**** Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) **** Updated (1/10/19)

Options

Comments

• Billigoat
    Options
    Billigoat wrote:
    Like OBW, his/her black will do "extra" damage, so the extra will proc all strike tiles on the board (unlike Vision's bluetile.png). If it's paired with a strike tile generator like Blade or Daken, he'll be true healing and doing double the strike tile damage damage with every match.

Huh, I didn't realize they use the same phrasing. Okay, I take it back -- he has one ability that's worth a damn.

(Think again on how much he'll heal when you run him with Daken, though. He won't be healing with every match because the enemy team has to match the tiles to trigger the yellow. Better hope the RNG likes you!)

oops... I read the yellow wrong. Didn't realize it was enemy matches with friendly tiles. That certainly changes things. It should still be a fun character to use, though, and I'm glad Demiurge is bringing some new design mechanics to the table.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Billigoat wrote:
    I'm glad Demiurge is bringing some new design mechanics to the table.

I'm glad too that we're starting to see some new color combos for active powers -- FalCap's the first yellow/red/[passive], and Unknown here is the first blue/black/[passive]. More variety = better teambuilding.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    trash tier along side 4* Falcon

?????????????
    Explained it in more detail on another thread. I'll post it here:
    babinro wrote:
    New character opinions.

Yellow:
    Interesting skill idea but in reality it'll probably only offer around 1100 protection with a high chance of a few tiles being destroyed in short order. At 3 yellow it'll protect around 475 so you've got match damage covered.

At 4* tier preventing 1100 damage really isn't that much unless you want to guard against AoE attacks. Single target powers dwarf this and as such makes 3 yellow the clear cut build for the character. Use it to prevent match damage since that's the main thing it'll do anyways.

Blue:
    A little weak in my opinion but a cool concept. I get that blue can't keep up with 5 purple Xavier powers since this is a passive but the values are still very low for 4* tier. I really think it should reduce ALL friendly CD's by 1 as well. There aren't many characters who spam these and speeding up Kingpin, Star-Lord or Sentry is probably not the end of the world. Despite being somewhat underwhelming I'd say this skill deserves 5 covers since it's what makes this character stand out.

Red:
    Reminds me of Patch's Best There Is. This is a powerhouse skill but too slow to use without help. It also gives 4* tier yet another high damage red outlet which it's already flooded with. I'd put 5 covers into it because of the natural 1-2 punch with yellow but really this is a finisher only given the costs. Use this as you would Hood's yellow as an afterthought that can help end things.

Probable Build: 3/5/5

Overall:
    Trash tier as far as 4*'s are concerned on paper. Maybe it'll play better than it looks but what I'm seeing is a character whose strictly worse than the Thing defensively and is far too slow in terms of blue tile buffs or red AP costs to seriously turn the tide offensively.

To sum it up I don't the ability to do massive spike damage once in a match so much prep is remotely worth it. He's flat out slow on offense while not offering enough defensive benefits or utility strength to make him useful on defense. The AI will have no idea how to play him correctly on defense either.

So yeah, a character with potential that has niche fun uses pits him comfortably alongside Elektra, IW and Star-Lord in my opinion.
    Trash tier as far as 4*'s are concerned.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2015
    Options
    All in all , if this is Reed, they did a poor job.. If they want you to use them as a family, there would need to be rainbow synergy..

instead if you use him with Thing and IW

no purple anywhere
    both yellows are passive, EDIT: Forgot about IW yellow.. so, 1 active yellow.
    conflicting green big powers

horrible as a team...

unless they include anyone who was ever a member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fantastic_Four_members

and i was actually reminded, Thing is not a family member, but a friend of Reeds.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    All in all , if this is Reed, they did a poor job.. If they want you to use them as a family, there would need to be rainbow synergy..

instead if you use him with Thing and IW

no purple anywhere
    both yellows are passive, no active yellow
    conflicting green big powers

horrible as a team...

unless they include anyone who was ever a member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Fantastic_Four_members
    who needs to work hard when u can $$$
    babinro wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    babinro wrote:
    trash tier along side 4* Falcon

?????????????
    Explained it in more detail on another thread. I'll post it here:
    babinro wrote:
    New character opinions.

Yellow:
    Interesting skill idea but in reality it'll probably only offer around 1100 protection with a high chance of a few tiles being destroyed in short order. At 3 yellow it'll protect around 475 so you've got match damage covered.

At 4* tier preventing 1100 damage really isn't that much unless you want to guard against AoE attacks. Single target powers dwarf this and as such makes 3 yellow the clear cut build for the character. Use it to prevent match damage since that's the main thing it'll do anyways.

Blue:
    A little weak in my opinion but a cool concept. I get that blue can't keep up with 5 purple Xavier powers since this is a passive but the values are still very low for 4* tier. I really think it should reduce ALL friendly CD's by 1 as well. There aren't many characters who spam these and speeding up Kingpin, Star-Lord or Sentry is probably not the end of the world. Despite being somewhat underwhelming I'd say this skill deserves 5 covers since it's what makes this character stand out.

