MPQ Coming To Consoles!

124»

Comments

• loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like it could be fun.

To keep parity with the mobile game, just make sure you:
    1) Hide the AP for both teams. Constantly. Every turn.
    2) Don't allow players to know how much AP has changed, especially for the enemy team. Only ever show totals, not changes, and be sure to hide them.
    3) Only allow people to play the game at very specific times of the day. 11am, 5pm, 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am - whatever your local time is. The game actually won't turn on any other times, and you can only play for an hour.
    4) Unless you play for >4hrs a day, you actually lose one character every week.
    5) Roster slots are DLC.
  • Y'know what else is nice about this version NOT being F2P like the mobile version?

That if they were to do a Galactus boss fight, they have no reason to make it ultra-mega-hard, nor to lock you out from participating with a limited number of health packs.

A Pay to Play game does not have issues like this.
  • I feel it is a bad move not having this come to Wii U or 3DS.

Just because something is more challenging doesn't mean you should just drop it. The touch screens as well as the user base of Nintendo is better suited to the game.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Sounds cool. Probably won't buy it because I have a WiiU and don't play the X360 anymore. But I would, if I had a system to play it on. The DLC sounds pretty fair (access to like 60 characters without it) and rebalancing sounds really exciting.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    You can watch the trailer here:
    Xbone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAePqVu ... e=youtu.be
    Playstation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t3qPcC ... e=youtu.be

Stuff I noticed:

IM35's Ultra-Freon Beam costs 13.

She-Hulk has Reprieve.

Level 1 Devil Dino has 350 HP icon_e_smile.gif

As mentioned elsewhere, Iron Patriot appears on the character selection screen.

I think the idea of rebalancing all the characters (getting away from the rarity/free to play mechanic) is pretty interesting. Mostly I wonder how they're going to differentiate characters like Storm (Modern) and Storm (Mohawk) who are basically identical. Same goes for Thor and Johnny Storm.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I want that character selection screen added to our version of the game! I have to scroll through 57 characters if I want to use OBW on a goon node.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cross buy? Sweet. I'll pick up the core game and see how beefy it is before I do any DLC.