A big thanks to the MPQ bullies...

smiley22
smiley22 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
edited August 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
9 1/2 hours left in the event (a fairly dead time), so I jumped out of a shield at 892 after queuing a couple targets that were already shielded just above me, finished ONE match fairly quickly and came out -160 points. CMags Loki and Hood so I wasn't the juiciest target. Obviously some billy badass alliance or coordinated group decided it would be fun to ruin my day. During hops I'm always careful to wait before hitting to be sure the target has had time to shield. Unless I accidentally hit someone earlier this morning while I was climbing I have no idea why I would be called out. Am i supposed to maintain a detailed spreadsheet of all alliances and players that are untouchable??? **** that. Why is such a toxic mechanic even possible?

Sorry, had to vent, and hope whoever was sitting there waiting for me to unshield is happy... Get a life.

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    This PVP was rough for EVERYBODY... pretty much everyone in my alliance and in friendly alliances was having a hard time climbing. Everyone was getting hit in this one, no matter what.

In this event, it didn't matter if you had truces with other Alliances, or if you only hit random alliance-free people, you are a target that pops up in a queue, and with everyone running the same teams this event pretty much, everyone is getting hit because there isn't much choice. I doubt very much everyone is being targeted by someone else for some 'nefarious' reason.

It's a tough PVP, toughest one in a while... for everybody.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    smiley22 wrote:
    CMags Loki and Hood so I wasn't the juiciest target.
    Compared to all the Carnage/Jeans/Hoods, at 900 points, yeah, you pretty much were.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    smiley22 wrote:
    CMags Loki and Hood so I wasn't the juiciest target.
    Compared to all the Carnage/Jeans/Hoods, at 900 points, yeah, you pretty much were.

have to agree, using Mags, Hood, Bullseye, i have been going after loki/hood teams.. my hood counters theirs, and loki has low hp.. prime for BE to unload on once i or the AI get a coercive off.. board filled with strikes and shields before you know it.

heck, even took out my first maxed carnage thanks to Bullseye!
  • smiley22
    Hopefully that's all it was, climb wasn't too horrible though. I'll live, but they really need to add an invulnerability period or something after unshielded. I know of a few people who have quit out of frustration from the same issue. Nothing more disheartening, especially when spending HP on shields and making sure you hop at just the right times.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    smiley22 wrote:
    Hopefully that's all it was, climb wasn't too horrible though. I'll live, but they really need to add an invulnerability period or something after unshielded. I know of a few people who have quit out of frustration from the same issue. Nothing more disheartening, especially when spending HP on shields and making sure you hop at just the right times.

remember, thousands of people can queue you up. Even if they are not in your specific bracket. I wouldn't take it personally.. to "wait for someone to unshield" is just a bit hard.. who knows if it is a 3 hour or 8 hour etc shield.. no-one is going to refresh their device every 30 seconds for hours just to find the exact moment you unshield.

It was just bad luck, happens to the best and the rest, many times.
  • Stony
    Stony Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    I hit you twice. Nothing malicious. You were an easy win for good points. But the fact I hit you twice (after waiting for the initial attack) means you were unshielded too long. Sorry bro.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    smiley22 wrote:
    but they really need to add an invulnerability period or something after unshielded. I know of a few people who have quit out of frustration from the same issue. Nothing more disheartening, especially when spending HP on shields and making sure you hop at just the right times.

So a shield for your shield? Complete nonsense, you roll your dice and take your chances like us great unwashed that don't use shields. Don't want to get hit then play story events. For once the meta game backfired on you, take your lumps and move on like those you attacked on your way up do.

If it was all the same alliance attacking you out of breaking some sort of unwritten and unheard of rule then I agree that's is wrong, but if it were all randoms then you just have to take it on the chin.
  • A bunch of us are in the 'Smiley22 unshielded' Line group chat. We wait till you are unshielded and then we pounce. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    smiley22 wrote:

I don't bother to look and see if someone is in an alliance. I hit skip until whoever I get is worth points and then I go. I might accidentally hit the same player a few times if they are sitting unshielded and keep coming up in my queue, but since I'm not writing down player names all I have to go on is the party that they are using. And since I'm queuing up the higher point value targets, I'm usually seeing the same couple variations of teams over and over again.

So if you get hit by Buret0, know that it wasn't a snipe or a target or anything personal... it was just the desire to climb quickly and you were a high point target.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    Even though you have waited.. how do you know if the other person intends to shield yet?
    No one running cmags/hood/loki is going to be floating at 900
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    I hit a few teams with this combination. There wasn't too much variation but I saw a lot of people burn around 940-960 back to even 820s. They just played too many matches and stayed un shielded too long in this event.

Less people playing off season made 1000 tough.

Seeing that i hopped from 920 to 960 shielded again, during my wait I got hit 2 times. Once was a retal or they had an old q.

I was using jean hood and cMags most event. Mixed Loki w hood early on.
  • smiley22
    edited August 2015
    Stony wrote:
    I hit you twice. Nothing malicious. You were an easy win for good points. But the fact I hit you twice (after waiting for the initial attack) means you were unshielded too long. Sorry bro.

I appreciate you owning up to it, I've calmed down. Just **** blows to sneak in all those matches at work, then try a quick hop and end up over 100 points less than where I started. I'm all for healthy competition but now that just about everyone is running at least maxed 3*s every pvp is becoming a ridiculous slog. The fun is now getting lost in the bloodbath.

