• TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    IT JUST HIT ME.

"When a man becomes that which he hates"

SUPERIOR 4 STAR SPIDER-MAN INCOMING!!!!

Ok, here we go.

Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster, please make this come true.. i will honor you with plates of meatballs.

Isn't that more of a temporary swap? Also, they both hate others more than each other.

I do think superior spiderman or iron spiderman would be welcome additions. Spidey needs more pew pew.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    IT JUST HIT ME.

Ok, here we go.

Dear Flying Spaghetti Monster, please make this come true.. i will honor you with plates of meatballs.

Isn't that more of a temporary swap? Also, they both hate others more than each other.

I do think superior spiderman or iron spiderman would be welcome additions. Spidey needs more pew pew.

I honestly think it may be a hint for Dark Phoenix Cyclops.. Basing that solely on the fact that i think he is the upcoming 5* from reading the powers listed.. probably wrong on both, but hopeful.
  • Haetron wrote:
    IT JUST HIT ME.

This would be amazing, but it would require that you can't use any Peter Parker or Otto Octavius alongside him.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    IT JUST HIT ME.

This would be amazing, but it would require that you can't use any Peter Parker or Otto Octavius alongside him.

They would do a FalCap type thing, and pick 1.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Der_Lex wrote:
    As always, I'm mostly pondering the new hint.

"A man becomes that which he hates"

(Red) Hulk? Venom?

I would LOVE if this were Red Hulk, Eddie Brock, or Johnny Blaze -- we're due for another 4*, so I would assume there'll be a new one to get during Anniversary Week? (along with the second 5* added to the LToken pool)

Re: Superior Spider-Man -- I'd personally rather they fix existing 3* Spidey before adding yet another one though. icon_cry.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Haetron wrote:
    They should honestly just patch away the gold indicator altogether and treat Storm, Cap, Daken, and Thor as regular 3 stars.

This. I've heard multiple times from IRL friends/alliance-mates (who started playing later than me)... "Why are _______'s stars glowing?" It's a totally needless and confusing aesthetic frill at this point.
  • fix deadpools daily so we can use team ups

Was this ever officially commented on as to why they disabled Team Ups for the Weekly DDQ node?

Just curious why it would be considered wrong just to Super Whales it if you're so inclined to do so (assuming this is why it's disabled versus just being able to bring in a stun or AP steal TU)? Still requires a DP Whales TU and the required banked points, just seems odd since this seems like the perfect opportunity to burn Deadpool points on a weekly basis if you're 4*'s aren't quite up to the challenge (as I'm now over 450K for DP points).
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Barring further comment, I think the 'why' can be inferred icon_e_wink.gif
    my question is why then do we have whale pts in the game other than the very hardest gauntlet nodes? what does anyone use them for other that that or to post beating ss on youtube? in my mind this was going to be an effective, efficient use of something that they put in the game to begin with, not me. after many, many tries with my 1/2/1 fury, I would have pursued that route. I find it interesting that last minute they turned TUs off for us, but could not for the opponent. turning ours off did not affect the rest of ddq. however, I'm no programmer and admittedly have no knowledge of how that is designed, just kinda frustrating knowing that most of my best shots at winning that node have already happened. will probably be a long dry spell moving forward.
  • TxMoose wrote:
    my question is why then do we have whale pts in the game other than the very hardest gauntlet nodes? what does anyone use them for other that that or to post beating ss on youtube? in my mind this was going to be an effective, efficient use of something that they put in the game to begin with, not me. after many, many tries with my 1/2/1 fury, I would have pursued that route. I find it interesting that last minute they turned TUs off for us, but could not for the opponent. turning ours off did not affect the rest of ddq. however, I'm no programmer and admittedly have no knowledge of how that is designed, just kinda frustrating knowing that most of my best shots at winning that node have already happened. will probably be a long dry spell moving forward.

The explanation given was turning off enemy TUs would have turned off enemy TUs for the entire DDQ "sub" and then they eventually corrected the issue and turned back on enemy TUs for everything but the 4 star node, players would be like "ZOMG WHY DOES TBE SUDDENLY HAVE DOUBLE DOUBLE CROSS TU!?!" or such. Which would likely happen, as people recognize "Nerfs" far quicker than they do "Buffs" in any game.

