With the 5* transition, who's your favorite 5*?

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    My favourite star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character is me.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    My favourite star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character is me.
    some1s not had any love for a while...
  • Glad that Disney owns both Marvel & Star Wars now. I've been waiting for 5* Vader:
    Red: Lightsaber Slash - 10k damage and stuns enemy team for 1 turn per red AP.
    Black: Force Crush - Instant Kill if opponent has greater than 1% health.
    Blue: There is Still Good in You - Steals all enemy AP.

(Not the 1* prequel series one that only has the "brooding" and "legs cut off" powers, though he'll probably wind up as an essential.)
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    I'm so angry that I spent HP on 3* covers that are now handed out like candy when completing any battle.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    ZootSax wrote:
    Speaking of this, why did they make 5* Moonstone just a lazy version of the 2* one? It seemed like an odd choice for a new tier...

To be fair, I think it was because they wanted to see her Gravity Warp in her new outfit.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Magisse wrote:
    Glad that Disney owns both Marvel & Star Wars now. I've been waiting for 5* Vader:
    Red: Lightsaber Slash - 10k damage and stuns enemy team for 1 turn per red AP.
    Black: Force Crush - Instant Kill if opponent has greater than 1% health.
    Blue: There is Still Good in You - Steals all enemy AP.

(Not the 1* prequel series one that only has the "brooding" and "legs cut off" powers, though he'll probably wind up as an essential.)

I don't care how badly I wanted a puzzle quest with Vader, nothing is worth seeing every other team in PvP using a max covered Jar Jar. His 10 AP ability to restart the battle means that if you don't kill him fast, he can trap you in an annoying match that just seems to never end. Worse still, is every time he makes a match he says one of his catch phrases... even when your phone is on silent. Add in his passive ability to cause "accidentee" cascades in his favor once led to a 7 minute long cascade where my phone kept spouting "oopsie-daisy" and "yousa people gonna die?"
  • I have no complaints. I mean, after all, everything D3 does is perfect. icon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I love my 5* Kitty Pryde. Her passive purple is amazing. Completely nulifies all damage except match fives. Pair her with Gambit who's passive does 6k dmg aoe anytime any player makes a match 5 and Black suit Spiderman who does 4k dmg aoe whenever anyone makes a match of 4 or more and the enemy team is afraid to do anything.
  • shuma gorath

toddler silvermane

spider-raptor
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just fed up of all the newbies coming on here complaining about the iso from nodes. Listen kids, when I started up we'd get 1 award then likely a 20 iso the second time round. Now it's 40 iso! 40! I'd've bitten your hand off for that!
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I hate that PC users are still screwed out of the "Defeat Jonah Jameson!" PvE because we can't just use our cameraphones to submit pics before deadline. How am I supposed to get his 20-count Slow Burn redflag.png cover like all the iGrinders have?

Still, I grinded with Peggy Carter/Killer Croc/Klaw and rattled off a Smashing Baby-Gator Roll-Sonic Destroyer-Gator Roll chain with Howling Commandos Team-Up, and only about 2,000 health left.

Thank goodness those sequels were about to come out next week, or I wouldn't have had any pre-nerfed characters to use.

It was almost as bad as the essay section of the "Analyze This" Ultimate Moonstone 14-day, three session, event. And my HMO only covered the first two sessions.
  • I love using Molecule Man and breaking people's precious 500 hp shields in PvP. He can also cut Silver Surfers, Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man's damage in half. I think he might get nerfed though.

Anyone else having trouble with the level 600 Gorgon, Wolverine, and 3 goon waves? Even with 5* Squirrel Girl this new PvE format with 5 enemies all at once is killer.

You'd think they'd up the HP for winning events.
  • Oh yeah, have you heard how they're going to nerf all 4*s so that they're worse than 3*s but you have to have all 4* so that you can compete in PvP next week?

Dirty move. Also if you haven't checked the forum, 7 5*s are going to be hit with the nerfhammer a week.

On the plus side, a weeklong 5* DDQ is finally happening.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:
    Wonder when 5* Jamie Madrox is coming... you can use him in every spot on the same team!

On one hand, it's a clever mechanic that you can take 3 of 5* Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) into a match and get 3x the effects from the same 10 AP yellowflag.png but on the other hand -- ROSTER SLOTS, devs, ROSTER SLOTS. It's such a cheap cash grab to make us pay for 3 roster slots for 1 character, but the top-10 elite players were all running full teams of maxed JM from the moment his PVE intro started anyway.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    CT1888 wrote:
    I'm just fed up of all the newbies coming on here complaining about the iso from nodes. Listen kids, when I started up we'd get 1 award then likely a 20 iso the second time round. Now it's 40 iso! 40! I'd've bitten your hand off for that!

Luxury. We used to dream of getting 20 ISO. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah. All just for the privilege of thinking about looking at a phone that someone else was using to play MPQ.
  • I've been thinking about respeccing 4*Elsa to include 5 points in Frozen Wasteland. I'd do this to try to compete with Galactus and Onslaught one-shotting my entire roster on their first move. I really don't understand D3's inconsistency with characters, especially with The Watcher creating 5 sub-games in every match. It just makes PVP take FOREVER, just to have Dark Phoenix insta-win and permanently remove half of my roster when the main game resumes. And the worst part is, she's removed my memories of who I had slotted before the match, so I just keep making the same mistakes!

Ever since Apple bought Disney, everything has been going downhill (but Avengers 6 was still a really good movie).
  • This is getting ridiculous. Will somebody please nerf 5 star.png Miss Piggy? Her blueflag.png HIII-YAAA! attack does more damage per AP than Elsa's and Galactus' attacks combined. That's not fair. And don't tell me it's all the Random Number Generator's fault only the top 2 players in the PVE got her blue. You knew it was OP, and you made sure we'd have to buy packs to get her.

I'm sick of this game.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I'd go with Thanos as my favorite 5*, and I don't even know much about him, other than he seems to be super powerful. He should have 6 abilities, one for each color.

Perfect thread to troll out those fantasy covers on ... icon_lol.gif

ODvQoQTb9SPCWHbOD09oihSOsw8VZURdkrZ8vx__oSM=w544-h815-no

He definitely should have six powers, one for each infinity gem. Instead of black the gem is orange but we can make a small change icon_razz.gif

Green - soul - Thanos removes the soul of the enemy in front. The enemy automatically dies. 7Ap
    Orange - time - Thanos uses time powers to play another turn after this one. 4Ap
    Purple - space - Thanos uses his space powers to move any 5 tiles in the board to any position he wants. 6Ap
    Blue - mind - Thanos uses mind powers, he stuns the other team for 4 turns. 5Ap
    Yellow - reality - Thanos bends reality to his purpose, he steals all special tiles for 5Ap. (Passive) Everyturn he creates a strike tile of 200 in any tile he selects.
    Red - power - Thanos launches an incredible attack, for 7Ap he does 10000 to everyone

HP 50000 Max tile 150

What do you think, mighty enough? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    Already, this is one of the best threads in this forum. Imagine how truly hilarious it's going to be when it actually happens.
  • When this game stop getting new players and stop making money. 5 stars will be D3 last source of incoming. Whale the whales, end of MPQ.

Hulk (Worldbreaker)
    Deadpool (Herald of Galactus)