Hayek's guide to reaching high PvP progression rewards

Options
124»

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I just wanted to say a very belated thanks for this. When I was just starting out taking PvP seriously, playing under-leveled 4*s, it was incredibly helpful.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Try...
    Start at the 8 hours remaining mark

Climb to 600 or so

Wait until 1 hour is left and climb until either event finishes or health packs run out.

You'll hit 800 and usually finish the event with about 600 points or so unshiekded (saving hp)
    Interesting, I might try this! What placement could I expect with this strategy? Usually I join with 1 hour 15 minutes before the end and fight until the last minute. However, if I get to 700 points with about 10 minutes remaining, I get hit and knocked down for over 100 points. I still end up in top 100 for placement, but that's about it. Maybe I should stop fighting at 600 if there's lots of time left and wait for the last 10 minutes and do 2 last fights?

Consider starting a little earlier and shielding before the last 15 minutes of the event. If you start anywhere after 3 hours left and end before 15-10 minutes left, that should greatly reduce you getting hit because it is during the "off time" of many shield hoppers getting the most out of their shield refresh timers. The last big push for points always comes during the last 10 minutes of the event when people break shields and go for broke. If you are still unshielded at the time, and you have a less-than-stellar roster, you will be a prime target.

Good luck out there.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How does the ai decide which of your characters an opponent will fight ?

Until I read this guide I always just used all of the shards does this mean I have a higher chance of being attacked

I've never got above 800 points yet

Shall try these tips and see if it helps thanks
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    turbomoose wrote:
    How does the ai decide which of your characters an opponent will fight ?
    Your defensive team is the last team with which you won a battle, at the time you show up in an opponent's queue. There are exceptions, but if you're not already familiar with them then it's probably not something you'd ever need to worry about.