Posting Videos and Calling Out Players

Comments

• lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    barrok wrote:
    I am also guessing you haven't been part of the viscous attacks elite 'enforcers' do. Nor have you read the posts and seen the forum signatures about "oh there is a list!", threatening people who attack a specific alliance(s).

what's enforcing? i'm sorry i do not know what you speak of.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Also, no one encouraged anyone to seek him out, and the guy stays unshielded at 1800 anyway, so he is welcoming attacks. He probably gets 99% defensive wins anyway. Now, because a person was upset with a video we have to avoid attacking him? Geez

Not 99%, likely 60-70%. And I was not upset, I was entertained to see how the game played my team. I was laughing hard on whales on king whale because I thought it was badass (truly). I opened up because I want people to hit me and that is correct.

Kudos to you for having a good gamesmanship attitude towards all this.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2015
    barrok wrote:
    I am also guessing you haven't been part of the viscous attacks elite 'enforcers' do. Nor have you read the posts and seen the forum signatures about "oh there is a list!", threatening people who attack a specific alliance(s).

don't act like I am dumb. You are in a-force.. people know about a-force... and you know what I am talking about icon_razz.gif
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Also, no one encouraged anyone to seek him out, and the guy stays unshielded at 1800 anyway, so he is welcoming attacks. He probably gets 99% defensive wins anyway. Now, because a person was upset with a video we have to avoid attacking him? Geez

Not 99%, likely 60-70%. And I was not upset, I was entertained to see how the game played my team. I was laughing hard on whales on king whale because I thought it was badass (truly). I opened up because I want people to hit me and that is correct.

dammit king you've completely derailed my self-righteous ranting. i'm kicking you out of alliance! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Do it and I won't bring you to Chris Hemsworth... as well I'll join other alliance and back to spank you. icon_twisted.gif
  • lokiagentofhotness

dammit king you've completely derailed my self-righteous ranting. i'm kicking you out of alliance! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Do it and I won't bring you to Chris Hemsworth... as well I'll join other alliance and back to spank you. icon_twisted.gif

OMG how could you threaten to deny me my thor! icon_redface.gif
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    I was entertained by the videos of people showed how to defeat SS. The videos inspired people of the possibilities and solutions to fight what's coming in the future, while I considered myself as a "test drive" for great fighters out there.

Kudos for taking this so well! That was a fun match, not that I want to repeat it everyday! icon_lol.gif
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I think there r people out there trying to prevent the possibility of this "problem" might go beyond controlled *for others and in the future*. Or maybe there's some who do not like me *as if they know me personally* to be targeted. I didn't complain anything to devs and won't do until I feel that someone has crossed the line. I didn't feel that yet and hope I won't feel it anytime soon. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    I think there r people out there trying to prevent the possibility of this "problem" might go beyond controlled *for others and in the future*. Or maybe there's some who do not like me *as if they know me personally* to be targeted. I didn't complain anything to devs and won't do until I feel that someone has crossed the line. I didn't feel that yet and hope I won't feel it anytime soon. icon_e_biggrin.gif

You're probably right. Let's face it. There are a lot of new people here. If last year is any indication, we'll be getting more new people when anniversary hits.

In addition with the new subforums, I'd agree they're working on tidying up the place and make it more player friendly.
  • lokiagentofhotness

all jokes aside, i'm okay so long as you're okay with it. i don't like seeing you (or others) targeted or called out, but so long as you're good. icon_mrgreen.gif

i'm gonna superwhale your team when you least expect it, mwhwahwa.
  • Dystrophy
    Dystrophy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    I'm so sick of this "politically correct" garbage...in a video game no less. When will it stop?
  • lokiagentofhotness
    barrok wrote:
    barrok wrote:

don't act like I am dumb. You are in a-force.. people know about a-force... and you know what I am talking about icon_razz.gif

people know about a-force? what do they know about a-force? besides that we're all teenaged girls?

and if there is a hit list i have never seen or heard of it.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    So just to confirm, it's possible to super whale Silver Surfer? How is this ability coded? A ridiculous damage that will KO everyone, or is it a special flag like 100% of enemy health?
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    You wouldn't want to superwhale everytime you encounter Silver Surfer. 9-10 days of using Deadpool to be used once on Silver Surfer. Not worth it
  • Mawtful wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    I think the mods should consider disallowing the posting of ANY IGN for ANY reason, lest the person's ign and forum name is the same (like mine) and the person is trying to get my attention in my capacity as a forumite.

Perhaps the only ones who can post ign's would be mods and devs, in their capacity as mods and devs for the sake of regulations/contests. All problems would be solved then. Amiright?

Actually, I think IGNs will be the next to go. They're already integral in out-of-game communication, which goes against their "spirit of the game". If we can't see the IGN of players in our queues - or in proximity to us on ladders - then we can't actually target specific players. This also singlehandedly removes the possibility of offensive names, which will free up a lot of time for CS.

Back on topic... I don't think this is a good idea. We may end up hitting our own teammates.

