With the 5* transition, who's your favorite 5*?

124»

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Polares wrote:
    He definitely should have six powers, one for each infinity gem. Instead of black the gem is orange but we can make a small change icon_razz.gif

HP 50000 Max tile 150

What do you think, mighty enough? icon_e_biggrin.gif

People have been complaining that he only has three covers ever since he was launched, but I like how they implemented the single cover to unleash attacks for all of the colors. At 5 covers, this is his infinity gauntlet power:

Infinity Gauntlet - 1 yellowtile.png AP
    Thanos pulls out the infinity gauntlet and uses the powers of the gems. All of the following occurs:
      If you have at least 7
    greentile.png AP, consume 7 greentile.png AP and down all enemies with less than 50% max health;
    if you have at least 4 blacktile.png AP, consume 4 blacktile.png AP and stun the enemy team for 1 turn;
    if you have at least 6 purpletile.png AP, consume 6 purpletile.png AP and choose 5 pairs of tiles to swap;
    if you have at least 5 bluetile.png AP, consume 5 bluetile.png AP and steal 2 AP of every color;
    if you have at least 5 yellowtile.png AP, steal all enemy strike, protect, and attack tiles and buff them by X;
    if you have at least 7 redtile.png AP, consume all redtile.png AP and deal X damage to all enemies for every 7 redtile.png AP consumed.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    GMadMan040 wrote:
    Already, this is one of the best threads in this forum. Imagine how truly hilarious it's going to be when it actually happens.

There could be a reason why we still not have a Thanos (waiting for the movies), but Silver Surfer? If there is any five in the horizon they must be these two, and this is why we dont have them already.

Thanos is a 5 without the Gauntlet. Galaktus is a 6. Thanos with the gauntlet is a 7 icon_razz.gif
  • I really like the 5-star "Lazy Squirrel Girl". She just wrecks EVERYone.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    I really like the 5-star "Lazy Squirrel Girl". She just wrecks EVERYone.
    so...many...nuts....
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Phantron wrote:
    I'd go with Thanos as my favorite 5*, and I don't even know much about him, other than he seems to be super powerful. He should have 6 abilities, one for each color.

Perfect thread to troll out those fantasy covers on ... icon_lol.gif

ODvQoQTb9SPCWHbOD09oihSOsw8VZURdkrZ8vx__oSM=w544-h815-no
    true MPQ fashion all power character maxed sells for a fraction of the cost to level up and for only 1000 spideycoin.png well played
  • Heartburn wrote:
    true MPQ fashion all power character maxed sells for a fraction of the cost to level up and for only 1000 spideycoin.png well played

[ Disclaimer: This post is satirical and should not be confused as being written by a D3 employee ]

We're disappointed you feel this way, as that price was our special one-time bonus buyback, up from 10,000 ISO, and our buyback statistics indicate players really enjoy the increased buyback amount as we've had a significant increase in players taking advantage of the buyback offer as a result. We understand some people are disappointed with our Thanos rebalance, but we feel it will be helpful for the game in the long run. Also, we know how much you enjoyed our recent Silver Surfer and Ultron 5* releases, so we've decided to go forward with something we've been discussing internally for a while now.

Since players have been complaining about the lack of ways to earn 5*'s, we've decided that we'll be releasing a second 5* Thanos, "Dark Thanos", along with 5* Magneto and 5* Lazy Yelena in the next couple weeks, starting 5 days apart. Events will each last 14-days as always. We believe the increased pace will make for a more exciting play experience, and give players more opportunities to earn 5*'s. We'll have to look at the numbers for cover and token sales, but we'll probably be making these changes permanent.

There've also been some complaints about the roulette wheel effect on our tokens, so we've gone ahead and replaced it with a slot machine and changed the drop tables so the 300 items are shared between the entire player base. Any players who miss an item that's already been taken will be blessed with 20 ISO rewards in their place. We understand some players will not like these changes, but we felt it was unfair not to make token pulls competitive since every other aspect of the game is. We're also considering changing the Stark salary to decrease in payout as the week goes on in proportion to how many people have already bought it. We feel this will encourage players to feel that they got value for their money, and initial focus testing suggests they find this mechanic extremely fun and rewarding.

This is all for now, and we hope you're all enjoying your MPQ experience.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to resurrect this awesome post. Who would of thought that a few weeks later that 5*'s would actually be announced as true !
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    We want you to know that we care about your feedback and hope you enjoy these changes. As always, get excited for our next two 5* releases, Ultron and Silver Surfer, with events starting a week apart.

The fact that you called it at the very beginning is actually kinda nifty.
  • When they finish 5* bagman, he will be my fav.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    My favourite 5* so far is Apocalypse. His purple that allows you to go back in time to previous versus events is the mutts nuts. I spent £18,000 on 40 packs to ensure I had him maxed on day one.
  • I feel bad for the folks who are going to look at this thread in January of 2016 and not realize how hilarious it is because 73% of the jokes look like Nostradamus-like prophecy.
  • Polares wrote:
    HP 50000 Max tile 150

What do you think, mighty enough? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Funny how this is lower than the live value.