my Eleven Anniversary Tokens. Like? What right have I to complain? I got a Three- star.png from an anniversary token.

Also thank you for the anniversary token. (But please fix the issues with Galactus, and with Black Vortex, and with the Anniversary AvX join forces.)
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    thisone wrote:
    Philly79 wrote:
    Spiderham wrote:

HAHAHA sucks to be you. I got me a shiny 2* wolvervine icon_cool.gif

I'm hoping to earn my shiny 2* wolverine by scoring 3k in the anniversary season. Seems like fair compensation.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    [/quote] I got my millionth 2* cap! Is that worth anything?[/quote]

A token with another 2* cap in it icon_e_wink.gif[/quote]

HAHAHA sucks to be you. I got me a shiny 2* wolvervine icon_cool.gif[/quote]

I'm hoping to earn my shiny 2* wolverine by scoring 3k in the anniversary season. Seems like fair compensation.[/quote]

All I have to say is, don't get your hopes too high. Not everyone is going to be able to get a 2* wolverine.
  • As somebody who's been decently fond of this event, and posting as such, I was rewarded with getting a icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png , which I needed.

And also she's my favorite Marvel character so, thanks for the awesome token luck, guys!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    For what it's worth, I think this Anniversary token is the "Woo everyboy gets a free token on anniversary!" token, and not the "Oh god we're sorry have some compensation" token/goodie bag.

Like even if Galactus went perfectly and all that we'd still get this token.

I'm not sure how forumites are so dense as to not realize this.
  • Enoc99
    Enoc99 Posts: 141
    colwag wrote:
    As somebody who's been decently fond of this event, and posting as such, I was rewarded with getting a icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png , which I needed.

And also she's my favorite Marvel character so, thanks for the awesome token luck, guys!
    OP, she can solo galactus in the comics.
  • Enoc99 wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    As somebody who's been decently fond of this event, and posting as such, I was rewarded with getting a icon_squirrelgirl.pngyellowflag.png , which I needed.

OP, she can solo galactus in the comics.

Her Yellow actually creates 1,000,000 strength Protect tiles in this match, and also prevents board destruction, little known fact.

I also saw somebody propose the strategy of "Fill the board with MoStorm's Hailstorm and just use The Bigger They Are to stall without making a match so he can't make more tiles" but I don't think that'd work so well.
  • Thank you Anthony.

I really appreciate your feedback to the community, and will be looking forward to the next steps. BTW, we are mad because we love this game, spend countless hours on it, and not an insignificant amount of money. We would not be so animated if we did not care. You and team have developed a great product that we enjoy every day, but there is always room for growth.
    Consider a few things for the next major event:
    spike capacity management (cloud bursting, etc...), automated regression testing, profile testing (copy the profile of various players and test a special event using their rosters), alpha testing (invite some of us to alpha/beta test... we probably use your product more than you/your testers), slow down rate of new content release in advance of special events to give you a chance to do proper balancing...

Some of your players have been doing software/web/game development for years (agile & waterfall), and/or are working in high throughput IT environments, leverage that expertise.

We want you to succeed and most importantly, we are hoping for the next major event to go smoothly.

we understand that you will properly compensate us, as you have in the past, we trust you, what interests me the most is what are you doing to avoid these types of problems from plaguing the next hyped event...