And before you mention it: Check the person's alliance before hitting?
    aint-nobody-got-time-for-that.jpg
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Deadpooool wrote:
    Back on topic... I don't think this is a good idea. We may end up hitting our own teammates.

Right... because hitting your own alliance isn't *exactly* how people are currently climbing above 1300....
  • Buret0
    Not going to name names, but I just had to report my first suspected cheater. Guy had a maxed surfer, four maxed 4*s, and no 3*s.

Looking at the roster, it just felt like there was something wrong. I know you can whale a Surfer, but this roster just didn't feel like the roster of someone who had just whaled up. He sniped me from 0 points in a lightning round and cost me 63 points.
  • Buret0
    edited October 2015
    Oh, and he just hit me again.

Edit:

And he's gone.
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    Since the IceIX is so interested in closing threads instead of actually replying, I'll go ahead and post what I posted in my other thread, entitled "Okay, this has to be said..." I'm beginning to dislike IceIX, from his blatant lies about SS not affecting scaling to his closing of threads.

I don't know if it's crossed your mind, but that gameplay video showing someone playing a guy with a high leveled SS wasn't calling him out... actually, if you read between the lines, that video was calling you guys out. D3. Why? Because when 5* were introduced, you said that with the way things were set up that it would take months, if not years to max out any 5*. And here we are, not quite a month after SS debuted and we already have a fully built SS! And there is no way to defeat him, after all, the player in question is at the top of the PVP leaderboards, unshielded because no one can beat him.

Unless you take in Prof. X, who with some invisibility and luck can kill him. That's what the video was showing: this character is so ridiculous and overpowered that only one 4* with invisibility can kill him (maybe two; haven't seen it done with IW, but it's possible). If anything, it just shows that there are whales out there willing to drop thousands on a handheld game to max out the 5 stars.

I don't recall reading any comments that called the video player's opponent names. In actuality, all negative comments should go to D3 for making such an imbalance. Maybe we won't see a lot of whales buying out SS, but as more and more players start pulling SS from tokens, soon people will be able to float comfortably, not being attacked because of the scare 5* characters contain.

And let me not even start on the imbalance just having SS in your roster brings to PvP matching and PvE scaling, that's a topic for another day.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2015
    Mawtful wrote:
    Deadpooool wrote:
    I think the mods should consider disallowing the posting of ANY IGN for ANY reason, lest the person's ign and forum name is the same (like mine) and the person is trying to get my attention in my capacity as a forumite.

Perhaps the only ones who can post ign's would be mods and devs, in their capacity as mods and devs for the sake of regulations/contests. All problems would be solved then. Amiright?

Actually, I think IGNs will be the next to go. They're already integral in out-of-game communication, which goes against their "spirit of the game". If we can't see the IGN of players in our queues - or in proximity to us on ladders - then we can't actually target specific players. This also singlehandedly removes the possibility of offensive names, which will free up a lot of time for CS.

I don't think that's a bad idea actually in regards to queues. I can only think of a single reason why not. The single reason is that there are cheaters out there. Players are the best eyes and ears for players that slip through the cracks. For better or worse, ign's are the most effective way to identify these particular players.

You say it would make cs' job easier. However, I'm sure many whales already get reported. Imagine how many reports there'll be if players only see rosters without the ign's attached.

Concerning leaderboards, where's there's competition, leaderboards are integral.

I guess the other reason is, as it stands, you can hit your own alliance members, which I don't want to do. If they hard wired it so you couldn't do that, maybe it could be IGN-less. Of course, as a PvP player who plays it semi-hard, I like the personal element of knowing my opponent - makes retaliation a bit sweeter as I'm thinking 'screw you [insert mods name here]' when I take 40 points off them or some such.

Edit - I was previously taking 40 pints off of someone... Not sure if that's alcohol or blood...
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to try to address some of the concerns regarding the video post in question and mod practice in general. To be honest, as far as I am aware this is the first time we have run into this sort of situation so there were no particular rules or guidelines available to follow. The problem with the video post was that it mentioned a specific player who has recently been the target of a lot of attention (both positive and negative) and has previously stated their displeasure in receiving some of that attention.

We received feedback from a few forum members who felt the mentioning of the aforementioned player was inappropriate and were concerned that the post would make the player a target for attack. A decision was made to err on the side of caution so the thread was locked and the video was later removed.

As a mod, I understand why action was taken in regards to that post but I have also voiced my dissent with how the matter was handled to David and the other mods. We are actively discussing how to handle such situations in the future, one of the results of which was this post clarifying forum rules on posting videos and mentioning of other players.

In regards to the issue of determining "intent" when mentioning other players, we will do our best to give fair and just judgements. Obviously that leaves open the possibility of making mistakes and misjudgments but I rather take that risk than have a zero tolerance policy that would deny the opportunity to celebrate great achievements and amazing feats (and that silly mod rivalry between Dayv and Jamie).

Unfortunately we are not perfect and we occasionally will make missteps (originally locking this thread being one of them). However, we will continue to strive to do our best to serve the forum community. And I want to emphasize that: We are here to serve the community, not silence it, and you are within your rights to complain when you feel we are not living up to that role.

Sincerely,
    fight4thedream