Forum Thread

Comments

• thanos8587 wrote:
    perhaps seven day events should award two leg tokens as top progression??

This, this, a million times this.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanos8587 wrote:
    as irritated as i remain about the 4* ddq node, i do have to give the devs credit for the extra progression awards in pve including setting the leg token at a very reasonable level. you would always hit the previous top progression so early and be playing just for node awards and alliance points the rest of the way. their really isnt alot of obnoxious grinding necessary to hit the token. the obnoxious grinding is the 4* release events.

the only thing i would like to see is strictly 3/4 day events. doing a 7 day for the same token you get in either 3 or 4 is a bit silly. perhaps seven day events should award two leg tokens as top progression??
    if 7-day events continue with one legendary, i'll be skipping them all I think.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    i'm trying for it because i ended up taking the last one off BUT i don't have iceman (essential 4*).

And i'm trying not to use health packs because i have 16 that i'm saving for my PVP climb.

And i picked an inconvenient time slice (slice 1). I usually do slice 4, but I figured I would do slice 1 here and then slice 4 on the next pve, so there is a little break in between. Of course, it makes this one pretty inconvenient!

Got 11,000 after first sub, so far on track. But hoping this isn't the one with Carnage plus two goons that make super strike tiles. Think it may be in sub 3.
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Option 6 is probably the closest, but my real answer is "Yes, while hanging my head in shame"
  • No, I wouldn't.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like the Heroics. I'm definitely not playing this one, because I just got done with the new character PvE. I might play future ones, if I have nothing else to do.

So my true answer is some combination of 5, 6, 8 and 9.
  • Haetron wrote:
    thanos8587 wrote:
    perhaps seven day events should award two leg tokens as top progression??

This, this, a million times this.

A million tokens? Yes please.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other "No, it's a PVE and I don't play those because life."
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Heroics are tough. Bad synergy between characters they leave you with hurts. I used 10 health packs on my first clear.

Compared to a regular where I can often grind to 1 using that many.

So now I'm sitting waiting to play pvp and there is still a one time node to do. Iceman event I came in 3rd it was a lot easier than this.
  • No.

Seriously though, the grind, the precise, unforgiving time constraints, the possibility of ending up without the necessary HP or slot? Yeah, no thanks.

DBC
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted 'Other'. So far I haven't even been close to hitting the scores necessary for Legendaries. I just can't complete full clears on schedule, not with a 5-month-old in my house.

I am still playing the event, because I want the Steve blue cover progression. It'll make him a wonderfully playable 1/5/5.

I don't find this Heroic too awful thus far, since in the first sub I'm rolling Witch, Steve, and Cage, all boosted to >180, with Steve >220. So I cleared everything but the final node, because stupid overleveled Dark Avengers (even then I think I just fell victim to an awful board that never gave me enough red for Steve).
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I'm playing this one, but in general I hate heroic events with the power of a thousand exploding suns. The allowed roster on this one is actually pretty great tho, with M40 to feed Steve, IW to and Cap to handle countdown tiles and Cage for defense, it hasn't been all that bad. I'm only doing it for the token tho, and I'm not gonna lie, I've opened 5 of these things now and am 1 for 5 on usable covers, so the appeal is wearing off very quickly for them. One more whiff and I think I'm over the slot pull of the Leg token, which means my play will likely scale back considerably...not gonna waste HP in PvP shielding for a ?, and not gonna grind unenjoyable story events for a ? either...
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    My roster is pretty deep with 3*, so I'm not finding this one all that tough. I don't care for the Doc Oc rewards, so I'm really just playing for the Legendary token. For me, the Legendary token is almost certainly going to be useful - my 3*s are well-covered and well-leveled, but since I haven't been pushing past 800pts in pvp until recently, my 4*s are woefully under-covered. The only 4* I can't use is IW, so I'm pushing for the Legendary in every PVE I can manage. icon_e_smile.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    nwman wrote:
    Heroics are tough. Bad synergy between characters they leave you with hurts. I used 10 health packs on my first clear.

Seriously???? I used one heal for a full clear. icon_e_surprised.gif
  • I only got 7K on the first sub with a few hours left, but I'm going just because I wanted to see if I could get a Legendary with only 2/3 essentials.

I'm not doing so great, but plenty of time left!

I don't treat Heroics any different then any other event, personally. I am a little scared at how much butt I'm kicking when I can actually play, though.
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    I started off playing the heroic with the intent of getting the token_legendary.png , but now that I happen to be in a bracket where top 2 is possible for me, I'm going all out on it since I need that 5th blackflag.pngicon_wolverine.png

The roster limiting aspect of heroics is what I DO like about them - makes it a challenge at least.
  • My alliance requirement update is legendary token progression level for every PvE. They want everyone to be progressing. For new character awards, lowest score(s) will be dropped for mercs to stay in top 100. These are good rules to not be caught in a slacker alliance. I was in a few slacker or part-time alliances in the past and it was not fun being the top alliance scorer and seeing co-founders barely participating in 20th place.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I don't mind heroics that much. It's annoying when the available characters have poor synergy like it is this time around (Black Widow and Iceman are the only purple users available to me), but I find that it's easier to place well because most people skip it/do the minimum.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish Instead of picking a handful they'd pick half of each tier, or at least a quarters, or have a 1/1/1 loaner available for each node.

I can choose between these 7 people

1/1/1 mr fantastic, aka damage sponge
    maxed OBW who could use another black for a respec
    1/1/0 SW
    0/0/3 carnage (thats green, if it doesn't hit a special tile it's less damage then SW 1 cover purple)
    0/2/1 invisible woman, not even a damage sponge because she isn't boosted enough, her damage is a joke, and she can't make partners invisible with no yellow.
    0/1/0 torch I just grabbed him as a reward and sold someone for his essential
    0/1/2 cage
    Got a single purple iceman in the queue who's taking torches position when this pve is over but its overall :/, he won't make a difference by swapping a few tiles blue.

Synergy isn't even the first issue, they just kinda are in my roster because of how character development works in this game.
    Heroics would be a better idea if they forced you to use loaners or something. I'm trying here but each match moves at a glacial pace, if building a roster is the largest part of this game its so weird to have a game pve that benefits larger rostered people, but even they don't like it.
    Placement is easy but is octopus even worth placing for?

edit- yeah this is about legendary's, so i guess thats their way of trying to bring you guys back.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm playing for just the token. 3 full clears at full points per sub is more than enough for final prog in every pve, and that's not that much. The only thing about any pve that I hate is that final grind, so as long as that doesn't need to happen, I'm cool with it (and will also quit playing once I have the token).