aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
Forum post.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2015
    As long as the roster for a heroic isn't totally nonsensical, I like them just fine. This one has IM40 and LCap, so I've got no problem putting in the three clears/day to get a legendary token (and maybe Iceman green out of my vault).
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Sure. PvE events are the easiest way to get these tokens so far, and heroics really aren't so bad anymore.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heroic events are one of the real Puzzle part of MPQ, you get a limited roster, sometimes (like this run) with such an odd random assortment of folks, that is really can be tough to find the right people.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I joined 8 hrs after it began. 2 full clears and about 70% of the grinding I normally do, hit 16k in the first day, allowed me to optimally spec my LCap double. Don't need Xforce or Doc Ock, so doing it for the sub HP and Legendary/Event tokens. Having dupes makes Heroic's a lot easier.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    I don't mind Heroic PVE (thanks to my roster I guess). The legendary token is an added bonus to PVE in general but not the only reason I play them and they wouldn't be enough to make me play one I wouldn't want to play anyway.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    My venom vault has an iceman gr that I need. Add the legendary token, and it's a no brainer for me to work in this event. Vault also has a 4* falcon that I need. So that makes 3/80 items that I could use. Was going to skip but the rewards are too good to pass up! icon_lol.gif
  • I guess I'm 'other'...

I don't hate them any more than I resent having to keep a time schedule for any PvE.

I am doing it for the legendary because it's the shortest PvE since Legendarys came out. I have not made a serious attempt at getting a legendary yet, so I'm happy-ish to let them slide, but I took the last 2 PvEs very easy so don't mind too much doing a 3 day one.

Of course, assuming I stick with it and get the Leg token that's probably going to be stockpiled for a week or two until I have spare roster capacity.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    My venom vault has an iceman gr that I need. Add the legendary token, and it's a no brainer for me to work in this event. Vault also has a 4* falcon that I need. So that makes 3/80 items that I could use. Was going to skip but the rewards are too good to pass up! icon_lol.gif
    Are they doing this half vault and half store thing again? I have no Venom Vault... I have the storefront.
  • I'm playing it, mostly for HP, ISO and tokens like I do every PvE event. I could also use the Doc Ock covers (since I have none), but I'm not going to kill myself grinding for a heroic top 10 placement. I'm hoping that 3 clears plus some minimal grinding at the end of the sub will be enough for a top 50.

Hopefully I'll get something nice from the vault too. I need about half of the 3* covers available, especially the IF ones, so pretty good chances of something useful there.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    hell if you went though the hell of iceman PVE you might as well play this for easy HP

im just going for the token and quitting since i need top 10and will never get it
  • I love heroics. I don't get why they're so frowned upon.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'll probably play any 3-day for the token. no matter what it is. was looking forward to taking the next off since I thought it would be a 7-day but sounds like it will be a 4-day sim - probably still taking that one off and spending some pvp sim time getting to 2K.

side note: as I mentioned elsewhere, witch has to be the dumbest reinforcement when every node has loki. just saying....
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I had full mentions of doing the heroic to get the legandary token and then be done. Then I started the heroic and realized why I hate heroics and think I will wait till he Thursday PVE to win that legendary token. I think I will work on the simulator instead since the season is only 17 days
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    At this point in my MPQ journey, I am so damn sick of pve. There's always one or two nodes in every sub that are simply not fun to play and I end up hating the entire event because of it. It's also a lot of work. There isn't a single pve event that I look forward to.

I am glad the legendary token is there for people to grab, but I'm also not glad because I can't get myself to walk away from it. So the answer is yes. Whether it's a heroic or a 7 day event, I'll be playing for the token. Getting some purple and HP along the way is good anyways.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like that Heroics can take me out of a comfort zone and possibly let me try some new combos. Unfortunately, the timing on this one means I probably can't grind a Legendary, though maybe for other instances.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Hated them then, hate them now. I think that's how I feel about PVE in general, but especially Heroics. They eat your health packs at an especially accelerated rate and the point totals for nodes make me feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I used to play for at least the token pull, but don't even bother with that anymore.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    rawfsu wrote:
    the point totals for nodes make me feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I used to play for at least the token pull, but don't even bother with that anymore.

I noticed something today.. the point totals are unusullly high for a heroic.. with 1 clear last night, 1 this morning, and a partial .. i am over 10k already..
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    rawfsu wrote:
    the point totals for nodes make me feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I used to play for at least the token pull, but don't even bother with that anymore.

I noticed something today.. the point totals are unusullly high for a heroic.. with 1 clear last night, 1 this morning, and a partial .. i am over 10k already..
    agreed. with the current points, 9 clears get you there easily. with the usual point increases, I bet 8 clears makes it.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't hate them as much as I used to, but I have an extremely diverse roster of 3*s, pretty much all of them 127 or above - that was my "holding" level before they reduced the Iso cost, and so it still is. I do find it interesting to find the new character synchronicities, and they're in general only a little worse than normal PVEs since I typically just use the boosted characters anyway.

So, yeah, I'll grind for a Legendary Token.
  • as irritated as i remain about the 4* ddq node, i do have to give the devs credit for the extra progression awards in pve including setting the leg token at a very reasonable level. you would always hit the previous top progression so early and be playing just for node awards and alliance points the rest of the way. their really isnt alot of obnoxious grinding necessary to hit the token. the obnoxious grinding is the 4* release events.

the only thing i would like to see is strictly 3/4 day events. doing a 7 day for the same token you get in either 3 or 4 is a bit silly. perhaps seven day events should award two leg tokens as top progression??