This is going off memory, mind you.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    my question is why then do we have whale pts in the game other than the very hardest gauntlet nodes?
    Not everyone exclusively saves them for the Gauntlet. I will sometimes use them if a PVP battle is going poorly and it's worth enough points to put me over the 1000 or 1300 score mark. I tend to start really hoarding them only when I know Gauntlet is due to roll around in a couple weeks.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree aes. still kinda bummed. they'll get to see just how few can finish the node with xpool. can't imagine many have a functional xp. his into pve hit on my vacation and mine is only 2/-/-. one from his pvp and I think maybe he's been 1K once since? or maybe it was a token? my only shot is if its falcon or loki. anyway.

I haven't spent the time/effort to finish a gauntlet yet, but will likely go for it next run, so I have a huuuuge pile of pts saved - over 1/2 mil. never thought to use them on a pvp hop - might try that at some pt though with a futile matchup, but need deadpool with witch or a teamup (have plenty of those actually) with 14 TU ap, which sounds hard to get.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Scoregasms wrote:
    fix deadpools daily so we can use team ups

Was this ever officially commented on as to why they disabled Team Ups for the Weekly DDQ node?

Just curious why it would be considered wrong just to Super Whales it if you're so inclined to do so (assuming this is why it's disabled versus just being able to bring in a stun or AP steal TU)? Still requires a DP Whales TU and the required banked points, just seems odd since this seems like the perfect opportunity to burn Deadpool points on a weekly basis if you're 4*'s aren't quite up to the challenge (as I'm now over 450K for DP points).

IceIX commented on it previously, saying that it was a last minute design decision that a number of team ups (including, but not limited to Whales, Whales, Whales!) were unbalancing to the node design. If I can find the post, I'll edit it in here.

Presumably, they decided against allowing Superwhales, since the node is balanced to be achievable for late transitioning 4* players and 5* transition players, not 3* players or early transitioning 4* players.

Found them, here 'tis:

Why no Team Ups?
    IceIX wrote:
    Since you're responding to threads, is no TU access a bug or a feature?
    Both, but leaning towards a feature. It's more of a very last minute design change that wasn't communicated properly. *However*, there's also the fact that the enemy gets a Team-Up, which can't easily be changed due to current technical limitations. We're *well* aware that it's frustrating as heck, and we're trying to figure out an easy remedy that wouldn't require a client patch. Even some of our people in-office have been phone-throwing-close because of a sudden Mjolnir's Might out of left field.
    IceIX wrote:
    Are the T/U's removed because of Deadpool "Whales"? Would it be easier to lock Deadpool T/Us?

Although "Whales" is an instant win, you still need to collect all the AP to unleash it, with Cyclops grabbing it all, it still is a challenge nonetheless. Plus keep in mind that it takes quite a bit of time to fill up on Deadpool points to unleash the Whales.

Also, if the enemy T/U was not planned, then how does the CPU have the perfect T/U in Thor "Mjolnir's Might" to make Yellow for Cyclops? Does the game automatically decide what the best T/U is against us? Curious on this one as I feel like the AI normally has a great T/U to be used against us in certain situations.
    Whales is one thing, but it's also because if you have TUs available, you have *3* TUs available. Depending on the TUs you bring into battle, that can be extremely devastating. And given that you have another 5 days from then to stock back up, it ends up very unbalancing for what should be a 1v1 faceoff.

Why not limit to one Team up, then?
    IceIX wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    So why not limit the player to one team up? And why still allow the player to use boosts? The more I think about this the more limiting and random it seems instead of an actual challenge. Thinking about how this might play out when they fix the implementation and remove the AI's team up... assuming a basic level of competence in matching gems, it's really going to come down to how the tiles fall. I don't know, like I said, I'll have to see how it plays out.
    We would need to make a client change to do that. Currently, if Team-Ups are enabled, you can carry 3. If the opponent has Team-Ups enabled, it is chosen randomly from a listing within that chapter. Without making client changes, our choices are to either disable Team-Ups throughout the chapter or enable Team-Ups for the player in the 4* node. We don't want to do either for similar reasons, in that a client change will not come within the next couple weeks (next version is already in at 1st parties, version after is pretty well in the can). What this means is that this would become the new status quo and changing it *again* will be a nerf to how players perceive the Daily Quest.

Disable all TUs - Non-forum checking players will notice the lack in the 4* node, probably not the rest of them. When turned back on for the rest of the nodes, players will notice that things got more difficult due to the Team-Up appearance. Cue gnashing of teeth as we ninja buffed DDQ nodes.

