MPQ Coming To Consoles!

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    More the former. The DLC has the side stories that aren't directly Dark Reign and a couple characters each.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, putting this all together, the $15 base game will have...

For characters:
    All characters up to Thor (Goddess of Thunder), plus Iron Patriot, as they existed in November 2014
    No star ratings
    A universal level cap of 300?
    No 13-cover cap?
    New structure for gaining covers/EXP?

For stages:
    The Prologue stages
    Unstable ISO-8 (no subs version)
    The Hunt
    Thick as Thieves
    Iso-8 Brotherhood (tons of subs version)
    The Hulk (tons of subs version)
    Prodigal Sun (tons of subs version)

For game modes:
    Offline, non-competitive single-player story mode
    Head-to-head two-player versus, including couch versus and online

Am I missing anything?
  • IceIX
    <snip feature set>

Am I missing anything?
    Nearly. Hulk and Deadpool vs. MPQ are both DLC. Both contain 2 characters each who are not in the base game. Thor (Goddess) is her own piece of (cheaper) DLC.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoping for a PC release. I'd love to play this at my leisure rather than waiting for health packs to regen. Fail? Try again! Fail some more? Go back and level up some more! I loved the other puzzle quests for that ability.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Any chance this comes to the vita?
  • I'm afraid of the intervention that is going to happen when my friends and family see I'm playing MPQ both on my console and my phone as two separate games.
  • IceIX
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    About the same chance as Wii-U/3DS. Not totally out of the question, but no plans at current.
  • IceIX wrote:
    <snip feature set>

Am I missing anything?
    Nearly. Hulk and Deadpool vs. MPQ are both DLC. Both contain 2 characters each who are not in the base game. Thor (Goddess) is her own piece of (cheaper) DLC.

Would hope the counsel version would have a new better written story, and more rewarding missions. Also if all 3 dlc's come out right away is there a way to just buy a complete version of the game?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2015
    Huh, my bet for DLC was Meet Rocket & Groot, Deadpool vs., and EOTS at one per pack. Oh well.

Any insight on the level-up/cover gaining system?
  • Haetron wrote:
    I'm afraid of the intervention that is going to happen when my friends and family see I'm playing MPQ both on my console and my phone as two separate games.

And playing both at the same time icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX
    Huh, my bet for DLC was Meet Rocket & Groot, Deadpool vs., and EOTS at one per pack. Oh well.

Any insight on the level-up/cover gaining system?
    You gain characters/covers as you go through the storyline. You gain levels as base XP when you use the characters in battle. So you actually need to use Bag-Man if you want to level him up.
  • Do wonder how some people feel about getting 70ish fully leveled and covered characters for about the price of one star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover.

It's not exactly even value here!

...but I'm going to keep playing this version anyways. Just going to recommend the console version to everyone else.
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Is there an official price on the UK version? (Is there even a UK version? xD)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:

vita is mostly dead and would be shocked to see any company wanting to pour money into the system. same with the 3ds with rumors of the new system hitting in 2016 with no backwards cap on it. Game seems it was to be played on the move so why they skipped handhelds totally sort of sucks but is understandable
  • colwag wrote:
    Do wonder how some people feel about getting 70ish fully leveled and covered characters for about the price of one star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover.

Right above your post, it's made clear the characters aren't fully leveled and fully covered and require time investment.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    There is a lot about the structure of this variant of the game that I am very fond of and sort of wish the main game would be.
  • Haetron wrote:
    colwag wrote:
    Do wonder how some people feel about getting 70ish fully leveled and covered characters for about the price of one star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png cover.

Right above your post, it's made clear the characters aren't fully leveled and fully covered and require time investment.

Oh, I know that.

I just highly, highly doubt it's going to be along the lines of time investment needed in the F2P version.

I think it's safe to bet I could get a fully covered and leveled Loki in the console version before I can finish off my currently 3 covered one I have after 660 hours of play in this version.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Any plan of wrapping up the Dark Reign storyline finally for this release? I notice that the game will have a Dark Reign tagline.
  • VazzVegas
    VazzVegas Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    My Vita is just begging for this game. Please make it happen!
  • Will there be eventual DLC added that will bring the game up to the roster/storylines that we have now? There's a lot of good characters that aren't in that line-up, and i'd love to have a xf Deadpool & xf Wolverine team going icon_e_biggrin.gif