No Holds Barred - Elite

Options

Comments

• This should be a fun event. Sadly I work all weekend. Shielded at #7 hopefully by tomorrow night I'll know if competing is an option.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    haha, oh man, I didn't read the prizes properly when I first saw the event, and thought they were giving out a single X-Force cover for the top spots.

I thought walkyourpath said he probably wouldn't do it again, but I guess it's a significant change in reward. Perhaps it's having your name show up on the tourney card next to "Previous Winner" - gotta keep up that prestige!
  • This should be a fun event. Sadly I work all weekend. Shielded at #7 hopefully by tomorrow night I'll know if competing is an option.

Screw you. I coming for you, man.
  • It's not odd that's he's bottlenecked on covers. It looks pretty obvious that all he's done is spend real money to max the levels and max the covers of a color once he gets 1 of them. If he did that that's what the roster would look like.
  • Mawtful wrote:
    haha, oh man, I didn't read the prizes properly when I first saw the event, and thought they were giving out a single X-Force cover for the top spots.

I thought walkyourpath said he probably wouldn't do it again, but I guess it's a significant change in reward. Perhaps it's having your name show up on the tourney card next to "Previous Winner" - gotta keep up that prestige!

It's fun running with the pack for a while, but I'm not playing this one out. Was very tempted, but ISO is my primary concern right now, so I opted to just grind it for a bit. Unshielded, but left a good team out. I will be watching to see what happens!
  • Psykopathic is the only person in my queue worth double digits. I'm not attacking any forum member. What a drag lol.
  • Top8Gamer wrote:
    It's not odd that's he's bottlenecked on covers. It looks pretty obvious that all he's done is spend real money to max the levels and max the covers of a color once he gets 1 of them. If he did that that's what the roster would look like.

That seems like pretty weird to just randomly level guys who are clearly not that powerful just because you can. I think the guy just gave himself unlimited Iso 8 but couldn't be bothered to start purchasing a few thousand tokens in hopes of getting the last covers he's missing. I mean, if you think about it, it's got to take a lot of clicking to get any particular cover you're missing even if you're given unlimited HP.
  • I always seem to be short on HP when these events come around. Oh well, heroic tokens haven't been treating me well anyway.
  • I haven't bought in yet. Really need to think about this one. I probably won't in the end, but that's a tough call. I've barely had time to play the last few days so might just grind away in DD for ISO.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    Psykopathic is the only person in my queue worth double digits. I'm not attacking any forum member. What a drag lol.

Not attacking any forum member seems like a tough thing to do if you want to do well in the elite tournament.
  • So, are we doing the epic commentary thing around the event's end, again? That was the highlight for me, personally.
  • Celerity wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:
    Psykopathic is the only person in my queue worth double digits. I'm not attacking any forum member. What a drag lol.

Not attacking any forum member seems like a tough thing to do if you want to do well in the elite tournament.

You're right. I don't have every forum member in memory either. Someone may have to get stepped on...unfortunately
  • Oversoul wrote:
    So, are we doing the epic commentary thing around the event's end, again? That was the highlight for me, personally.

I hope we have forum regulars in the top 10 to cheer for like we did last time - that was highly entertaining.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just figured out how much you could make selling all the covers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... qM2c#gid=0

Comes to an additional 11,850 ISO and 1125 HP Assuming you don't use any covers. I would wind up keeping 6 of them (3 DD, 1 Xforce Wolverine and 2 IW)

I cant remember how much you get for a 4* Iso wise so I went with 175, if its 200 you can adjust the calculation by a couple hundred ISO.

So, all told we are talking about 1st at
    25000 ISO + 11850
    2500 HP + 1125

2-3rd
    20000 ISO + 11850
    1000 HP + 1125
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm on the forum!!
  • Kiamodo wrote:
    I'm on the forum!!

LOL I see you!
  • In the end I decided to enter, then I realized I did not want to shield and/or push much in the first half, so I put on a very squishy team up to tank.

Hood 30, M Storm 18, OBW 80 - at max covers except Hood's yellow - the first two could use a few more levels but you know... iso... icon_rolleyes.gif

Trolliest team ever, can self sustain at around 150-200 points from victories of exasperated players throwing their cell phones out of the window after half an hour of power spam and ap drain.
    Priceless to see those blue passive victiories to pop up.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I started about 1 hour ago, played 2 and won 2. Had to skip a few as most of them were above me... was ranked 4000++ after the first match, so I know there are at least 4000 over players.

So why did the system decide to match me up with this guy, with my level 64 Patch, level 53 Punisher and level 45 OBW?

xApyHPI.jpg

• Koolbiird wrote:
    Celerity wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:

You're right. I don't have every forum member in memory either. Someone may have to get stepped on...unfortunately

I'm the only 1 in top 10 that hasn't been shielding is why. I don't care if u pop me once or twice here and there. Just don't over do it icon_e_smile.gif
  • Leo83 managed to #5 and 807 pts with pretty weak roster compared to all around.