Enable player TUs - Players will get used to being able to use Team-Ups for the node, then have them ripped away again when the client update allows us to change things as we would prefer. Cue player rage as an "impossible" node was made doable and now Everything Is Ruined Forever due to lack of TUs again.

Yes, we can always make an MotD for the change. But you'd probably (not) be shocked at how many people tap past those things time after time without reading.

Intention of the 4*DDQ node?
    IceIX wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    If I can quibble with a few points from your post, swapping in legendary tokens for previously fixed 4* rewards doesn't seem to increase the rate of 4* transition at all (arguably, it decreases the rate since 5% of people now get a surfer, though I doubt they are complaining! icon_e_smile.gif ).

And on the topic of the 4* DDQ node, as I have said elsewhere, I think the current implementation is fine as a method for established 4* players to get legendary tokens. It's just not going to help 3* and early 4* players, which is what people were expecting. So hopefully you will address that problem with the upcoming gameplay feature.

Again, thanks for the feedback! I really think it makes the whole MPQ experience better for everyone when the players and the devs can engage directly (and when we don't flame you. . .).
    For both of those, it really depends on where in the transition you are and how the RNG gods favor you. For players that are just starting out, the token or a set cover makes no difference. Anything's an upgrade. As you get closer to covering a character, that token starts to gain value though since it means you have a chance to cover a different character instead of that cover being set to the 6th Wolverine Yellow you don't need. For players that are nearly fully covered, it's largely a wash, since you were either waiting in hopes that the last Jean Grey Purple would finally be a progression, or that the token would decide to make you lucky. Either way, low odds.

For the DDQ node, for players that haven't really covered their 4*s yet, it's not very useful. The same can be said of the 3* node for those transitioners too however, as people with low covers on most 3*s also tend to have underdeveloped rosters, so that survival node is rough. For players in the transition area (like myself) it's a likely 4* cover every 5 days with what could be a difficult battle. For people past my stage, it's the start of the 5* transition.
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    I think because most people don't have XDP, we're going to be cut a little slack - we only have to fight a 166 DP.

The catch is that there will be 3 lvl 166 DP, with an Aggressive Recon T-Up.

Hope I'm wrong ^^'
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Leave 3* Bullseye alone!!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    my question is why then do we have whale pts in the game other than the very hardest gauntlet nodes?
    Not everyone exclusively saves them for the Gauntlet. I will sometimes use them if a PVP battle is going poorly and it's worth enough points to put me over the 1000 or 1300 score mark. I tend to start really hoarding them only when I know Gauntlet is due to roll around in a couple weeks.

Ditto. I had a 350 Thing - 270 Jean - 290 Beast node for 60+ points last PvP. I could try to take 5 minutes and beat it legit on the 3rd match of my final hop, or whale it and call it a day. I chose the latter.

I try not to use them unless I have no other (realistic) choice to get through a node, PvP or otherwise.
  • When a man becomes that which he hates

Could it be... Broccoli man ?!
  • I think, there really is debate going on on their end, and they ultimately chose caution. Any deception is not intentional, but a side effect of their own internal debates.

That's probably pretty intentional.

Like, if they went full boar and realized they were giving out WAY too many 4*s and that every Legendary node was a "Race for 14 Team Up AP" and Deadpool teamups were critical for all alliances and whatnot, well.

They sure as heck would have a lot harder time pulling it back.

If you think "4* DDQ node is too hard!" make people mad, well. Imagine how mad they'd be if it was easyish to get...for two weeks.

Or if they gave out 4*s in the top 50 of placements, but tied it down to top 5.

Or anything else like that.

It's safer to give out trickles slowly then give out a lot real quick then pull it back.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Come on R85! Bring us our Anniversary treats!
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Plan is to push it Live on Monday. Due to the next 5* also needing R85, we'll be pushing it to required a few hours later assuming that everything runs smoothly. While normally we give people a day or two to update, some of the pre-Anniversary stuff really needs to be rolled out early which means having everyone synced on the latest version.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Plan is to push it Live on Monday. Due to the next 5* also needing R85, we'll be pushing it to required a few hours later assuming that everything runs smoothly. While normally we give people a day or two to update, some of the pre-Anniversary stuff really needs to be rolled out early which means having everyone synced on the latest version.

Thanks for not dropping a massive release on a Friday before the end of a season! Extra thanks for the detailed info.