**** Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards) **** Updated (1/10/19)

Options

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Latest patch notes preview:
    Expanding mind and body to protect family...

4* Walter White!! I knew it!
    Warning: Adult language contained in spoiler image
    youre-****-right-heisenberg-gif.png
  • Some poeple really think it could be someone else, we can't blame them for not looking into leaked information. But at same time the staff comes up in the forum, gives the only important part of the character (stats and powers) but won't say who it is. If it was a surprise for everyone I would be OK with it, but it's not like knowing the character identity would change something in the gameplay.

We alredy knew about Reed and the next 4* even before Cap Falcon official announcement.
  • You may have, I wasn't sure about it till the patch note clue. But the clue is a dead give away.

And his yellow should still be purple. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Latest patch notes preview:
    Expanding mind and body to protect family...
    [/quote]

If it is a FF family member, has anyone considered this could maybe be Franklin Richards? I know it's an odd choice but if you consider his abilities that he hasn't fully tapped into, it could be him. Maybe we have to think beyond the physical realm when it says expanding mind and body. I haven't read FF comics recently and really don't know about Franklin's development of his powers currently. I do know he was instrumental in saving the heroes against Onslaught, creating an alternate reality or world where he kept them safe, doing so," to protect family". And then the only time we've seen him as an adult was in the classic Days of Future Past by Claremont and Byrne, where he lead the remaining X-Men. I know his abilities does involve the mind which can lead to physical abilities. That above quote could be a play on words. Just my thoughts on this discussion.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I excited about this character but lets cool the jets on the 4 stars for a few months please. It used to be like 5 3 stars for every one 3 star and we have not had a new 3 star since bullseye
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I excited about this character but lets cool the jets on the 4 stars for a few months please. It used to be like 5 3 stars for every one 3 star and we have not had a new 3 star since bullseye

4* is the new end-game play field. It is what 3* was at this time last year. Wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

3* est mort, vive le 4*!
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

4* is the new end-game play field. It is what 3* was at this time last year. Wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

3* est mort, vive le 4*!

Yeah lets make the game really stale for most of the player base by releasing 4 stars over and over and maybe the people who don't drop hundreds of dollars will get 3-4 covers and have to buy a roster slot for someone that will be unusable for like half a year. I have been playing since almost day one and I have 1 fully covered 4 star (I had to buy covers for him too) and finally got prof x to usable. The rest of my 4 stars are just taking up space. It has been so long since a 3 star has been released I almost have all of them fully covered.

This new release campaign is making it really hard to justify spending money on the game.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Assuming it's Reed, I would have expected an ability that targets random tiles to represent his stretchiness. Similar to KK's Inhuman Stretchiness or Carnage Rules. Or given Reed's genius, maybe an ability that can target invisible tiles, like Trap tiles, Charles' and Sue's Invisible tiles, and the endearing Caltrops

That would of been cool if he had a Passive attached to one of his abilities that allowed him to see invisible tiles as you stated above or even give BETTER hints to what the best match is instead of the CPU tile-suggestion that ends up giving the opponent a 5-match lol
  • Thanos....to go with gamora.

*snicker*

After the latest f4 movie, I'd want to avoid going into that well at all.
  • hesjingixen
    hesjingixen Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This particular character doesn't make me super excited (what's with all the protect tiles lately?), but I really like the idea of hero families. I think that could make for some cool synergies in the future.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This particular character doesn't make me super excited (what's with all the protect tiles lately?), but I really like the idea of hero families. I think that could make for some cool synergies in the future.
    I like the idea of a buff for team competition but this character kind of week compared to the 4* out there. His stun is nice and can save you from a nuke, but his passive is poor for the team with a max of 3 green earned. The problem is you don't want to run a full FF team because they all use the same colors. Thing and Jonny are primarily red and green. IW clashes with this character with blue and IW green is useless without her blue. If he is the last man standing it will be real hard to win the battle.
    His black also seems week for a 4*. Vision does more damage with his blue than this 4* can do and the are both CD tiles. If you don't have enough green red yellow on the board it is useless. I don't expect to see this character in PVP at all even when buffed. I think he has potential, but overall he is just a little bit light compared to current 4* and there powers.
    What could make him better would be his passive worked if the player matched a special tile as well. If I could match a special tile for green AP that would be useful. If black did more damage say 1200-1500 then he would be solid. As is meh. There are much better 4* to work on
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love how people use to rail against the release of too many 3* characters, and now people are begging for it.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    I love how people use to rail against the release of too many 3* characters, and now people are begging for it.
    Lesser of two evils.
  • eidehua wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Lesser of two evils.
    but are there really only two evils, you have to ask yourself
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Were they saying, "Stop releasing so many 3*s and give us more 4*s", or were they saying "Stop releasing so many new characters!". Pretty sure it was the latter, so nothing has really changed.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Updated the post with full character information. Will have his icon up momentarily.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I hope extended "family" counts.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Yes. If Bag-Man makes it onto the field with Reed, he'll earn the team AP when Yellow procs.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ****GASP!!!!!!!*****

Mr. Fantastic?! Who would ever have guessed this secret identity?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Yes. If Bag-Man makes it onto the field with Reed, he'll earn the team AP when Yellow procs.

Can I also note the She-Hulk was a member of the Fantastic Four for a long time, as well?