**** Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) **** Updated (1/10/19)

Options

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we're getting into former members of the FF then you're looking at all versions of Spidey, Hulk, Wolverine....I think just going with people wearing an FF suit is reasonable.

That said, Future Foundation Spidey for his 4* variant!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Do traps count as "special tiles" for the purposes of Reed's yellow skill?

If so, running Reed and Doom together actually starts to show some interesting synergy.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:

If so, running Reed and Doom together actually starts to show some interesting synergy.
    No, Trap tiles don't count for these purposes. Doom's Demons do. However, Doom (or at least Classic Doom) is not a member of the Fantastic Four. Same goes for Modern She-Hulk.
  • oh my, 3.4k true heal? Sounds awesome. His only good skill is his yellow. Pair him with antman or storm..or carnage (yup).
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Too bad Reed wint be any use when i want to play with non-FF members. icon_e_sad.gif:(:(

As i told earlier, it would be better if an ally would recieve strongest color AP, and FF member would get additional bonus...
  • turul
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

No, Trap tiles don't count for these purposes. Doom's Demons do. However, Doom (or at least Classic Doom) is not a member of the Fantastic Four. Same goes for Modern She-Hulk.

Will locked special tiles count? (It does count for Dr.Oc)
  • IceIX
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Locked tiles do not count, as the colored tiles themselves aren't matched. We may change that up in the future, but that's currently the trade-off so that you can't just generate AP and healing using extra Force Bubbles from Invisible Woman.
  • Vhailorx wrote:
    ****GASP!!!!!!!*****

Mr. Fantastic?! Who would ever have guessed this secret identity?
    I thought It was Bag-face, the leader of the Bagmen and women
  • The Gunslinger
    Options
    I just want to make sure I understand Master of the Fantastic correctly. When it procs, and, let's say Thing and Torch are on the team, is only 1 green AP gained, or 2 total? (one for each other member of the F4).
  • IceIX
    Options
    I just want to make sure I understand Master of the Fantastic correctly. When it procs, and, let's say Thing and Torch are on the team, is only 1 green AP gained, or 2 total? (one for each other member of the F4).
    2 total, one for each member.
  • IceIX wrote:
    I hope extended "family" counts.
    Yes. If Bag-Man makes it onto the field with Reed, he'll earn the team AP when Yellow procs.

I don't suppose there's a chance we'll get a clear list of who all counts?

You've already ruled out She Hulk, so Im guessing Classic and Original Spidey are also out?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ShionSinX wrote:
    He lacks direct damage and people are trying too hard to make a pure F4 team but you know what, Reed 535 + Mohawk 535 will make a god pve team. If they both are buffed even on pvp it might work, impossible for the enemy not match her attack tiles and keep healing him. And we all that the AI makes a way to fire her black almost always.
    So you will only use Storms abilities with this combo and you are running reed to heal himself? He will be better with Daken and HT team where you use reeds black HT green and Red and either Reeds Blue for Shields or Dakens blue for a finisher. The issue with storm is her best ability is black and red while healing himself is nice, he does not hit hard enough for that to be the reason to bring him along.
    You want to bring along a FF team member as well so you can generate some green, but it will be tough to bring 2 since the synergy is Poor. IW, Blade would be a good combo as you don't need red.
    HT/IW would probably be he best FF combo with Reed as you can run HT red black, and IW blue Green. Thing is just so much better with his red and green I don't see why you would bring IW or HT with him.
  • IceIX
    Options
    Haetron wrote:

You've already ruled out She Hulk, so Im guessing Classic and Original Spidey are also out?
    Correct. Whenever possible, we limit characters in families to their proper incarnations. Hence why Black Widow (Original) isn't an Avenger, but the other two incarnations are. So the list of Fantastic Four is currently:
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Human Torch (Classic)
    Invisible Woman
    Mr. Fantastic
    The Thing

There are some weird ones like Wolverine (Astonishing) being an Avenger, but that's mostly because during that run of time he was, just in a slightly different costume.
  • turul
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Locked tiles do not count, as the colored tiles themselves aren't matched. We may change that up in the future, but that's currently the trade-off so that you can't just generate AP and healing using extra Force Bubbles from Invisible Woman.

I guess Dr.Oc is buggy then.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Was thinking about it for a few days but never bothered to post. On paper Reed Richards looks absolutely horrible, will have to see in practice. If it was X23 instead and the passive worked for Wolverine/Daken I would've been a lot more excited. Enemy matches away Daken's strike tiles into a ton of green AP for Wolverine + true heals for all 3. Black would go great with Patch Wolverine.

All the other F4 members use green (bagman doesn't count) but IW's green sucks and Thing's is meh. Torch is the only F4 member I use on a regular basis and he pairs so much better with Nick Fury. Reed makes a decent partner for Carnage (missing yellow and purple, Ant-Man would fit in well but get murdered by Carnage) and Xforce Xpool (weak yellow slow red) or Xpool Thing (no active yellow mediocre offense).
  • kuribosshoe
    Options
    Y'know... not to get all "Comic Book Nerd" on you guys but it is odd that the one "extended" FF member you allow is Bag-Man, because Bag-Man was never actually a member of the FF. He just borrowed a costume after they helped him contain the symbiote.

Storm, Black Panther, and Scott Lang were all (relatively) recently members of one or another incarnation of the FF, and She-Hulk and Luke Cage were members in the past.

All this blah-de-blah basically means that I hope you're planning to retool Bag-Man into Future Foundation Spidey so that his inclusion makes actual sense.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Y'know... not to get all "Comic Book Nerd" on you guys but it is odd that the one "extended" FF member you allow is Bag-Man, because Bag-Man was never actually a member of the FF. He just borrowed a costume after they helped him contain the symbiote.

Storm, Black Panther, and Scott Lang were all (relatively) recently members of one or another incarnation of the FF, and She-Hulk and Luke Cage were members in the past.

All this blah-de-blah basically means that I hope you're planning to retool Bag-Man into Future Foundation Spidey so that his inclusion makes actual sense.
    I'd give Cage a pass since he was hired as a replacement when Thing temporarily lost his powers. I don't think he could be said to be part of the family. But She-Hulk, Storm, Black Panther and Scott Lang should count as part of the family. Though I suppose I should be happy Reed can fuel She-Hulk's Furious Charge...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

Correct. Whenever possible, we limit characters in families to their proper incarnations. Hence why Black Widow (Original) isn't an Avenger, but the other two incarnations are. So the list of Fantastic Four is currently:
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
    Human Torch (Classic)
    Invisible Woman
    Mr. Fantastic
    The Thing

There are some weird ones like Wolverine (Astonishing) being an Avenger, but that's mostly because during that run of time he was, just in a slightly different costume.

Sounds like pairing him with 3* torch with 5 in green is going to be great... put out an inferno for them to match away while you generate green each time for max damage on his cd tile.. need to add a special tile spammer without a green.. maybe 5 purple falcon... his redwing will also count as a special tile to match.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reed will be interesting. His blue is solid, nothing bad, nothing good.

Yellow is amazing if it works

Black, is also amazing if it works.

My gut says to go 5/3/5 as it allows you to play him with anyone. If I'm only pairing him with FF

3/5/5--with Sue
    5/3/5--Thing
    5/3/5--Johhny

Yellow is really great if you have a special tile creator and he's tanking, short of that, not sure it is realiable enough to go 5 in.

Blue--Average but solid
    Yellow--Feast or Famine
    Black--underrated. (do people realize that and RGY match prolongs this?) this is essentially a color specific strike tile, I like it
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So does Black stack as well? The skill description says "and increase the duration of these tiles by 1."