Place your bets! Poll: Whaling a 5*

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really did think it would happen a bit more quickly, like 7-10 days.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, the time has come! He-who-shall-not-be-named has maxed his Surfer!

25 days...close enough to 1 month. Therefore, I was right icon_razz.gif

Congrats and good luck! icon_lol.gif
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:

Same here. I'm disappointed in the whales icon_lol.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    woopie wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

Same here. I'm disappointed in the whales icon_lol.gif

Not as disappointed as D3 is icon_e_wink.gif

I thought it would happen more quickly...but perhaps the whales are a bit brighter than we give them credit for, or a bit more patient than we give them credit for. Why spend thousands of dollars for -one- 5* when you can spend the same thousands of dollars for -two- 5*'s if you just wait a month?

Two weeks for two fully covered 5*'s perhaps?
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP wrote:
    He-who-shall-not-be-named has maxed his Surfer!
    Voldemort?

Close. Seems like any thread that even mentions his name is magically locked. Let's see if it works: Kingdr[LOCKED]
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Well, the time has come! He-who-shall-not-be-named has maxed his Surfer!

25 days...close enough to 1 month. Therefore, I was right icon_razz.gif

Wow, those 20 DDQ vault token pulls in the last 10 days sure must have been lucky.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised at the combination of 25 days and *only* ~$7k (rumored).

Figured with that kind of luck/spend combo, it'd happen much faster.
  • I've already seen and been beaten by King D.......gt who has a Silver Surfer fully covered and leveled in the 400's already. Just sitting there chilling at the top of every leaderboard.
  • lockness
    lockness Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    A few thousand to max a surfer and the highest the store offers is a Stark Salary? It's like pressing the leveling button one-level-at-a-time. No wonder it took a month. icon_razz.gif Congrats, by the way.

So...now that we have that out of the way, is it time to bet on when the second 5* will be maxed?
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    First of all. I stayed unshielded because I want some people to hit me. I received 150pts-200pts lost every morning and from many players.
    I ran out of points (of cos) and by other lovely people that killed my SS, I have motivation and points to move on further.
    As I mentioned in last topic directly to me, I will no longer debate on how much I spent or how many tokens I opened.
    I'm here to share my happiness from maxing the SS straight up to 355 with super luck of not getting any Black *while it was 5.
    Some comments mentioned about $7k total as rumour, let me say that the rumour is true. I told my alliance about the total I spent seems like it slipped out.
    That's a lot of money that I put into this game. For the people that disappointed in extreme whaling, I also have a job which I have to wait for my bonus and salary to come in.
    However, I do not know if this is legit but there are 2 players I encountered myself (Got hit and I was defeated) that also have maxed SS with 355, another 2 more players have 152 or another with 252.
    I'm glad that I became Valdemore in this post but I do have nose. I must repeat over and over that the SS teams of mine can be DEFEATED. Maybe not easily but possible as long as after I maxed him and I still received great losses from my dearest friends who I let them try snipe back. Goodluck to all who is seeking for SS or be patient for the new 5*. Hope this comment clarify of me not put up the shield. It is not because I am floating with no fear, but I need challengers to move the game forward.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    First of all. I stayed unshielded because I want some people to hit me. I received 150pts-200pts lost every morning and from many players.
    I ran out of points (of cos) and by other lovely people that killed my SS, I have motivation and points to move on further.
    As I mentioned in last topic directly to me, I will no longer debate on how much I spent or how many tokens I opened.
    I'm here to share my happiness from maxing the SS straight up to 355 with super luck of not getting any Black *while it was 5.
    Some comments mentioned about $7k total as rumour, let me say that the rumour is true. I told my alliance about the total I spent seems like it slipped out.
    That's a lot of money that I put into this game. For the people that disappointed in extreme whaling, I also have a job which I have to wait for my bonus and salary to come in.
    However, I do not know if this is legit but there are 2 players I encountered myself (Got hit and I was defeated) that also have maxed SS with 355, another 2 more players have 152 or another with 252.
    I'm glad that I became Valdemore in this post but I do have nose. I must repeat over and over that the SS teams of mine can be DEFEATED. Maybe not easily but possible as long as after I maxed him and I still received great losses from my dearest friends who I let them try snipe back. Goodluck to all who is seeking for SS or be patient for the new 5*. Hope this comment clarify of me not put up the shield. It is not because I am floating with no fear, but I need challengers to move the game forward.
    Lets be honest.. A lot of the critics here is mere jealousy.. If you have the money to buy a Ferrari why would you limit yourself to buying a buick? If i could put that money into the gm without sweating i'll do it.. Period.. Btw KD is an extremly nice guy who took no grief for my constant sniping.. (Or trying of, now that SS is maxed).. Anyway the problem is D3 allows that this kind of char being introduced in the first place.. Its nonsense gameplay wise.. As i stated in other threads SS maxed is unbeatable except extrem luck.. (And i dare ppl to deny me over this assumption as i must be one of the only guys who went against SS nearly routinely) Over 10 covers match damage just kill you (1500+ for 3 blue tiles!!).. D3 have to find a way to balance things out.. Or else the game will be nearly unplayable if you dont have your maxed SS.. Its gt/xf all over again but on steroids..
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    I admit I am one of those secretly jealous of the maxed out 5*, some random guy. Tried to take on your team in MQ PvP but lost despite getting SS down to under 10k health (and then healed...). Gonna try to look you up in ssim and try my luck there.

The only question I have now for you is...are you going to do the same for the subsequent 5* releases? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • KingDreadnaught
    KingDreadnaught Posts: 92 Match Maker
    hurcules wrote:
    I admit I am one of those secretly jealous of the maxed out 5*, some random guy. Tried to take on your team in MQ PvP but lost despite getting SS down to under 10k health (and then healed...). Gonna try to look you up in ssim and try my luck there.

The only question I have now for you is...are you going to do the same for the subsequent 5* releases? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Do the same in this case means spending on getting new 5*? If so, I might have to say "maybe" as an honest answer. It's about how much I'm willing to spend in the future for this great game. However, from all the events and previous received tokens, I have a lot of tokens sitting and waiting to be opened when the new one arrives.
  • Buret0

At least one other surfer was a cheat and his account no longer gets to play with the rest of us.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    hurcules wrote:

Whaling a Red Hulk would actually probably draw you enough surfers to make another maxed one.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    my guess is when they add rulk, you'll see several more maxed ss's around along with a few rulks. I give that about a week or two.
  • So it took less than a day for Logan to be maxed. Anyone else seen this?

mpqroster_zpsoh3a9zez.jpg
  • Buret0
    Enslaved wrote:
    So it took less than a day for Logan to be maxed. Anyone else seen this?

Doesn't look real. I would report that.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Enslaved wrote:
    So it took less than a day for Logan to be maxed. Anyone else seen this?

mpqroster_zpsoh3a9zez.jpg

My first thought is, with those covers available, why is Vision maxed?!?! And Quicksilver and MoStorm!?!? icon_e_confused.gif
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Its nonsense gameplay wise..
    nuff said