Red:
    Reminds me of Patch's Best There Is. This is a powerhouse skill but too slow to use without help. It also gives 4* tier yet another high damage red outlet which it's already flooded with. I'd put 5 covers into it because of the natural 1-2 punch with yellow but really this is a finisher only given the costs. Use this as you would Hood's yellow as an afterthought that can help end things.

Probable Build: 3/5/5

Overall:
    Trash tier as far as 4*'s are concerned on paper. Maybe it'll play better than it looks but what I'm seeing is a character whose strictly worse than the Thing defensively and is far too slow in terms of blue tile buffs or red AP costs to seriously turn the tide offensively.

To sum it up I don't the ability to do massive spike damage once in a match so much prep is remotely worth it. He's flat out slow on offense while not offering enough defensive benefits or utility strength to make him useful on defense. The AI will have no idea how to play him correctly on defense either.

So yeah, a character with potential that has niche fun uses pits him comfortably alongside Elektra, IW and Star-Lord in my opinion.
    Trash tier as far as 4*'s are concerned.

I don't think low tier or does-not-pair well means trash tier...there's def a trash tier of 4* but falcon has a pretty clearly defined use
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Poor Invisible Woman, even the forum ignores Grant Invisibility....
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Poor Invisible Woman, even the forum ignores Grant Invisibility....

oops, you are correct, an active yellow.. i will fix my post.. doesn't change much though icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    It's that team's most reliable way of generating lots of protect tiles that can proc healing? That's....uh.....something.
  • He lacks direct damage and people are trying too hard to make a pure F4 team but you know what, Reed 535 + Mohawk 535 will make a god pve team. If they both are buffed even on pvp it might work, impossible for the enemy not match her attack tiles and keep healing him. And we all that the AI makes a way to fire her black almost always.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    He lacks direct damage and people are trying too hard to make a pure F4 team but you know what, Reed 535 + Mohawk 535 will make a god pve team. If they both are buffed even on pvp it might work, impossible for the enemy not match her attack tiles and keep healing him. And we all that the AI makes a way to fire her black almost always.
    I mean, is it really the player's fault for wanting to do what D3 is "telling" us to do(put unknown on a team with unknown's family)?

Of course, that's more of a discussion of D3's design.....

knowing D3, they'll say invisible woman is fine since you can just pair her with unknown.... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Using a team of 3 F4 members so that when the enemy match your special tiles you get 2 green ap doesn't seems a good enough reason to run this team.

I'd like much more a godly interaction like XDP and WXF.

More protect tiles for each F4 member? Heals them too on yellow? Makes two black tiles that work at same time if there are other two F4 members?
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Using a team of 3 F4 members so that when the enemy match your special tiles you get 2 green ap doesn't seems a good enough reason to run this team.

I'd like much more a godly interaction like XDP and WXF.

More protect tiles for each F4 member? Heals them too on yellow? Makes two black tiles that work at same time if there are other two F4 members?
    It is kind of a slap in the face...

-Xpool + XVerine = good synergy

-HEY WERE A FAMILY HERES SOME AP = I guess you have more ap now?

I think the deeper issue is we need to address how **** Sue is - torch would possibly-hypothetically be fine as a 4*. Thing is in a good place.

Cap + Cap work well together. Cap + Falcon work well together. Iron Fist + luke cage work well together.

But, I'm only spitting in the wind here....D3 doesn't change characters anymore, they just release new ones and new versions....
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just make IW's yellowflag.png into purpleflag.png. It will match Professor X's similar ability and give F4 the much needed purple for rainbow family coverage. It just seems silly that this was overlooked.. It's as if they purposely made it bad like the movie.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Just make IW's yellowflag.png into purpleflag.png. It will match Professor X's similar ability and give F4 the much needed purple for rainbow family coverage. It just seems silly that this was overlooked.. It's as if they purposely made it bad like the movie.

That removes the only active yellow, would be better to make reeds blueflag.png into purpleflag.png
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:

That removes the only active yellow, would be better to make reeds blueflag.png into purpleflag.png

Maybe Bagman will be a part of the "Family" so we can use his Purple. Too bad Switcheroo is the worst ability in the game! But his Snarky Remark would work well with Reed's black.
  • Billigoat
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    ...this character heals for 409 and generates 1 Green AP for each other <Hero Family> member on the team.
    Just in case I'm missing something... the reason people are certain this is Reeds is because 'Family' is used here? icon_neutral.gif

Was there a hint in the update? Spoiler? Rumor he was going to be released or something?
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    Hint in the update, and rumor, and there's no other hero family in the game where every existing member can benefit from generating green AP.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Billigoat wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    ...this character heals for 409 and generates 1 Green AP for each other <Hero Family> member on the team.
    Just in case I'm missing something... the reason people are certain this is Reeds is because 'Family' is used here? icon_neutral.gif

Was there a hint in the update? Spoiler? Rumor he was going to be released or something?

Latest patch notes preview:
    Expanding mind and body to protect family...
  • Malcrof
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Latest patch notes preview:
    Expanding mind and body to protect family...

4* Walter White!! I knew it!
  • kuribosshoe
    Options
    I know he isn't for everybody but I love this character. The synergy he has with my go-to team of loki and torch is amazing.