No Holds Barred - Elite

Options

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    The defensive strategy Walkyourpath did on the first tournament isn't going to work this time, because Magneto + Patch can shred any defense trivially. You wouldn't really even need to stun, but of course you can always bring along Spiderman just to be safe.

I have a pretty busy weekend so I couldn't even play seriously, much less compete for a top 25 spot, but it is tempting though.
    Question 1)
    do you compete against everyone or just against people who register? So if there are only 1000 top players playing, well that's a completely different issue.
    Question 2)
    How do you neutralize a Maxed Magneto other than Spider stun?
    Question 3)
    Can we get a full write up of the top 3 strategy after the tournament? I found walkyourpath's write up inspiring and that has been the main reason why I kept playing this game when I was tempted to stop.
    Question 4) Did anyone here place about 100, and if so, what team and levels did you field on previous? I want to know what a collective level of 300 will get me, aprox...
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wolfman wrote:
    How hard was it to get Top 1000 in the previous one? Like, how many points?
    Since I still lack quite a few 2* covers, I figure if I can grab 3 Heroics it would be kinda worth entering, since that's their discounted price.

Wolfman, if you still lack 2* covers are are up for spending 300hp, do yourself the following favor:
    Buy 1 heroic token every day for 100HP on the daily deal.

You'll end up with 3 tokens after 3 days (length of tourney) with 0 worry about "placing"

NOTE: As always, if you are a Freebie player, always use hp for rooster spots until you are over 20. Worry about covers after you have solid room setup.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The daily reward is worth 100 HP, after that it costs 300 HP. They started a DD tournament at the same time, so I don't think anyone should really be frustrated about a "locked" portion of a F2P game.
  • What is the cost of shield? 100 , 200 , 400?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Polkio wrote:
    What is the cost of shield? 100 , 200 , 400?

75, 150, 300
  • Don't think I should join this. It'd basically mean I couldn't take part in the other tournament and I don't think my 77 Doom/ 70 OBW / 85 Astonishing Wolverine would be enough to see me through
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't really get why people are complaining about how this tournament is P2W. Think about it as an extra for hardcore players to have something to fight over. It's not like this took the place of some other tournament, since the standard Daredevil tournament is also running this weekend. Just don't participate it in if you don't like it, but don't complain that it exists when it isn't causing you any harm.
  • Y'all have fun. I'm focusing on trying to get Spider-Man and Doom covers.
  • I'm not participating in the Elite one (probably not worth the time if can't make a deep run) but I see no problem with it.

Honestly they should run these tournaments and other interesting tournments at the same time so that you can't do well in all the tournaments. The last Avenger Elite tournament overlapped with the LRs and I thought that was a great idea because it makes it way easier for the people not competing in the Avenger Elite to do well in LR.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    From econimic point of view it is not worth to join if you won't be at top 3. Walkyourpath admit that he spend 2100-2200HP to get to 1st, also I believe that first 10 people could spend something similar. So 50% more on shields - let say to get to top 3 it would cost you 3000HP.
    4-10 places - 500HP and 15000 iso reward. Iso is nice but to be honest you pay about 2500HP on shields - 500HP reward = 2000HP for 15000 iso (better price then in iso/HP shop). Is it worth - imo no but you must ask yourself that question.

And to be in top 10 you have to be a hardcore player and you have to sacrifice a weekend for a game.

Ofc you get bonus iso for playing but you can get bonus iso for playing in every other event so I no calculated it here

On the other hand this event is nice for casual players which could get a Heroic token and 500iso just for joining.

Personaly I won't join but wish you all good luck and a fair fight for top prizes

PS: just wonder. Where are JACOBPC and THERECK? I reported them during first event and don't see them since then
  • Just as for last time, my suggestion to everyone: NOT enter! (unless you were in the desired first N last time and/or have those maxed mags/spidey/X deck, also preferably a ton of HP on hand for shields and 48h spare time... icon_e_wink.gif

But those who do participate, please write reports on happenings as it goes and afterwards.
  • I guess I'm not elite enough to throw away 300 HP for a usually useless heroic token and 500 iso.
  • Polkio wrote:
    From econimic point of view it is not worth to join if you won't be at top 3. Walkyourpath admit that he spend 2100-2200HP to get to 1st, also I believe that first 10 people could spend something similar. So 50% more on shields - let say to get to top 3 it would cost you 3000HP.
    4-10 places - 500HP and 15000 iso reward. Iso is nice but to be honest you pay about 2500HP on shields - 500HP reward = 2000HP for 15000 iso (better price then in iso/HP shop). Is it worth - imo no but you must ask yourself that question.

