Place your bets! Poll: Whaling a 5*

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    xequalsy wrote:
    MrGaunt25 wrote:
    Day of release. Rationale: if someone is going to spend thousands of dollars trying to obtain maxed SS, why wait?
    I would assume they might wait a week or so, just in case they pull one from a legendary token they earned in another way (e.g. the taco tokens - maybe people will crack their stockpiles). I figure pulling even one cover without having to buy it, might save quite a bit of money in the end. Though I guess for the people willing to spend $$ saving a couple thousand might not even factor into their decision.

I have been stock piling tacos from day 1. If my 70+ tacos doesn't net me the 5 star.png , I might consider buying some more tokens & give it a shot. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    raisinbman wrote:
    A week. I know how this works.

And there's worse things to waste money on. Trust me.

People blow that money in one night at a gentlemans lounge. So no doubt there. Bottle service $2000 champagne etc etc.

Any Vegas trip, nightclubs in big cities. South beach, nyc, Vegas again.

First class flights, I mean business class.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    What do you recon you get for selling the inevitable 5* covers someone whaling it and ending up with 6 or 7 in one colour gets before they get the 13 they need for a full build?
  • DayvBang wrote:
    What makes me sad is that whaling for a 5* is more expensive than paying off my students loans.
    But what's more satisfying: paying off one person's student loans, or beating a whole mess of people in PvP?
    the loans.... won't have enough time to play while trying to recoup the loan money.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I refuse to believe that there is anyone out there willing to spend 25K plus on a match 3 mobile game.

Come on, that's just not going to happen...is it? icon_neutral.gif
  • I refuse to believe that there is anyone out there willing to spend 25K plus on a match 3 mobile game.

Come on, that's just not going to happen...is it? icon_neutral.gif
    whales fund F2p games....can't find the story about the angry birds player who spend thousands/millions:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2 ... pay-report

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/RaminSho ... Tricks.php
  • Dter
    Dter Posts: 22
    If I heard correctly the odds of pulling 5* is 5%when they introduce Silver Surfer and when they introduce the next 5* the odds go to 10% (5%Surfer + 5% other) so a smart whale will wait and get two for the price of one.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    I think the first whale to get a maxed Silver Surfer should take a selfie which D3 would then take and paste over the Beluga whales face in Deadpools Super Whales Whales Whales
  • Dter wrote:
    If I heard correctly the odds of pulling 5* is 5%when they introduce Silver Surfer and when they introduce the next 5* the odds go to 10% (5%Surfer + 5% other) so a smart whale will wait and get two for the price of one.

While it seems like the smart thing to do is to wait, there is still that "first" quality people want. I think there will be a day one surge, and then another surge a month later when the odds go up more. I know I plan to hold on to any tokens I win until the odds go up to 10%.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Saw a picture of someone with 3 covers already...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    got 14k and could buy a 40 pack but wont why

One.. very good chance i will never get a SS
    Two a SS will kill you in pve
    three i dont need 40 2 stars icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    Dter wrote:

pretty sure surfer is removed and the new one is put into its place
  • slidecage wrote:
    Dter wrote:

Absolutely wrong.

Rates have been posted by devs for how the breakdown will occur when there are 1, 2, or 3 5* in the game:

1. - 5%
    2. - 5% each (10% total for drawing a 5*)
    3. - 10% total (3.3% each)
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Ludaa wrote:
    Saw a picture of someone with 3 covers already...
    Yep. Someone won the lottery on 40 pack pulls. Should go hit Atlantic City with that luck.
  • slidecage
    j12601 wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    Dter wrote:

Absolutely wrong.

Rates have been posted by devs for how the breakdown will occur when there are 1, 2, or 3 5* in the game:

1. - 5%
    2. - 5% each (10% total for drawing a 5*)
    3. - 10% total (3.3% each)

hell i wait till next month then before buying the 40 pack.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    got 14k and could buy a 40 pack but wont why

One.. very good chance i will never get a SS
    Two a SS will kill you in pve
    three i dont need 40 2 stars icon_e_smile.gif

Well, 2 out of 3 are true at least.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoever voted longer than one day you are all wrong (my bad, if I could read I might vote a week for a max). Someone has a 3 cover Silver Surfer (lvl 300) in their roster now.

What a great crewsade!

Edit: didn't notice poll states a maxed Silver Surfer. That's a much harder task Anyway, someone is trying to do it! icon_e_smile.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gratz to that player!

Sitting in my sim bracket (though a note: not at the top anymore!) - went to see if it was super lucky with exact pulls. 3/5/5 and I see no other SS on the roster.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, the time has come! He-who-shall-not-be-named has maxed his Surfer!

25 days...close enough to 1 month. Therefore, I was right icon_razz.gif

Well, 25 days is more than 3 weeks, so I am going to declare myself (and I suppose everyone else who voted 1 month) the winner!

Yay for me!
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Just in time for the next 5* release!