Forum Thread

124»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's going to take me a second clear in sub 3, but I won't have to **** with Carnage.

I tried his first non-essential node in sub 3 once. Once.

No mas.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    I have to say that I like Dark Avengers more than Carnage. Sheesh!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoy pve including heroics, just not the competitive version. It's no difficulty making half a clear whenever I remember to. Already have my token. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Playing for the HP & token luck.

Got a nice bracket, and the roster/reinforcement options were ok for the first 2 days so managed to get the legend token too.

Looks like I'll get top 50, but won't roster Doc Oc. Got the legend token with only a 0/3/3 Steve Rogers as the essential, so having only xforce should be enough for simulator too. Maybe.

Awful luck with the vault though. Only pulled 2*'s icon_e_sad.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone who said they love Heroics needs to explain what makes Carnage and two goons so lovable.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Anyone who said they love Heroics needs to explain what makes Carnage and two goons so lovable.

Must be sadomasochists
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pessi wrote:
    Playing for the HP & token luck.

Got a nice bracket, and the roster/reinforcement options were ok for the first 2 days so managed to get the legend token too.

Looks like I'll get top 50, but won't roster Doc Oc. Got the legend token with only a 0/3/3 Steve Rogers as the essential, so having only xforce should be enough for simulator too. Maybe.

Awful luck with the vault though. Only pulled 2*'s icon_e_sad.gif

the vault was never going to do me any good. only needed the 4*, which I didn't pull.

the legendary prog reward gave me another PX purpleflag.png but that's progress at least.
  • simonsez wrote:

That node could just as easily happen in a non-heroic.

But honestly, it's nice to have -some- difficulty out of the game every once in awhile. Aside from Gauntlet, nothing's been a challenge in this game in months. I was wiping Rocket and Groot Clears with the same 3 characters without using a health pack until the last sub, and then was only taking 1-4 packs.

While this is a little quick after gauntlet, having a more difficult fight every once in awhile isn't that bad.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Aside from Gauntlet, nothing's been a challenge in this game in months.
    guess you're not taking on the slew of 4*s in pvp on a regular basis. plenty of challenging events 3x a week. full of jean/hulkbuster/xpool/px/carnage. if you want a challenge - go get em with 166s icon_e_wink.gif
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Aside from Gauntlet, nothing's been a challenge in this game in months.
    guess you're not taking on the slew of 4*s in pvp on a regular basis. plenty of challenging events 3x a week. full of jean/hulkbuster/xpool/px/carnage. if you want a challenge - go get em with 166s icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah, sadly not at the point I can do that. Currently floating my roster at 94 while I build up 3 star covers and earn legendary tokens. PVP isn't really worth a heavy time investment yet. I don't even bump into those teams for the most part yet when I do dabble on the PVP side.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Can someone explain the Venom vault/Deadpool vault? Sorry, been gone for a bit.

Why would there be a vault for anything other than the dailies?
  • The Venom Vault is by all appearances part of what's called an A/B test, where two groups are presented different options, and it's determined which one is more attractive to the groups.

In this case, they are likely checking which option generates more HP purchases, to determine the vault's validity as a store front compared to the standard token percentage store front.

Previously, a test of a similar nature was done during a Juggernaut Heroic run, and then the groups that -did not- get the vault for the heroic got it in the 4Deadpool PVP event instead, so there is a slight chance we'll see the same take place for he upcoming Iceman PVP.

Edit: The deadpool daily vault is permanent, and I believe was done to try to encourage people to actually purchase taco tokens, instead of just hoarding the 2 daily ones that could be earned till a certain day rolled around with certain characters in percentages.
  • TxMoose
    Haetron wrote:
    Edit: The deadpool daily vault is permanent, and I believe was done to try to encourage people to actually purchase taco tokens, instead of just hoarding the 2 daily ones that could be earned till a certain day rolled around with certain characters in percentages.
    it might actually be tempting to buy some if there were less than 300 items in the thing with most 2*s and health packs. I was on vacation during my xpool vault or I may have looked at it closer but I have to believe the 80 item vault is more popular than the standard storefront.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    it might actually be tempting to buy some if there were less than 300 items in the thing with most 2*s and health packs. I was on vacation during my xpool vault or I may have looked at it closer but I have to believe the 80 item vault is more popular than the standard storefront.

I doubt we'll ever get a decreased taco store front, because quite frankly, a large part of the player base would happily just hoard tokens and start leveraging their odds into never purchasing another cover/token again. I am terrible at hoarding, but if they decreased the vault count, I'd likely be more tempted.
  • TxMoose
    Haetron wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

I doubt we'll ever get a decreased taco store front, because quite frankly, a large part of the player base would happily just hoard tokens and start leveraging their odds into never purchasing another cover/token again. I am terrible at hoarding, but if they decreased the vault count, I'd likely be more tempted.
    interesting - I am a hoarder (up to 68 savories - would be more but I've dipped in for health packs twice recently). if there were say 100 and I saved up to my current 68 and got a good vault and pulled but didn't pull any of the high-end goodies (all 4 left - I don't count the iso), I'm pretty sure I'd go get a 10-pk or even a 40-pk to clear the vault. who is buying tacos otherwise anyway?