With the 5* transition, who's your favorite 5*?

Unknown
edited September 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
[ Disclaimer: this post is meant as a mildly satirical poke at D3 to make them rethink effort / reward structures and competitive / non-competitive elements ]

So now that we've entered the 5* transition, which of your characters are your favorite ( we always like to keep this in mind, as it's a primary factor that helps us decide to rebalance a character )? In addition, we understand and care about player fatigue, so that's why we're asking players for feedback on how they like the current structure of 14-day events for your chance to win your first cover for each new 5*. We've also reduced ISO costs on 5*'s from 3,000,000 to 2,500,000, and rebalanced so it only 1,000,000 to level them to 280 (the rest taking them from 280 to 400 ).

We felt PvP targets were likewise off for our 5*'s so we reduced the maximum points gained per matched and shifted the progression reward down from 2500 to 1800.

We want you to know that we care about your feedback and hope you enjoy these changes. As always, get excited for our next two 5* releases, Ultron and Silver Surfer, with events starting a week apart.

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fun post, until i saw who the 5*s were, time to sit out some events.. was hoping for Thanos and Mole Man.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    I really love Jean Grey (Dark Phoenix) but I'm super worried that blackflag.png that does 18000 AOE is going to get nerfed and I just spent 5000 hp on that last cover.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm happy with the 4* DDQ but when will we get a 5* DDQ? Maybe we can do a monthly event similar to the recent Age of Apocalypse event where we won 5* Cable.

I am just so tired of this.. we need better ways to earn 5*'s. These 14-day events are killing us especially since you have to place T50 to win just 1 cover! I already have enough 4*s and stop giving us 3*'s!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the 5* range the Old man Logan covers and animations look really good but Thanos takes way too long to fire off any abilities. He has the infinity rings he should be able to kill everyone for 9 AP
  • Malcrof
    wymtime wrote:
    From the 5* range the Old man Logan covers and animations look really good but Thanos takes way too long to fire off any abilities. He has the infinity rings he should be able to kill everyone for 9 AP

Hard getting covers for each color gem though.. i agree they should lower the collective "gauntlet" power to 9ap once you have at least 1 cover in each gem color.
  • I really love Jean Grey (Dark Phoenix) but I'm super worried that blackflag.png that does 18000 AOE is going to get nerfed and I just spent 5000 hp on that last cover.

Her blackflag.png is definitely getting nerfed. I give it a month, tops. PVP has been dominated by Phoenix/Thanos/SquirrelGirl5* for the past few months. That's all you see in the top ten.
    As always, get excited for our next two 5* releases, Ultron and Silver Surfer, with events starting a week apart.

I'm SO excited they're finally releasing Ultron. Not thrilled about Surf-bag, but I've already requested the week off work when the two events overlap. Almost got fired last time! lol
  • It's academic for me, since I missed the initial roll-out of 5* Star-Lord (why is Star-Lord a 5*? Nobody knows.), and he was essential when they gave out Thanos, and now that 1* characters are essential, I just never seem to have all five characters for any one event.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    (RIP to anyone who didnt read the first post thoroughly icon_lol.gif I love this thread!)
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's academic for me, since I missed the initial roll-out of 5* Star-Lord (why is Star-Lord a 5*? Nobody knows.), and he was essential when they gave out Thanos, and now that 1* characters are essential, I just never seem to have all five characters for any one event.

It didn't help that you needed 2* Drax for the essential to score points to win 5* Star Lord. No one wants 2* Drax! I already have 100 slots!

Plus it's quite annoying how 5* Star Lord is basically a carbon copy of his 4* but with better stats. This is how the 4* should of been to begin with!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Can we please talk about the major rollouts in the most recent patch?

Seriously, it doesn't matter that maxed 5* characters are doing 1350 damage per AP when every character just got 40% more health. Unboosted, they aren't better than boosted 4*s, they just have 30,000 health.

And to add insult to injury, ever since the anniversary we are now bringing four characters into every battle and they nerfed AoE attacks to compensate. So now everyone is running 5 cover X-Enforcer with Uncle Ben, pretty much forcing you into killing everyone with basic match damage.

