how far into galactus is your alliance?

Comments

• Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    But how do you do it to scratch him in round 7 and 8? Which teams do you use? Do you force quit or just retreat when the board is a tinykitty? Do you defeat him or just make some damage?

Man, I am surprised you got to round 8. Some people is really good/devoted to this game!
    Profx/GSBW/hulk... galactus countdowns proc anger, which cause cascades & clap him to death
  • Polares wrote:
    But how do you do it to scratch him in round 7 and 8? Which teams do you use? Do you force quit or just retreat when the board is a tinykitty? Do you defeat him or just make some damage?

Man, I am surprised you got to round 8. Some people is really good/devoted to this game!

Stage 7 is same as Stage 6 except he has 28k health not 24k. so death timer is the same.

In Round 7, he generates 4AP per cosmic instead of 3AP. Makes a difference because sometimes you had an extra turn in Round 6.
    I'm in Round 7 and I think we will grind that out over the next 20 hours, but Round 8 is too far out for us. Alliances that are in Round 8 now should have enough time.
    Personal progression should have been 1M. I think 1.25M is just out of reach for most. I'm #1 in my Alliance right now and most have caved including commander to not getting legendary. This is coming from an alliance who required legendary progression on the 7 day PvE. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Shadow Evolved has about 1 million left in Round 7. The event has been quite frustrating. But the elation of bringing down Big G 2 or 3 times a clear is real. It's certainly a demoralizing event but the creativity and alliance building has been fun. And getting at least 2 Cyclops covers is really good compensation. Every member of our alliance has contributed, and they didn't need fistbusters to do it.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Thunderkittens has 563K left in round 7. I don't see round 8 happening. Personally, I've been using Hulk/OBW/Mororo. Hulk generates the green, Mo uses it, generating other AP, BW delays countdowns with blue and siphons with purple. Still gotta get a reasonable board of course...
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not Bothered is a very casual alliance that is on round 5. II am quite pleased we made it this far to be honest once the essential node levels went higher than Keith Moon on tour.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in a pretty casual alliance, and we're halfway through round 5. I just told everyone to go enjoy the rest of their weekend though, rather than kill themselves over this. Cannot fathom asking anyone to give up their free time to continue with this tinykitty.

(Not a jab at alliances who are crushing it.)
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    finishing up round 5
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Etc. is almost exactly halfway through round six, and I imagine we have a 50/50 shot of being able to complete round six. Morale took a good hit when the galactus pins scaled from a sensible "restore your self-esteem by crushing these bugs before getting another opportunity to be crushed by Galactus" to a depressing "slog-o-matic before getting crushed by Galactus".
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Earth group

Alliance 1 - 1.1 Mill away from R6. got a lot of old timers who pretty much went...
    "really..."

Alliance 2, About the same from completing R5. They have been told to take it easy as there is no point.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Lock and load has 4.3 m left in round 8.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    700k left. will be dead once the refresh hits in 27 minutes.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Feral Ones has 186k left in round 6. We will finish that, but I fear we may run out of time on round 7.

We'll see how far we get by tomorrow morning and go from there.

I've been beating galactus about 33% of the time with xfw/if/dp. Though occasionally in get really annoyed and break out obw/dp to delay the countdownsnd superwhale the cosmic tinykitty.

Others in my Alliance are using patch/if/hood with good success.

In the end, it's all about the board....
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like many alliances, we're in stage 5 with no hope to finish it.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Belgian Shield just finished 4. No way do we get past 5.
  • Florida Alliance is just inside round 5 with a discussion to continue or quit. Because we got mercs, we're going for what we can but 6 idk and 7/8 are noooo way....
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Round 8 completed.

Galactus down!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    DuckyV wrote:
    Round 8 completed.

Galactus down!

Wow. That's impressive.

We're in 7. Will probably finish it tonight.

Such a waste of ISO. Have spent far more ISO/HP during this event than I've come close to earning. That's messed up.
  • theo199
    theo199 Posts: 79
    Woo, I'm sad for you, really.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Salgy wrote:
    We opened round 8 in the middle of the night (central US time) and are currently 3.9/5.9million into the round... mathematically we will be able to defeat him... and mathematically 5-6 of us should be able to get the legendary token before he kicks the bucket... whether he stays open and playable after for others to do the same remains to be seen...
    And... Villains Inc. just toppled galactus... Everything stays open so progression after completion is possible...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Our Alliance just hit round 6 but I don't think we'll make it to round 7. I'm happy with the single Cyclops, yellow looks to be his best color