Am I the Only One Tired of the Complaining?

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heartburn wrote:
    for some of us it was a last life line before quitting, just mad they threw the line to someone else as it seems like a way to transition from 4-5 instead of 3-4.

The token itself *IS* the transition from 4->5*. It's literally (aside from whaling 40 packs) the only way to do so. So yes, its introduction to DDQ is to create an additional bridge for that transition. The side effect is another cover available to those going 3->4.

But that's sort of my point. At most it represents one cover every 5 days. It's not a (direct) means to 4* transition, nor is missing it because you're underleveled a death knell to said transition.

Right now there are 4-5 easily obtainable covers (1000, PvE) per week, plus 3 additional (1300) for those able to reach that plateau. Odds on regular tokens I'm assuming will go up to ~5% (last upgrade went from 2.3 to 3.45, another 50% increase is 5.175). That means 9 tokens a week will equate to another cover every 2 weeks. Plus PvE tokens. Plus the 2000 in Sim (which is super easy) and the new 10k (a gimme to anyone seriously thinking about the 4* transition). Plus Anniversary week is coming, and you know the odds will be more generous. And there are at least passing remarks about a 4* PvP (or PvP with top 100 4* rewards as it were ).

And that's already a pretty massive difference than even 3 months ago (before the 1300 was introduced). Again, you can argue whether even this is enough, but given the need to ensure people don't bypass the 2 or 3* progression (without whaling), I think they've done more than ok balancing out accessibility across all tiers.
  • I like this game a lot, I like the additions made to it, I like the structure of it.

What I don't like is playing for nearly two years, scraping together a few three stars and most of one four star, being excited to try and earn a legendary, and getting murdered. XF is my only legitimate 4 star, all of my others are 4 covers or less. I know Cyclops is one of the best three stars but it just sets a precedent and makes you feel like your hard work and all the time you've spent isn't worth anything, and the only way to truly advance is to buy your way up.

I mean, I was expecting it to be difficult, and pretty much impossible for my one or two covered guys, but my one semi-legitimate threat gets one shot? It's just demoralizing.

I'm not going to quit over it or anything, but it's still disappointing.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    So, I understand that the 4* DDQ is hard, I get that the Devs could have been more clear about how difficult it would be upfront. But come on people, this is EXTRA content that the game did not have before. Two week ago, do you remember how you could move forward in the 4* transition?

It was:
    -Top 2 in PVE
    -1000 prize in pvp
    -1300 prize in pvp
    -First overall in pvp
    -2000 in Sim
    -Top 100 alliance season reward
    -Getting a very lucky token pull.

Now they have ADDED:
    -PVE legendary progression (and I halfheartedly grinded to get it and got it more than a day early)
    - 4* DDQ every five days (Yes, it's actually a challenge. God forbid that there be an actual challenge in the game and not another freebie.)
    -10,000 season progression reward for a legendary token.

Why does everyone want things handed to them? Why not enjoy that the game is actually hard and worth some time put into it? I would be bored pretty quickly if everyone and their mother had maxed 4*s after spending a days playing.

TL;DR: Enjoy the fact that this game isn't one that burns out quickly, you can enjoy it for a long time. And once you get those 4*s, take enjoyment in the fact that you know you EARNED them.

dont know what you mean by game isnt one that burns out quickly your dead wrong with that..

those who have all of the 3 stars max covered (may not be 166 level) and can not get up to the 1300 pts in PVP. The only way you can get the cover is double the progression rewards in PVE, Now how long is it going to be before these people say 7 day grind to get 1 4 star cover is not worth it.

i need very little 3 star covers and only way im getting the 4 stars is double progression what is not worth it.. i did it for hulk took 5 days got Black kingpin BIG WOOP.

would i grind 5 days if i knew it was for black kingpin hell no.

the ranking is now going to get so wide that unless more ways to play are added this game will never see year 3 annivery party..

how they can make it better

1... no more 7 day events just 4 and 3 days What would give people 2 4 star a week min

2.. make PVE progression season wise say top 100 teams in season PVE get token

3.. maybe in the off season DO a Ultron type event where it hands out a token in the 5th round (would be a 3 day thing)

1 round Normal token
    round 2 normal token
    round 3 normal
    round 4 normal
    round 5 leg token
    round 6 3 star
    round 7 3 star cover
    round 8 3 star cover

what all teams should get given out 1 4 star to everyone once a season would not kill the game.
  • Don't forget the premium awards given out to only a select few just to stay away from the forums.
  • slidecage wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    So, I understand that the 4* DDQ is hard, I get that the Devs could have been more clear about how difficult it would be upfront. But come on people, this is EXTRA content that the game did not have before. Two week ago, do you remember how you could move forward in the 4* transition?

It was:
    -Top 2 in PVE
    -1000 prize in pvp
    -1300 prize in pvp
    -First overall in pvp
    -2000 in Sim

Now they have ADDED:
    -PVE legendary progression (and I halfheartedly grinded to get it and got it more than a day early)
    - 4* DDQ every five days (Yes, it's actually a challenge. God forbid that there be an actual challenge in the game and not another freebie.)