It isn't uncommon for a 'quick' PvP match to be 15 minutes long. And if you manage to climb over anyone, you become such a high value target that you take 15+ hits. God forbid your opponent bring in Elixer.
  • Malcrof
    Buret0 wrote:
    Can we please talk about the major rollouts in the most recent patch?

Seriously, it doesn't matter that maxed 5* characters are doing 1350 damage per AP when every character just got 40% more health. Unboosted, they aren't better than boosted 4*s, they just have 30,000 health.

And to add insult to injury, ever since the anniversary we are now bringing four characters into every battle and they nerfed AoE attacks to compensate. So now everyone is running 5 cover X-Enforcer with Uncle Ben, pretty much forcing you into killing everyone with basic match damage.

It isn't uncommon for a 'quick' PvP match to be 15 minutes long. And if you manage to climb over anyone, you become such a high value target that you take 15+ hits. God forbid your opponent bring in Elixer.

Which is why the Battleworld tiles are so important to build as soon as you can.. those abilities are better than any team up you can be sent.
  • Unknown
    edited August 2015
    As slow as Thanos is, all he needs is Dormammu as partner and you are done. If you are unlucky enough to not steal the entire red pool from a Dark Phoenix by the time she can fire it (or the AI gets a red cascade and gets an extra turn) you can still use Dormammu black and stun their team. The 5 free turns should be enough drain the other colors and they are a sitting duck again. I mean, -5 a color per turn should be enough.
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Just wait until they releas Death and Galactus. You know this will happen. Unless they will be 6* (You know this will happen as well icon_razz.gif). You will no longer see any other character in top 100 icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Deilinvega wrote:
    Just wait until they releas Death and Galactus. You know this will happen. Unless they will be 6* (You know this will happen as well icon_razz.gif). You will no longer see any other character in top 100 icon_e_surprised.gif

I heard that they were going to be releasing the alternate universe characters as 6*s, but after turul got banned for trying to leak info about the alliance v alliance PvP, no one knows whether the rumors are true.
  • I'd go with Thanos as my favorite 5*, and I don't even know much about him, other than he seems to be super powerful. He should have 6 abilities, one for each color.
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Actually... I wouldn't mind Death as a character. I would put her in a team with Deadpool. Especially if she would do something like that https://youtu.be/LCWGf-ptiuw?t=14m14s (up to 14:32) with the board icon_lol.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    This is just a rumor I heard, but in the upcoming Secret Wars event, there are 5 boss-like battles vs the Beyonder, and for each win you get a different infinity gem. If you manage to get them all, you can bring the Infinity Gauntlet into a fight once per day and it allows you to program the initial board layout! Gonna be necessary so you can down 5* Loki on turn 1, since he steals 2 AP whenever you make a basic match-3...
  • Malcrof
    Wonder when 5* Jamie Madrox is coming... you can use him in every spot on the same team!
  • Furious1
    Furious1 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2015
    I am still working on my transition to 3* and have a handful of 4* covers that I am still working but I just got a 5* Spider-ham. Should I discard and focus on my 3* or buy more roster spots and add this cover even though I am still over a year away from starting my 4* transition?

Sorry to go slightly off track here, but with over 50 **** characters and 15 ***** characters so far, why am I still only getting ** covers from vaults and rewards?

Edit: Sorry to ask another question, but I see 5***** Bucky Barnes (Captain America) is a 3000 point progressive reward in current PVP event. Do you any of think I can score that many with my transitioning 3* roster?
  • Furious1 wrote:
    I am still working on my transition to 3* and have a handful of 4* covers that I am still working but I just got a 5* Spider-ham. Should I discard and focus on my 3* or buy more roster spots and add this cover even though I am still over a year away from starting my 4* transition?

Sorry to go slightly off track here, but with over 50 **** characters and 15 ***** characters so far, why am I still only getting ** covers from vaults and rewards?
    Simple: because D3 wants you to buy more drop chance boosters with hp. You just need a couple to guarantee a 3*, and it's a bit cheaper than buying the cover directly.