Outage During Galactus Hungers

Demiurge_Anthony
Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ is now stable and running! We will be compensating everyone affected by the outages. Thank you for your patience.

Comments

• Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Will you all be addressing some of the concerns about overall difficulty of the Galactus event?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Thank you. Can you or someone please address the myriad other issues/questions about the event and anniversary in general?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    MPQ is now stable and running! We will be compensating everyone affected by the outages. Thank you for your patience.
    Ok, now what about the BROKEN, inaccurate descriptions/actions of Galactus' abilities? SW got an immediate fix when it was brought to your attention that her actions didn't match skill description

Boy, that one anniversary token (250 iso8.png ) really makes me feel better about this event
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Just got a pop-up window that said "Happy Anniversary" and received an Anniversary token. Was that it?
  • So now Galactus can kill me even quicker without worry of check internet connection?? What about all the questions everyone has been asking?????
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Wow...pretty sad that you give no response to the mountain of complaints out here. So dismissive it's disgusting.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    I'm not sure which is worse.

That it took 26+ hours for a red to make a response.

Or that this was the response.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    lockness wrote:
    Just got a pop-up window that said "Happy Anniversary" and received an Anniversary token. Was that it?

No! That was a present. More to follow!
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Could you at least let us know if after you've looked through the data that the event is actually working as intended? Because this is really what we all would like to know. Thanks
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    We have looked at all the feedback that has been posted to the forums, twitter, etc. We are listening! We are working on a plan going forward and will update here on the forums when we have something to announce.

Thank you for your patience!
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Dont announce anything, switch galactus ability difficulty to lower level ASAP, like yesterday
  • Anthony,

Thanks for coming back. Thought you have drive-by posted and bolted. icon_e_wink.gif

Could you, in simple terms, comment that either:

A. Galactus is working exactly the way we had hoped (health, powers, timing, etc.)

B. It might have ended up a bit harder than we had envisioned, but we wanted it to be difficult.

C. Whoops! Heh heh heh. Yeah, we might have made him virtually impossible to play against, let alone actually beat.

Thanks for anything you'd care to offer.

DBC
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    We have looked at all the feedback that has been posted to the forums, twitter, etc. We are listening! We are working on a plan going forward and will update here on the forums when we have something to announce.

Thank you for your patience!
    SHV8mcF.gif
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Being MIA for 30 hours and saying "we are listening" is a terrible business model.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why is this broken, untested, frustrating, useless event still running?

Pull the plug.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    While thank you guys for the free anniversary token, I sadly have to be ungreatful for my 13th 2* cover from event/ anniversary tokens (won and bought)...I am sure I am not the only one to have nothing but bad pulls for this event
  • Hi Anthony,
    Thank you for your note and for stabilizing the server issues that were locking many of us out from the game and Anniversary events. The compensation for our difficulties is a nice gesture and appreciated. I hope you and D3 recognize the overwhelming surge from players on the servers was a sign of the enthusiasm we all feel for the game and the Anniversary event itself.

With that enthusiasm in mind, many, many players currently look forward to an additional response from you and/or D3 about other Anniversary-related issues that have been raised here and in other forums, including:

--The unexpected (and insurmountable) extreme difficulty of the Galactus battles for the vast majority of players
    --The unusual lack of PvP and/or other Story Events running currently
    --The notable adjustments to the odds for four-star draws from Anniversary packs (as compared to previous Event packs and ongoing Heroic packs)

While I in no way speak for all players, I believe some of the frustration of losing repeatedly to Galactus could be lessened by other concurrent, more competitive events. And the Anniversary pack draw rates suggest the event is geared towards newer players, yet the Galactus battles are unapproachable to many experienced players, to say nothing of newer ones.

It's a confusing mixture of circumstances for many, many players. I know that D3 wants this Anniversary event to be successful and memorable for good reasons, rather than leave a bitter taste among the broader field of fans and players. For this reason and others, we welcome with respect and eagerness your comments and thoughts at D3 on these issues now, before the event becomes too entrenched as a disappointment.

Thank you.
  • Hahahahaha my "sorry" token was a moonstone..... "More to follow!!!" Awesome looking forward to it!!!
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    He's left. D3 is most likely closed for the weekend.

By in the future, he means enjoy the broken game this weekend.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    ^^well said....I have a pretty decent roster and am 0-5 on round 6....that being said I am on the side of not having too many events running as I personally would like to focus on the main - IF we were able to replay him without the timer