A big thanks to the MPQ bullies...

Comments

• meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I used 2 shields and attempted to hop from 935+ both times. Each time I was hit during the second match that would have taken me above 1000. I completed my matches as quickly as I could, but even 5 minutes was too long. When you have people with boosted 4 star.png waiting to tear you down, it's difficult to complete two matches before they complete one.

Moreover, both times I was double tapped by players, so it's clear that some people don't care about allowing others to reach progression goals. It seems like it would be beneficial for everyone to allow me to climb so that I'm worth more points. If people just waited a minute or two before hitting the people they queue, I expect many more people could have reached the progression rewards.

PvP as it exists seems to have a large element of luck to it. I put out the best roster I can, but if I am targeted by someone, I'm done. In all, I invested at least 4 hours in this event. Overall, it was not an enjoyable experience.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    sc0ville wrote:
    smiley22 wrote:
    9 1/2 hours left in the event (a fairly dead time), so I jumped out of a shield at 892 after queuing a couple targets that were already shielded just above me, finished ONE match fairly quickly and came out -160 points. CMags Loki and Hood so I wasn't the juiciest target. Obviously some billy badass alliance or coordinated group decided it would be fun to ruin my day. During hops I'm always careful to wait before hitting to be sure the target has had time to shield. Unless I accidentally hit someone earlier this morning while I was climbing I have no idea why I would be called out. Am i supposed to maintain a detailed spreadsheet of all alliances and players that are untouchable??? tinykitty that. Why is such a toxic mechanic even possible?

Sorry, had to vent, and hope whoever was sitting there waiting for me to unshield is happy... Get a life.

That's a really slow team and pretty low on total HP. A more offensive oriented team could chew through it really quickly without a problem. At lower scores it would be fine, but once you got above 700 the teams sporting Carnages or HB or KP with 20k + hp, are a lot more prevalent.
    this.while u could beat any1 with maxed cmags loki hood it isnt fast unless u get a really good board.i swapped loki for wanda at 800 since thats when u want speed much faster.
  • jimstarooney
    Konman wrote:
    The takeaway from the posts in this thread appears to be that if you didn't already have a maxed boosted 4* team, you weren't going to do particularly well toget the 1000 progression reward for a 4* cover, much less a 1st place 4* cover. Which is a problem.
    not really,i didnt use a 4 star once.
  • meekersX wrote:
    I used 2 shields and attempted to hop from 935+ both times. Each time I was hit during the second match that would have taken me above 1000. I completed my matches as quickly as I could, but even 5 minutes was too long. When you have people with boosted 4 star.png waiting to tear you down, it's difficult to complete two matches before they complete one.

Moreover, both times I was double tapped by players, so it's clear that some people don't care about allowing others to reach progression goals. It seems like it would be beneficial for everyone to allow me to climb so that I'm worth more points. If people just waited a minute or two before hitting the people they queue, I expect many more people could have reached the progression rewards.

PvP as it exists seems to have a large element of luck to it. I put out the best roster I can, but if I am targeted by someone, I'm done. In all, I invested at least 4 hours in this event. Overall, it was not an enjoyable experience.
    can't upvote for whatever reason, but yeah....totally agree
  • meekersX wrote:

Both times hit on the 2nd match.

Sooo....

Had you fought 1 fight each hop, you would have made 1K with less effort, and taking no hits, on 2 shields from that point.

Instead, you spent 2 shields, fought 4 matches, and fell short.

Again I say: 1-fight hops.

i've been hit during a 1 match hop, point still stands
  • meekersX
    Certainly, easy to know with hindsight. I just did what has brought me success in previous events. It has never been necessary for me to 1-fight hop to reach 1000 in 16 previous events.
  • meekersX wrote:
    Certainly, easy to know with hindsight. I just did what has brought me success in previous events. It has never been necessary for me to 1-fight hop to reach 1000 in 16 previous events.