Why does everyone want things handed to them? Why not enjoy that the game is actually hard and worth some time put into it? I would be bored pretty quickly if everyone and their mother had maxed 4*s after spending a days playing.

TL;DR: Enjoy the fact that this game isn't one that burns out quickly, you can enjoy it for a long time. And once you get those 4*s, take enjoyment in the fact that you know you EARNED them.

dont know what you mean by game isnt one that burns out quickly your dead wrong with that..

those who have all of the 3 stars max covered (may not be 166 level) and can not get up to the 1300 pts in PVP. The only way you can get the cover is double the progression rewards in PVE, Now how long is it going to be before these people say 7 day grind to get 1 4 star cover is not worth it.

i need very little 3 star covers and only way im getting the 4 stars is double progression what is not worth it.. i did it for hulk took 5 days got Black kingpin BIG WOOP.

the ranking is now going to get so wide that unless more ways to play are added this game will never see year 3 annivery party..

1... no more 7 day events just 4 and 3 days What would give people 2 4 star a week min

3.. maybe in the off season DO a Ultron type event where it hands out a token in the 5th round (would be a 3 day thing)

1 round Normal token
    round 2 normal token
    round 3 normal
    round 4 normal
    round 5 leg token
    round 6 3 star
    round 7 3 star cover
    round 8 3 star cover

what all teams should get given out 1 4 star to everyone once a season would not kill the game.

#4 just give a full set of 4* covers to each and every person that logs in
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    cletus1985 wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    They also took away the 4*s from the standard tokens. The odds were slim, but seeing as how one easily gets 100 standard tokens a week (or thereabouts), it added up statistically to a couple of 4* covers a month.

That's not true either, they just don't say chance of 4* anymore because the odds are so slim. IceIX confirmed they're still in there at the same rate. That rate of course is almost non-existent, I've pulled one 4* from a standard in the year I've been playing.

edit: two people beat me to it while I was typing.

Baffles me, tbh. What's wrong with "1* or higher" as a definition? It's true. It's not like saying "1*, 2* or 3*" manages expectations more so than "1* or higher".
    You could make the same argument that people would expect 3*s despite a low percentage. Heck, I count myself lucky if I find a 2* in there most days =S
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    cletus1985 wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    They also took away the 4*s from the standard tokens. The odds were slim, but seeing as how one easily gets 100 standard tokens a week (or thereabouts), it added up statistically to a couple of 4* covers a month.

That's not true either, they just don't say chance of 4* anymore because the odds are so slim. IceIX confirmed they're still in there at the same rate. That rate of course is almost non-existent, I've pulled one 4* from a standard in the year I've been playing.

Baffles me, tbh. What's wrong with "1* or higher" as a definition? It's true. It's not like saying "1*, 2* or 3*" manages expectations more so than "1* or higher".
    You could make the same argument that people would expect 3*s despite a low percentage. Heck, I count myself lucky if I find a 2* in there most days =S

1* or higher will mean people complaining they didn't pull a SS even though they bought 1000 standsrd tokens !!!1
  • slidecage
    Splarne wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Tarheelmax wrote:

It was:
    -Top 2 in PVE
    -1000 prize in pvp
    -1300 prize in pvp
    -First overall in pvp
    -2000 in Sim

Now they have ADDED:

1 round Normal token
    round 2 normal token
    round 3 normal
    round 4 normal
    round 5 leg token
    round 6 3 star
    round 7 3 star cover
    round 8 3 star cover

#4 just give a full set of 4* covers to each and every person that logs in

wait and see but this is what really hut the game and maybe even kiill this game

right now player has a Good 3 star team but cant get to 1300 to get the token.. they are facing nothing but a wall of 3 star max teams. In 2 to 3 months they will be facing nothing but a wall of 4 star teams or even 5 star meaning Good by high ranks in pvp good bye anything and they will leave the game. simple as that.

what i really feel sorry for is the 2 star trying to merger into 3 stars,, with the double progression in PVE that just tons more players into the PVE meaning its going to be harder for them to even get 3 stars

i know they are adding more stuff cause people with max out 3 saying they have nothing to play for. BUT who is putting more REAL Cash into this game these people who have max out 3 star/4 star or newbies coming into the game..

for the short term its going to be the vets buying shields BUT what happens in 3 to 4 months when the vets who spend money have their 4 star max

So now you have these god like players who have 4 star teams max just crushing 3 stars and under... You will see tons of newbies leave the game cause they will say
    there is no way they can play any longer.... Like said befoer the only way to fix this is two pvp

1 anyone
    2.. 3 stars and under
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    slidecage wrote:
    wait and see but this is what really hut the game and maybe even kiill this game

