With the 5* transition, who's your favorite 5*?

Comments

• Furious1
    Furious1 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Furious1 wrote:
    I am still working on my transition to 3* and have a handful of 4* covers that I am still working but I just got a 5* Spider-ham. Should I discard and focus on my 3* or buy more roster spots and add this cover even though I am still over a year away from starting my 4* transition?

Sorry to go slightly off track here, but with over 50 **** characters and 15 ***** characters so far, why am I still only getting ** covers from vaults and rewards?
    Simple: because D3 wants you to buy more drop chance boosters with hp. You just need a couple to guarantee a 3*, and it's a bit cheaper than buying the cover directly.

Darn, well I guess I need to increase my budget to $80 a paycheck to fund this transition. Maybe one day I will be able to compete in PVP with you guys. I'm on day 284 and these weekly character releases are putting me further and further behind.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Galactus is pretty rad. His world eater skill just clears the entire board like Iron hammer, but no countdown, and generates ap for tiles destroyed. Summon silver Surfer as a fourth character is also handy. And his heal works on characters who are downed. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Furious1 wrote:
    Edit: Sorry to ask another question, but I see 5***** Bucky Barnes (Captain America) is a 3000 point progressive reward in current PVP event. Do you any of think I can score that many with my transitioning 3* roster?

Sorry, I just don't think clearing 1,500 is possible unless you are buying a ton of those new 75 imcoin.png 15 minute shields that don't break even while in a match.

If you didn't win his OPed Winter Soldier blueflag.png cover by placing top 5 in his PvP and you didn't buy any packs during his 'Winter is Coming' PvP when his drop rate was all the way up to 0.04% (contrast that with his 'boosted' drop rate in the recent 'Lords of Asgard' PvE, which was 0.008%) and you pretty much don't stand a chance of earning him with the 1/1/1 level 150 loaner. I remortgaged my house and bought 25 of those 42 packs before I managed to get all three of his covers.
  • AaronTheLuigi
    AaronTheLuigi Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Why is Willie Lumpkin (Classic) a joke? His purpleflag.png is WAYYY too over-costed for being marginally better than icon_quicksilver.pngblackflag.png , and his blueflag.png is a weaker Dormammu's Aid (Not to be confused with Dormammu's Aides for star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Dormammu). Not to mention he didn't even get the health buff in the last update almost everyone else got. There's no reason any star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png who isn't icon_ironman.png or icon_devildino.png should have more health. Now the newest spoiler thread is saying Demiurge may vault him and he'll go the way of Bag-Man/Dino. Thanks for vaulting the only decently covered star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png I have.

At least I've finally built up 1000 more imcoin.png to house 5 star.png Kate Barton just in time for her essential sub in the Juggernaut: Heroic starting tomorrow. (LV.500 headbutts, ouch)

EDIT: To stay on topic, I'm loving star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png Red Hulk (Symbiote of Vengeance). The Pennance Stare-to-Symbiote Smash combo is amazing, and is a perfect opener to Man-Thing's blackflag.png .
  • I'm just happy I finally got Speedball, even if he is a 2 star.png
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anniversary week finally gave us 5* Howard the Duck. I will be buying tokens like crazy to cover him especially since he won't be in the progression rewards. Finally the 42 pack will be cheaper than buying covers. 5000 HP for one 5* is getting crazy.
  • Furious1
    Level 400 good God that would such to see in a PVP lol icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we really talking about this? We still only get a max of two 5* covers from any given PvP event, and not like anyone but Spider-Ham and 5* Moonstone ever shows up in PvP. At least they didn't screw Spider-Ham up...
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    El Satanno wrote:
    At least they didn't screw Spider-Ham up...