Tougher event and possibly bad timing. I'm lucky to hit 800, but the concept is the same. Later in the event, the smaller the window, especially when you are lurking in the land of fully carded 4* rosters.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    meekersX wrote:

I wouldn't say they were waiting to tear you down. It's just an issue of coincidence and bad timing meeting up. If they were hitting you, they were also probably climbing to hit 1k. It probably wouldn't be beneficial to everyone to allow you to climb, b/c you're not gonna be worth that many more points by the time you hit 1k. If they're around your point level, you might only go up by single digits if you hit 1k and they are still in the 900s. And while they're waiting, they're probably also getting hit to lose points.
  • jimstarooney
    raisinbman wrote:
    meekersX wrote:

Sooo....

Had you fought 1 fight each hop, you would have made 1K with less effort, and taking no hits, on 2 shields from that point.

but how long was the match?
  • meekersX
    lukewin wrote:
    I wouldn't say they were waiting to tear you down. It's just an issue of coincidence and bad timing meeting up. If they were hitting you, they were also probably climbing to hit 1k. It probably wouldn't be beneficial to everyone to allow you to climb, b/c you're not gonna be worth that many more points by the time you hit 1k. If they're around your point level, you might only go up by single digits if you hit 1k and they are still in the 900s. And while they're waiting, they're probably also getting hit to lose points.
    Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest any conspiratorially to it. Almost certainly coincidence and bad timing that I tried to hop at the same time a heavy hitter was pushing. Still too random. What actually bothers me is when someone hits me multiple times, especially when they're in my bracket and can see that I'm unshielded and trying to hop to 1k.

As for waiting for me to climb, I queue nodes for my next match before I commence my current one. That gives at least a few minutes delay before I hit anyone after they appear in my queue. I'm not suggesting someone shouldn't play any matches meanwhile, just that they need not destroy me as soon as I appear in their queue.

It's particularly frustrating when I see that I've been hit with maxed 4 star.png's though. It's undeniable and justified that having them offers a clear advantage in PvP. I don't have any maxed 4 star.png's, and this is the only way for me to reliably earn them. Using 4 star.png, you can complete matches faster, so if someone using them chooses to fight me as soon as I appear in their queue, there's little I can do. There's absolutely no team I can field that will dissuade a 4 star.png either.

You just have to hope that you aren't targeted by them.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    i got hit a total of 5 times this entire PVP, maybe my experience is unique....
  • raisinbman wrote:
    meekersX wrote:

Sooo....

I just did a 3 match hop , went 1060 from 1235 icon_lol.gif
    No coordination or line, just lots of looking and skipping.

1 match hop is a good idea if it reachable with 2 hop for a cover you really want. Have you try using +all ap & damage boost ? You get them every PvP and PvE, stockpile them and use it for hop. Another suggestion is don't attack anyone under 40 points from the start til end, unless you don't have a choice.
  • X23 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    meekersX wrote:

Sooo....

I just did a 3 match hop , went 1060 from 1235 icon_lol.gif
    No coordination or line, just lots of looking and skipping.

1 match hop is a good idea if it reachable with 2 hop for a cover you really want. Have you try using +all ap & damage boost ? You get them every PvP and PvE, stockpile them and use it for hop. Another suggestion is don't attack anyone under 40 points from the start til end, unless you don't have a choice.
    trust me when I said I've tried everything. I've accepted the fact I can only hit up to 1000 and will aim for 1300 when my 4* roster is better.

I will admit once I didn't have any good powered up characters so my matches took too long, but also, its happened during a perfectly "normal" event.

I can't say whether its luck/timing/making enemies/stream sniping/brackets/going to work/sleeping/kitchen sink, but I can get to 1000 and I'm happy with that.

I wish there was a way to get to 1300, but I can never find enough points or enough time to shield hop. I've been to 1200 so I've been close. And I see others do it in my bracket occasionally.

I mean I might sound gloomy here, but I'm perfectly okay with being top 2-5 in events on average and hitting 1000 points 95% of the time. If I'm top 5 and I can't get 1300, that means others are in the same boat as well.
  • raisinbman wrote:

Against all that is sane and obvious, I'll ask:

What point?
    1 match hops are still vulnerable, since u said 1 match hops would've fixed that person's problem
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    They SSOLU knows patience is the key.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Against all that is sane and obvious, I'll ask:

What point?
    1 match hops are still vulnerable, since u said 1 match hops would've fixed that person's problem

Aw, I see. Lead troll to water and it simply hides under bridge.

