A big thanks to the MPQ bullies...

124»

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Konman wrote:
    Right now, you can grind your life away in a PVE event, or try for a 1000 point progression cover. That's pretty much it for active playing to earn a cover. And if the 1000 point rewards are an increasingly unreliable cover source, a source that was already pretty darn slow, then I think its a problem.

With more people hitting 1K than ever ... and ther always being a 4* at 1K ... how is that an increasingly unreliable source of 4* covers?

With the current meta and progression ladder, the 1K target is increasingly accessible, and very reliable.
    I think its become easier but I distinctly remember 2 times when I couldn't get 1k points. Being one of the only options to get 4* covers, it can be pretty devastating to not reach that point.

You can always purchase cover pack tokens. I heard you can get 4*s that way also. D3 is a business abd businesses like $$$.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    If I remember correctly, for Nefarious the 1k cover was Thing Yellow. That color is the hardest of the 3 to get, and a lot of my alliance mates tried hard but failed to get the cover. I personally ran a hood/loki/laken team, and I was doing quick two minute hops in order to avoid getting hit.

But yes, I certainly went after: a) underleveled teams; b) low health teams (that included either or both hood/loki). So if I see a hood/loki/cmag for 30 points during a hard climb, I'll take the match.

I think it's just a combination of factors, including bad luck, leading to the heavy loss in points. If you believe you're being targeted, you should check the attackers' alliances and confirm they come from the same affiliated group. I've been hit 26x (out of 39) in an event last season by the same 20 man group, so I know exactly how annoying it is to lose big points quickly.

Nefarious was between seasons. That's just tough in general since everybody just makes their run then don't bother to shield. I used 2 shields to get to 1k as well. Doom/cmags/hood continue to be one of the most effective 3* teams for this event.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    meekersX wrote:
    it shows to prove my point that those with a maxed 4 star.png have a significantly easier time in PvP
    Does anyone seriously think they shouldn't? Come on, people...
  • Just did a 1 match shield hop, just got attacked. More evidence.
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    meekersX wrote:
    it shows to prove my point that those with a maxed 4 star.png have a significantly easier time in PvP
    Does anyone seriously think they shouldn't? Come on, people...
    I didn't mean to suggest that they shouldn't. I only meant to show that the given example wasn't that relevant to my roster.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Just did a 1 match shield hop, just got attacked. More evidence.
    You're also using a very slow team DD/KK/C Mag, I hopped to 1305 using DD/BP/IF, probably the fastest 3* team this event
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    i got hit a total of 5 times this entire PVP, maybe my experience is unique....

What was your roster? I bet that had something to do with it.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:
    too slow
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    You're also using a very slow team DD/KK/C Mag, I hopped to 1305 using DD/BP/IF, probably the fastest 3* team this event

KhanWitch is lightning fast on offense .... but very meh on defense. I should quit neglecting my panther!

I just ran kk/bp up to 1.3k. Green/black + all ap boosts, 2 match hops. There were (lots of) bounces off my shield from seconds after I put it up, so I assume some of the credit was due to lucky boards helping me to finish quickly.
  • fmftint wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

KhanWitch is lightning fast on offense .... but very meh on defense. I should quit neglecting my panther!

I just ran kk/bp up to 1.3k. Green/black + all ap boosts, 2 match hops. There were (lots of) bounces off my shield from seconds after I put it up, so I assume some of the credit was due to lucky boards helping me to finish quickly.
    well least someone got it..too bad none of this advice is in the PVP threads

so now I have to find the fastest team and have them leveled for the event they happen to be powered up in....what a headache.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Yes. Having good characters to compete with is one of the key tenets of the game.

Also note that one can reply without 5 levels of indented quotes. Please kind to others in the forum by not creating a post that is 500 lines long.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    The simple truth is that you'll get hit no matter what team you're running, just once you get to 900 everyone can see you and there's boosted 4* teams waiting to eat you alive. Just be patient, try to hop to 1k at dead times when there barely anyone awake. I've seen 3* roster hit 1300 easily, mostly it depends on who's in your shard(X-Men make it easy to hit all the progressives) and what boosted characters you're running.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    In nefarious foes I climbed all the way to 900 with Magneto, Loki and Hood. Then I shielded. Last push I did four matches with Magneto, Doom and Hood plus boosts. Magneto and Hood maxed, Loki and Doom 140 and 122. Got my Thing cover and remained the rest of the event unshielded. I finished with 615.

Then on blind justice I got the 1300 Thing cover. Used Kamala and Panther. DD and Kamala are maxed, Panther is at level 142 or something. I used boosts and three shields, each hop doing only two matches. I am in the x men guys bracket so the climb is easier. Beating those maxed HB and Jeans and boosted Thoras was fun.

Hitting the same guy twice in a row is a routine event for me. Nothing personal against anyone but when you are the only target worth 60+ and the rest are worth 30-something there is no reason why I shouldn't hit you. When you are nearing the top or hopping you want to play as fast as possible, there simply isn't any time to waste checking out who I'm hitting or what alliance he belongs to. All I see is how much the guy is worth and what level his team is.

So, hate me, I guess. icon_twisted.gif