And to be in top 10 you have to be a hardcore player and you have to sacrifice a weekend for a game.

Ofc you get bonus iso for playing but you can get bonus iso for playing in every other event so I no calculated it here

On the other hand this event is nice for casual players which could get a Heroic token and 500iso just for joining.

Personaly I won't join but wish you all good luck and a fair fight for top prizes

"From econimic point of view it is not worth to join if you won't be at top 3"

Exactly!
  • I didn't get to participate in the first one because the end day/time was bad for me so I'll jump in on this one. Not really expecting too much (definitely not a top spot) out of it but seems like a nice change of pace.
  • Is anyone part of the my wife hates MPQ club? If I told her about this tourney she would freak out in a bad way. icon_e_smile.gif

I wonder if you could build an early lead, shield for 24, unshield, fight one or two, then shield for 24, then unshield, fight one then shield for the remainder. Can one of our forum game theorists / economists calculate the value proposition of this? For normal tournaments a score of 650 pretty much guarantees a top 50 placement, right? So I wonder, what's the magic number to guarantee break even point?
  • This is a money sink. A clever little plot to deflate HP from all players.

10000 players = 3 million HP sink.

Add up all the rewards for the top ranks. Are they worth 3 million HP?
  • Tolken wrote:
    Wolfman wrote:
    How hard was it to get Top 1000 in the previous one? Like, how many points?
    Since I still lack quite a few 2* covers, I figure if I can grab 3 Heroics it would be kinda worth entering, since that's their discounted price.

Wolfman, if you still lack 2* covers are are up for spending 300hp, do yourself the following favor:
    Buy 1 heroic token every day for 100HP on the daily deal.

You'll end up with 3 tokens after 3 days (length of tourney) with 0 worry about "placing"

NOTE: As always, if you are a Freebie player, always use hp for rooster spots until you are over 20. Worry about covers after you have solid room setup.

I'm a freebie player and I'm well past 20 slots. It's more of completionist thing. The thing is, I'd get 2000 bonus iso. The alternative is burning my remaining HP on even more cover slots, if I want absolutely every character (even the likes of Yelena), or use it on shields.

I guess I could also earn even more HPs and buy some of the missing covers, but I feel those prices are huge ripoffs. (1250, are you effing kidding me?)

I'm a mid, upper-mid player. I finish top 45 in most tournaments, unless I lose on purpose. Top 15 if I shield before the end.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    klingsor wrote:
    Is anyone part of the my wife hates MPQ club? If I told her about this tourney she would freak out in a bad way. icon_e_smile.gif

I wonder if you could build an early lead, shield for 24, unshield, fight one or two, then shield for 24, then unshield, fight one then shield for the remainder. Can one of our forum game theorists / economists calculate the value proposition of this? For normal tournaments a score of 650 pretty much guarantees a top 50 placement, right? So I wonder, what's the magic number to guarantee break even point?

In normal tournament you can find enemies for 15 -20 point to gain lead bcos in OTHER bracket there are people with higher ranking then you. In this one if you are 1st you are first bcos there are only one bracket so you will be fighting fo 8-10 points. Look how it is now and if leader has got a decent advantage on others

PS: you basically described a tactics for this one. Only difference that you have to do it every few hours not every 24 hours icon_e_smile.gif
  • radiopy wrote:
    No, but 300 HP guarantees you a heroic token and 500 iso. When a normal heroic token costs 300 HP, I don't think it's a bad idea.

That's pretty bad. Standard tokens sell for 500 iso, that doesn't mean I'd buy them. Same for heroic toekn, they're not worth 300hp.
  • klingsor wrote:
    Is anyone part of the my wife hates MPQ club? If I told her about this tourney she would freak out in a bad way. icon_e_smile.gif

That strategy loses to the guy who constantly shields so the question is how many people will be constantly shielding? The cost of shields went up by 50%, so it's reasonable to assume less shields will be used, but how much less?

I recall the top score last time was 1400? It's certainly above 1000. However, I can only see the top 10 (didn't participate in the last tournament), so it's impossible for me to say what's the spread of score outside of top 10.