Posting Videos and Calling Out Players

124»

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Deadpooool wrote:
    I've hit 1500 before without coordination and intention shield climbing. Thanks to an overachieving top-5 alliance that shall-not-be-named-here. They're kinda villainous, though icon_e_wink.gif

Anyway I think i kinda sorta maybe (or not) understand where you're coming from. But your argument doesn't make any sense. If you've Q'd 3 of your mates, how would you know/remember who is who 3 hours later when you want to shield check them if their names do not appear on screen? I'm advocating NOT removing IGN's from PVP, if you've understood my earlier posts.

It would be possible to avoid hitting your own alliance by making it so that your own alliance teammates wouldn't appear in your queue. There is something corrupt about the current system where 95% of the top players are scoring as high as they do by mostly attacking their own teammates. Of course, the economy of the slices where no one is doing this makes getting points incredibly difficult.

Really, the only way to get over 1300 right now is through alliance coordination, or being in the same slice as those who are coordinating with each other and being able to ride their coordination. My easiest rides to 1300 have been the last two slices where I ended up with the top two alliances (of the same name). If I'm lucky enough to be online at the same time they are hopping, I queue them up and then try to wait before hitting them so that they can do their thing and I just ride the wave. The problems arise when you hit them while they are hopping and you find yourself suddenly hit many, many times by members of the same alliance. Maybe they are just hitting whoever was available, but it can feel like enforcement. So I've learned to just give them fifteen or twenty minutes after queuing them up so that they can finish their hop. Not because I condone what they are doing, but because the alternative is unpalatable.

If you removed names from the target, I realize that it wouldn't actually stop alliance coordination. You would still join the same slice and you would still be able to queue each other up and hit only when shields were raised. How would you know it was the teammate that you were supposed to queue up? Well, the 3 member team they are using and the number of points they have are pretty much dead giveaways. Hint: they aren't the team that is worth only 5 or 10 points.

If all you find are a bunch of targets worth 5 points each (which tends to be the case when you are trying to climb over 1200 in a slice where no one is actively hitting shields), the only way to reliably hit 1300 is to have people in your slice that are "abusing" the shield system (or abusing it yourself). I used to think this was a huge problem with the game, but now I see that it really is the only way anyone is going to be able to score 1300 points.

If they were to remove IGN's from PvP, they would need to adjust the scoring system to make it possible to still make 1300. Possibly by doing what they did with SHIELD SIM and making point values scale at a higher level. If you get hit by three people over 1000 when you are over 1200, you lose way more points than you could possible recover from retaliation. This is the huge problem for the people that are just fighting the normal way. One hit during a hop can set you back the points you gained from winning three fights.

So until PvP is fixed, the only reason to remove PvP IGNs is to protect people who are just playing the game and don't visit these forums to understand "PvP etiquette".
  • Ding
    Ding Posts: 179
    Buret0 wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    I've hit 1500 before without coordination and intention shield climbing. Thanks to an overachieving top-5 alliance that shall-not-be-named-here. They're kinda villainous, though icon_e_wink.gif

Anyway I think i kinda sorta maybe (or not) understand where you're coming from. But your argument doesn't make any sense. If you've Q'd 3 of your mates, how would you know/remember who is who 3 hours later when you want to shield check them if their names do not appear on screen? I'm advocating NOT removing IGN's from PVP, if you've understood my earlier posts.

It would be possible to avoid hitting your own alliance by making it so that your own alliance teammates wouldn't appear in your queue. There is something corrupt about the current system where 95% of the top players are scoring as high as they do by mostly attacking their own teammates. Of course, the economy of the slices where no one is doing this makes getting points incredibly difficult.

Really, the only way to get over 1300 right now is through alliance coordination, or being in the same slice as those who are coordinating with each other and being able to ride their coordination. My easiest rides to 1300 have been the last two slices where I ended up with the top two alliances (of the same name). If I'm lucky enough to be online at the same time they are hopping, I queue them up and then try to wait before hitting them so that they can do their thing and I just ride the wave. The problems arise when you hit them while they are hopping and you find yourself suddenly hit many, many times by members of the same alliance. Maybe they are just hitting whoever was available, but it can feel like enforcement. So I've learned to just give them fifteen or twenty minutes after queuing them up so that they can finish their hop. Not because I condone what they are doing, but because the alternative is unpalatable.

If you removed names from the target, I realize that it wouldn't actually stop alliance coordination. You would still join the same slice and you would still be able to queue each other up and hit only when shields were raised. How would you know it was the teammate that you were supposed to queue up? Well, the 3 member team they are using and the number of points they have are pretty much dead giveaways. Hint: they aren't the team that is worth only 5 or 10 points.

If all you find are a bunch of targets worth 5 points each (which tends to be the case when you are trying to climb over 1200 in a slice where no one is actively hitting shields), the only way to reliably hit 1300 is to have people in your slice that are "abusing" the shield system (or abusing it yourself). I used to think this was a huge problem with the game, but now I see that it really is the only way anyone is going to be able to score 1300 points.

If they were to remove IGN's from PvP, they would need to adjust the scoring system to make it possible to still make 1300. Possibly by doing what they did with SHIELD SIM and making point values scale at a higher level. If you get hit by three people over 1000 when you are over 1200, you lose way more points than you could possible recover from retaliation. This is the huge problem for the people that are just fighting the normal way. One hit during a hop can set you back the points you gained from winning three fights.

So until PvP is fixed, the only reason to remove PvP IGNs is to protect people who are just playing the game and don't visit these forums to understand "PvP etiquette".

Personally I think enforcing is a great part of the game. Many of the things that the minority complain about are things that the successful majority enjoy. Calling shield hopping an abuse of the system is a misnomer. It may or may not have been something the devs intended, but they certainly would've removed inter-alliance attacks if it was considered an abuse.