Forum Thread

Comments

• W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    I told myself I'd sit this one out, then last night I got tipped off that s4, my usual go to slice for PVE, had just filled. Of course, I bit. I cleared all of sub 1 (thank you alliance reward Ice Man) and did a quick clear of essentials only in sub 2 before calling it a night. I just finished my morning clear of sub 2, and am sitting in 36th overall with just under 12k points. I just cant stay away. I love legendary tokens, I've gotten more 4*s in the last week or so than I have ever before in such a short period of time, thanks largely in part to the legendaries. The % of 4* draws bump in 2*+ tokens has been fairly kind to me as well. They have introduced the MPQ equivalent of cocaine with these legendary tokens and they have gotten me hooked. So here I am, on pace for at least a top 50 in an event I wanted to sit out because I hate heriocs. Otto can use some love in the cover department for me as well, so I'll end up mercing this one too. Well done, they got me to go along with something I don't like, and the developers get a tip of the proverbial hat from me.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also occurred to me I should have asked how many are playing to get the token and then stopping... but I guess that should be a separate question. And I would bet that, love or hate the event, stopping at the token would steamroll the other option, playing on for placement. But there will be some, as was alluded to above, who got in for the token, only to discover placement was possible, and wind up going the distance. A few at least.
    depends on how hard t50 will be on the last sub. if its in reach within a clear or so after the token progression, you bet i'll make a clear for 50 hp. if not, i'll stop. nothing to do with event placing, but sub t50 hp is much more important.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    I'm only playing because of the Legendary token. Otherwise, I'd just join the end of the subs and try for a tokens.
  • I haven't played a heroic in a long time. Basically, I stopped playing any pves that don't reward a new character, but with the leg token, I'm now doing 3 clears per sub, which is enough for the token. That takes an hour and a half per day, which I find quite manageable.

With that said, I don't mind this Heroic at all.

(Old man mode on)
    You young folks have no idea how nice Heroics are nowadays. Back in my days, Heroics didn't have subs. You'd have a choice of three 3*s (one of them always being Mohawk Storm or Daredevil, somehow icon_lol.gif ), three 2*s and two 1*s. No reinforcements, no weekly buffs, nothing. You had to play close to 20 nodes every 2h24, and they all featured the same 4 or 5 Dark Avengers, Hammer and Maggia goons. This one has us fighting, among others, Loki, Cyclops, Mystique, MNMags; all uncommon opponents which brings some nice variety.
    (Old man mode off)

I really don't find the modern version of heroics any worse than other pve events, with the minor exception of there being a bunch of one-time nodes on the main board.
  • If I spend all this time on the Heroic, and I get an IW from my token....
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I tried... but man I hate the character choices this time.

I am going to buy vault packs on the cheap once a day though.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not a fan of heroics but since it's only 3 days and I had, conveniently, the three days of the event off work, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I only have 2/3 essentials, same as the last event, but I'm just shy of where I 'should' be to earn the Legendary token with one clear+grind left today.

I should be in good shape to get the Legendary token as long as sub3 isn't entirely composed of one-offs.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    I'm not a fan of heroics but since it's only 3 days and I had, conveniently, the three days of the event off work, I figured I'd give it a shot.

I only have 2/3 essentials, same as the last event, but I'm just shy of where I 'should' be to earn the Legendary token with one clear+grind left today.

I should be in good shape to get the Legendary token as long as sub3 isn't entirely composed of one-offs.
    I hear carnage is everywhere in last sub. not looking forward to it. I think I might try and grind extra tonight to minimize my carnage health pack suck tomorrow.
  • DFiPL
    TxMoose wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

I hear carnage is everywhere in last sub. not looking forward to it. I think I might try and grind extra tonight to minimize my carnage health pack suck tomorrow.

okay who let loki out of his cage

and, yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'm at 19,382 overall currently, and 7k'ish for the sub. I should be able to get another 3k or so on my final clear, which would put me at 22, and then anything I get from the grind will chip away at the final 10k I need tomorrow.

dear Deadpool: if you want to give me 10 health packs from tacos tomorrow, I'll understand.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    First sub was brutal and almost quit. Got a token for my vault and pulled iceman green.

So that cheered me up and sub 2 is much easier imo. So I'm over half way there and think I will get to legendary. However without that vault pull I would be not near as happy.

Plus iceman is slightly usable at 2/1/2
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    of the 3 rpg grinded

hulk 7 day event kingpin black No
    Meet 4 day event Thing yellow i guess
    Vem 3 day event thor blue nope
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    I reached the 24k progression reward, getting the venom token. And it turned out to be. . . Iceman green! It's the very last color I needed, since I missed out by getting 11th in my bracket. It's a lucky day for me today. icon_lol.gif

add: I'm only a few thousand points away from getting the legendary token. I should be close to it if not get it outright by the time the sub ends tonight. icon_cool.gif
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    to all my haterz out there, I JUST GOT THE LEGENDARY TOOKEN!!!!!!111!!!!!!!
  • Simulator is up. Could run the same poll about Simulator! I dislike Heroic, but will play the heck out of simulator. For the tokens at least, don't need any of the covers offered.
    I used to hate the old Sim PvEs way more than the Heroics, at least everyone else struggles with heroics - sims had lowish points (unless you could consistently clear every node in both easy and the hard sub - good luck!) and hard nodes so it was always really hard to get the final progression.

That said, I'll probably still play this one! icon_razz.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    sim must be harder to get pts 27k compair to herico 33k.. then again no goon nodes really going to kill this for me.. at least its only 3 days.. then again hate events that start on a sunday
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Really hard to choose between option 6 (compelled to play it for legendary) & option 8 (burn-out!)

Went for 6 in the end as I'm @ 24k
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played, I got my Token, I walked away.

Sub 3? No thank you
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I did play it, but only for the token and only because of the boosted characters. If it hadn't been Steve, Luke and OBW I probably would have skipped it. My final score was 32,006 and I pulled a 4* Falcon America yellow, 4th cover. 2/1/1
  • DFiPL
    fmftint wrote:
    I played, I got my Token, I walked away.

Sub 3? No thank you

If only I'd had all three essentials. Alas.
  • I did have to do one clearing in day 3 and it cost me lot of Hpacks. But I got my legendary so bye bye Heroics!