As he agreed, 1-fight hops would have worked for him.

Good night, raisin.
    Are you kidding? You act as if 1 match hops are some holy grail, and I am offering testimony that they aren't.

Next you're gonna tell me I didn't do a 1 match hop and get nailed for exactly what I gained I suppose.

And I'm tired of your namecalling and demeaning attitude, welcome to ignore.
  • meekersX
    In my Blind Justice bracket, I just watched AgentA from XMenFive break 1K without shields running Cmags (355 lvl 166, buffed to 240), Daredevil (535 lvl 157 buffed to 275), XF (544 lvl 270).

Hardly a whale roster, not evenly optimally covered for PvP offense action. His progress was steady just kept hammering away.

With 23hrs left, there are 23 players in this bracket over 1K. Many of them are 3* players.
    I appreciate you're trying to be helpful and encouraging, but I find this to be neither. icon_e_smile.gif If anything, it shows to prove my point that those with a maxed 4 star.png have a significantly easier time in PvP, as I have posited. For comparison, my XF is 4/1/2, and I can expect him to have 13 covers in approximately 210 days, assuming I reach 1k in each PvP that he's offered.

For what it's worth, I'm confident I can reach 1k in Blind Justice even with my roster such as it is. It's just a question of whether it's worth my time and effort, or more precisely, whether I enjoy the process enough to justify it. After all, I should be enjoying myself, and PvP has proven not to be so for me as of late.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    trust me when I said I've tried everything. I've accepted the fact I can only hit up to 1000 and will aim for 1300 when my 4* roster is better.

I will admit once I didn't have any good powered up characters so my matches took too long, but also, its happened during a perfectly "normal" event.

I can't say whether its luck/timing/making enemies/stream sniping/brackets/going to work/sleeping/kitchen sink, but I can get to 1000 and I'm happy with that.

I wish there was a way to get to 1300, but I can never find enough points or enough time to shield hop. I've been to 1200 so I've been close. And I see others do it in my bracket occasionally.

I mean I might sound gloomy here, but I'm perfectly okay with being top 2-5 in events on average and hitting 1000 points 95% of the time. If I'm top 5 and I can't get 1300, that means others are in the same boat as well.

If you're top 5 with 1k, evidently you're in a thin slice. Of course you can't hit 1.3k. If you need the 3*s, continue as you were. If you only need the 4*s, there's no reason why you can't hit 1.3k with 3*s if you head for a slice with big hitters. I've been doing it since the point changes since I keep my roster levelled evenly for pve and my 4*s are only defensible in an unboosted environment like shield sim. That is, I can use them to win matches, but a buffed to 192 4* team has a giant target on their backs for 240/350 teams.
  • raisinbman wrote:

If you're top 5 with 1k, evidently you're in a thin slice. Of course you can't hit 1.3k. If you need the 3*s, continue as you were. If you only need the 4*s, there's no reason why you can't hit 1.3k with 3*s if you head for a slice with big hitters. I've been doing it since the point changes since I keep my roster levelled evenly for pve and my 4*s are only defensible in an unboosted environment like shield sim. That is, I can use them to win matches, but a buffed to 192 4* team has a giant target on their backs for 240/350 teams.
    interesting....I don't really have a choice on my friday or tuesday slices(work interferes with 4/5thsof the time slices) but I guess I could experiment with my Sunday slice.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    If I remember correctly, for Nefarious the 1k cover was Thing Yellow. That color is the hardest of the 3 to get, and a lot of my alliance mates tried hard but failed to get the cover. I personally ran a hood/loki/laken team, and I was doing quick two minute hops in order to avoid getting hit.

But yes, I certainly went after: a) underleveled teams; b) low health teams (that included either or both hood/loki). So if I see a hood/loki/cmag for 30 points during a hard climb, I'll take the match.

I think it's just a combination of factors, including bad luck, leading to the heavy loss in points. If you believe you're being targeted, you should check the attackers' alliances and confirm they come from the same affiliated group. I've been hit 26x (out of 39) in an event last season by the same 20 man group, so I know exactly how annoying it is to lose big points quickly.