You just can't fail with bacon XD
  • chill21genlee
    chill21genlee Posts: 61 Match Maker
    my 5 star zombie cap just ate all my 2 stars...this is weird..anyone else have this happen?
    plus side i have extra roster slots now but the devs have been zero help...
    i thought i got so lucky when i spent that extra 400 bucks to hit on the .000003 chance..but now im not so sure

ps he didnt eat bag man for some reason...strange
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    my 5 star zombie cap just ate all my 2 stars...this is weird..anyone else have this happen?
    plus side i have extra roster slots now but the devs have been zero help...
    i thought i got so lucky when i spent that extra 400 bucks to hit on the .000003 chance..but now im not so sure

ps he didnt eat bag man for some reason...strange

Same thing happened to me. I PMed support and all they said was something about how I didn't have Crossover Ash in my roster because I didn't score top 5 in the Army of Darkness PvE.
  • I just can't stand going against 5* Jubilee!!!! She converts 10 random tiles to yellow every time I match red, such an awful passive since it only take 6 yellow to activate her strongest power with her gloves for a whopping 8,000 aoe team damage. I guess i can't use cyclops or Hulkbuster against her. icon_e_sad.gif

ETA: she does pair very well with 5* Thanos. The ultimate solution to go against Hulkbuster/fist teams. Time to spend a $3000 so that I can crush fist/Hulkbuster teams.
  • Looking forward to the upcoming release of Franklin Richards tomorrow, to pair him up with my Valeria Richards who was released yesterday
    I'm really, really not looking forward to facing off against Franklin; I'm especially fearful that I might accidentally forget to switch out Galactus when going up against Franklin. That "To Me, My Galactus" skill is bad enough on its own, I don't need to makes things more difficult by giving Franklin control over my team's Galactus for the rest of the match.
  • GMadMan040
    GMadMan040 Posts: 207
    Wait...so...5* Uncle Ben (Septuagenarian) was an anniversary only character? So because I missed part of it, I'll be stuck with this one meaningless purpleflag.png Age Negation cover (that cost me 3200HP to roster) forever with no hopes of getting the blueflag.png Old Prime Wisdom and blackflag.png Death Sense covers needed to fire it off?
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    tanis3303 wrote:
    This is just a rumor I heard, but in the upcoming Secret Wars event, there are 5 boss-like battles vs the Beyonder, and for each win you get a different infinity gem. If you manage to get them all, you can bring the Infinity Gauntlet into a fight once per day and it allows you to program the initial board layout! Gonna be necessary so you can down 5* Loki on turn 1, since he steals 2 AP whenever you make a basic match-3...
    That's at four covers, actually. At five he steals 3 AP whenever you make a match. You need lots of five-matches - let's just hope that he isn't paired with Dark Phoenix this time.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    After I bought my 40 pack, which I buy daily since a couple of mounth, for 15000 HP with a high 5* drop chance of 0,3% instead of ridiculous common 0,2%, I was lucky and get my 10th cover for Thanos and paired him with Dark Phoenix and World War Hulk to only get a epic fail against Agent Coulson/Pepper Potts/Aunt May... Why on earth has Coulson a better "Avengers Assemble AOE" then Fury???
  • action711
    action711 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    I've already started saving my ISO for the Janet Jackson 5*, her pink PTT (pop the tit) move downs the enemies' whole roster for 24hrs!
  • Furious1
    action711 wrote:
    I've already started saving my ISO for the Janet Jackson 5*, her pink PTT (pop the tit) move downs the enemies' whole roster for 24hrs!

I thought that ability just stunned the whole enemy team for 5 turns. Did they buff it already? I demand a nerf!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    Are we really talking about this? We still only get a max of two 5* covers from any given PvP event, and not like anyone but Spider-Ham and 5* Moonstone ever shows up in PvP. At least they didn't screw Spider-Ham up...

Speaking of this, why did they make 5* Moonstone just a lazy version of the 2* one? It seemed like an odd choice for a new tier...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm just peeved that they're finally giving us a Gambit next week, and he's going to be a 1*!! Why are they still wasting time making 1*'s when they still haven't fixed scaling?