What's smart about this is that if you say it about every single change, it stands to reason you might be right eventually.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    1* or higher will mean people complaining they didn't pull a SS even though they bought 1000 standsrd tokens !!!1
    Pretty much this. You'd be shocked at the number of people that write in to support complaining about their inability to somehow beat odds a Vegas bookie wouldn't take. Those amazingly vanishing odds are there for a reason, they're a woohoo bonus, not an expectation.
  • Couple of 4*'s from STANDARD tokens in a month? **** are you talking about. I know ONE person who got a 4* from standard. I've been playing for a year and have NEVER done it.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    cletus1985 wrote:
    DaveR4470 wrote:

Eh...suppose it makes more sense now we have 5*s.
    For some reason that hadn't occured to me. Good point.
  • slidecage
    slidecage wrote:

What's smart about this is that if you say it about every single change, it stands to reason you might be right eventually.

sooner or latter my toast will pop icon_e_smile.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're not hitting 1000 in PvP, you're not in or ready for the 4* transition, so DDQ was never going to be a solution.

So people who have no interest in PVP aren't ready to start collecting 4*s?

Cool.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you're not hitting 1000 in PvP, you're not in or ready for the 4* transition, so DDQ was never going to be a solution.

Cool.

Then buy some tokens or packs. Grind progression in pve. Or send a ticket to support saying you should get free 4* covers since you don't play PvP. Though if you gave PvP a real effort I'd think you'd like it. Other than DDQ it takes the least amount of time to get the best rewards.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then buy some tokens or packs. Grind progression in pve. Or send a ticket to support saying you should get free 4* covers since you don't play PvP. Though if you gave PvP a real effort I'd think you'd like it. Other than DDQ it takes the least amount of time to get the best rewards.

I never said I didn't play PVP.
  • GrumpySmurf1002

Cool.

You can collect covers sure. Your transition will take an eternity, and one DDQ node doesn't change that either.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

I never said I didn't play PVP.
    Hmm, OK my fault. Sorry my reading comprehension is off. Plese then elaborate. I'm quite certain many other than me would interpret the following statement as not playing PvP.
    Please no spin, just finished watching the Republican debate so had my fill of spin and ****.

Cool.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards

Cool.

You have the literal worse logic I've seen in a long time on the internet.

but to your credit you aren't alone in this thread,II'm just sick of this strawman at this point.

On what planet does " I DONT ENJOY THIS GAMES PLAYER VS PLAYER" translate to "GIVE ME"

Like what sort of languages do you speak?
    What sort of logic problems do you deal with on a day to day basis?
    What sort of problem solving skills do you have if any?
    Do you jump in front of the train if the bus is late?

__

as a cover all, you guys can't argue these two things together

DDQ 4 star is for 5 star transitioners

if you can't beat that, get 10,000 in pvp in a season, or get double progression in pve.

Do you not see the flaw in logic of 'hey its not for you' to 'hey earn it another way'

And don't pretend people opening a pack with a 95% chance at 4 stars are looking solely for silver surfer.

If everything is fine with the game to you guys, let people complain and enjoy the game.

The issue is less I can't beat it, and more hey people have been asking for an ease on the 4 star transition for months, and you ignore them to implement a 5 star transition for 1 character?

It would have been just as easy to make legendaries, 95% 1-4 star, and 5% SS.
    It's very clear why people have issue with it, if you don't fine. but why ruin your day and ruin your enjoyment over other people who all agree with eachother
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    scottee wrote:
    He specifically said many. Beating a handful of them isn't man when there are currently 16 (not including dino) 4*s. 4 or 5 isn't many when we have two new 4*s a month on top of the current amount.

Regardless of what his intentions are, the blame shouldn't be on the community for the lack of clarification. When you are designing a system, if your base is having a lot of trouble understanding it, it's ultimately the creator's fault. You can't expect people to read between his lines and then complain when they didn't read between them properly when it's vague.

He said it was "ouch" hard. He said it was very difficult. People asked if they could do it with low level characters, and he said it'd hard but he's beaten many of them with his live roster.

We've seen one node. Lots of people with 4-6 covers on XFW have beaten 100% of the nodes. I don't see how any of this requires reading between the lines.

If it takes 20 tries to beat the node once, that's still faaaar easier than any other way to earn a 4* in the game.

Ice didn't sit down to write instructions on the new mode. He answered community questions, and he answered them truthfully. It was intended as response to the stated questions. Is that the best way to communicate? Maybe not. But it's what happened. It seems like most in the community can't do anything in this game unless someone writes a guide for them.

Depending on roster strenght and other resources available, a player should either be able to clear the node or not in max five attempts. Anything beyond five tries is just a sign of poor gameplay design. It means that the single most important factor for success was luck -good board, cascades- and not roster strenght.

The node is difficult not because you face a boosted version of one of the best characters in the game, it's difficult because success depends mostly of luck and the odds are tailored against you. Playing with a fully covered and leveled character guarantees nothing, it improves your odds because your character will survive longer but you are still at the mercy of starting board and cascades.

You can't choose your character, you can't bring team-ups, you can't design a team. No other mode or event in this game is so deprived of strategy and so dependent of luck as this particular node.