I don't blame the players, but the devs need to do something. I have all top tier 3*s maxed (16 total). My only means of progression is the 1k reward. I hit it every time 2 seasons ago. It's clearly getting harder and harder to do so. My will to continue sinks every time my points do. I'm not FTP at all either, I've spent hundreds on roster slots, shields and covers from time to time. I know the hardcore whales outspend me, but I'm sure the masses are in the same boat as me, and that going to hurt the bottom line soon.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    I may have hit you not sure. But hood loki is such an easy win for anyone with a hood, since there is only one big hitter.

If you aren't getting any/many defensive wins it means you are juicy. Esp over 800 which is not easy to find right now.
  • sc0ville
    sc0ville Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    smiley22 wrote:
    9 1/2 hours left in the event (a fairly dead time), so I jumped out of a shield at 892 after queuing a couple targets that were already shielded just above me, finished ONE match fairly quickly and came out -160 points. CMags Loki and Hood so I wasn't the juiciest target. Obviously some billy badass alliance or coordinated group decided it would be fun to ruin my day. During hops I'm always careful to wait before hitting to be sure the target has had time to shield. Unless I accidentally hit someone earlier this morning while I was climbing I have no idea why I would be called out. Am i supposed to maintain a detailed spreadsheet of all alliances and players that are untouchable??? tinykitty that. Why is such a toxic mechanic even possible?

Sorry, had to vent, and hope whoever was sitting there waiting for me to unshield is happy... Get a life.

That's a really slow team and pretty low on total HP. A more offensive oriented team could chew through it really quickly without a problem. At lower scores it would be fine, but once you got above 700 the teams sporting Carnages or HB or KP with 20k + hp, are a lot more prevalent.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    heck, even took out my first maxed carnage thanks to Bullseye!
    something I thought I'd never read, lol...
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    smiley22 wrote:
    Stony wrote:

I appreciate you owning up to it, I've calmed down. Just tinykitty blows to sneak in all those matches at work, then try a quick hop and end up over 100 points less than where I started. I'm all for healthy competition but now that just about everyone is running at least maxed 3*s every pvp is becoming a ridiculous slog. The fun is now getting lost in the bloodbath.

I don't blame the players, but the devs need to do something. I have all top tier 3*s maxed (16 total). My only means of progression is the 1k reward. I hit it every time 2 seasons ago. It's clearly getting harder and harder to do so. My will to continue sinks every time my points do. I'm not FTP at all either, I've spent hundreds on roster slots, shields and covers from time to time. I know the hardcore whales outspend me, but I'm sure the masses are in the same boat as me, and that going to hurt the bottom line soon.

Don't get too down, it'll get much easier with the next PvP. Offseason PvPs are rough for everyone, because few high-scorers care about the final ranking rewards, and the final points don't contribute to a season score.

I can hit 1300 with relative ease (meaning a couple of hops, maybe a single hop in a crazy shard), and I didn't seriously touch either of the two offseason PvPs, because offseason PvPs are miserable slogs, especially when they have lots of boosted characters.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    sc0ville wrote:
    That's a really slow team and pretty low on total HP. A more offensive oriented team could chew through it really quickly without a problem. At lower scores it would be fine, but once you got above 700 the teams sporting Carnages or HB or KP with 20k + hp, are a lot more prevalent.

This, exactly.

Hood/Carnage/Jean can very quickly take out both Hood and Loki, since avoiding match 4s isn't tough to do. 17 AP and 2/3rds of your team just fell.

Hood/Scarlet/Jean has no trouble either because you rely on purple match 5s to quickly accelerate into your AoE attacks... that also happen to blow up all of the mischief tiles.

I tried playing without Hood a couple of times and it didn't go well, but Loki/Hood is just too squishy when everyone at the top has Carnage, Jean, 4Pool, Magneto, and Doom boosted to 290+.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to say that this time the problem was your team composition, as some people have already suggested. Two squishies in the same team, when there were so many chars buffed it was too good for any other team not to hit you.

In this event you could choose Loki or Hood but not both, I myself was playing Mags, Doom and Hood, and I attacked every Magneto/Loki/Hood team I have seen (you were not the only one to field that team). Then, if that team was easy for me, imagine for all the teams with Carnages, Kingpins, Jeans and Xpools.

Ps: I also attacked any Fistbuster team, this was not the event to field this couple, Magneto was doind like 7000-8000 for 10 blue, and Doom could easily do 12000 for 10 purple and some patience (a 5/3/5 Doom is a monster when buffed to 290), magw with around 15000hp and doom 17000 hps
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    The takeaway from the posts in this thread appears to be that if you didn't already have a maxed boosted 4* team, you weren't going to do particularly well toget the 1000 progression reward for a 4* cover, much less a 1st place 4* cover. Which is a problem.
  • Konman wrote:
    The takeaway from the posts in this thread appears to be that if you didn't already have a maxed boosted 4* team, you weren't going to do particularly well toget the 1000 progression reward for a 4* cover, much less a 1st place 4* cover. Which is a problem.
    its tough...and yes 4* players have it easier. But 3* players can use shields.

Trust me....I tried to explore this back in my old pvp progression thread......

But the sad thing is, if you simply are part of the Marvel Fight Club, then you can get 1k and 1.3k easy