PVE Unstable ISO-8 (Aug 20-25)

Options
1235»

Comments

• dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    So assuming a 900 point lead over 3rd and hitting 8 hr refreshes, and what point can I safely grind the nodes to 1 and walk away? 4 hours left, 3 hours? Been a tight bracket, and I managed to get the early lead in sub 1 thankfully. 4 out of 6 hard nodes being goons, should make the final grind less problematic.

Final sub is 4740 points, so you can safely start about 1.5 hrs earlier than third place and still have more points (assuming you both go to 1).
  • 96th with just under 5 hours to go. Aiming for Iron Fist so I think I'm comfortable to stop playing here. Not confident enough not to check it every few minutes though.
  • Not sure what happened for me this time around.

I'll be lucky if I can break the T200 for the increased HP, and that's with semi-perfect clears throughout (within an hour of perfect) and 2 of 3 essentials. Barely breaking T300 in subs.

I did hit my final progression last night (ends tonight @ 11) so there's that, and it looks like my scaling might have calmed down a bit in the final sub...

DBC
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Give people idea at least in my bracket needed to score 24500 pts min to hold my slot was 18th after the 2nd stage ended and took 18th overall

stage 1 11.5
    stage 2 23,000 (2 day event)
    stage 3 24,500 1 day eent

to get that many pts had to grind all nods down to under 50 pts

thats what happens when its all goon nodes
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hooray! My 43194 netted me 108th place, which of course granted me that tasty green Mr. Fist. Then, opening a heroic, I pulled a black Mr. Fist! Best token day in weeks. My 3/5/5 Fist is ready to start wrecking faces.
  • Grantosium wrote:
    Get the feeling more people want Iron Fist than Captain Falcon.
    considering how the first bleeping sub went, I'd hope so

Finished The Americas on stream in case anyone wants to see the lowdown. Didn't really go over the nodes like I'd normally do since they were easy and I was time crunched.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dkffiv wrote:
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    So assuming a 900 point lead over 3rd and hitting 8 hr refreshes, and what point can I safely grind the nodes to 1 and walk away? 4 hours left, 3 hours? Been a tight bracket, and I managed to get the early lead in sub 1 thankfully. 4 out of 6 hard nodes being goons, should make the final grind less problematic.

Final sub is 4740 points, so you can safely start about 1.5 hrs earlier than third place and still have more points (assuming you both go to 1).

Thanks! I was thinking I would just wait until #3 started climbing and pace him, but the last thing I want to do is risk not enough time to clear everything. Will probably wait until 3 hours left and start going.
  • ZeroKarma wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    ZeroKarma wrote:

Thanks! I was thinking I would just wait until #3 started climbing and pace him, but the last thing I want to do is risk not enough time to clear everything. Will probably wait until 3 hours left and start going.

I started 3 hours out and finished 45 minutes too early. Everything went to 1 which was a first for me.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Finished The Americas on stream in case anyone wants to see the lowdown. Didn't really go over the nodes like I'd normally do since they were easy and I was time crunched.

Do you get many people watching?

It's an...interesting choice of game to stream.
  • raisinbman wrote:

Do you get many people watching?

It's an...interesting choice of game to stream.
    Funny you should ask, recently had a guy and his family watch my stream on their TV. Blew my mind.

I'm really the only streamer for this game, so you could say I have a niche.

I've recently heard of another, but he's a pure whale.

There's lots of folks who come and ask questions so I'm able to provide advice and I've had good feedback from Youtube/twitch so it's valued.

But to answer your question, no, I don't get many people watching, but it's fun to do. It takes a long time to build a streaming audience and my view have technically improved, used to have 5 people watching me, now it's around 10.
  • 1 hour to go.

47k with some change is rank 100.

Gotta say after the hell that was the first sub, this last sub is positively peaceful.

Edit: Little grinding and ended Rank 115.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yippee. #3 at the end of lunch, 3k behind #2, I managed to get #2 with just shy of 70k. #1 was over 77k. I was pulling away from #3 with a lead of 2500, so took a risk in the last 10 minutes and ran upstairs to barely have time to do the 3 essential nodes for Wolveroach, ending at #240 (same bracket, strangely) on 27013.

Then with the token for finishing top 5 in the last sub, I pulled a yellow Nick Fury. (He's already cover-maxed, but that doesn't change how fortunate the draw was.)

Some events I really like, this is one of them.
  • I managed to squeeze myself to top20, so that was 2 days well spent. Unfortunately I wasn't able to merc myself in a top100 alliance so 2 4* covers was all I got. Even all the event tokens gave me just 2* ****.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Splarne wrote:
    I started 3 hours out and finished 45 minutes too early. Everything went to 1 which was a first for me.

I'm not sure how this is going to conclude.. I hope it ends well for you..

Maybe next time, if you're in a similar situation again, maybe wait a bit to let some of the nodes refresh their points before that last grind to 1.. or just make sure you have a few hundred points lead over 3rd place and not too much and maintain that lead..?

Assuming the other 2 are playing optimally, it sounds like it's a close one to hold on to 2nd place.. especially if that person reads this and realise he might still have a chance to catch up.. very difficult though, 900 pts might be to much to catch up before the final grind..

Hope you don't need to grind the nodes for single digit points in the next 45 minutes.. don't forget that single repeatable node in the main map..

Edit: bolded part

I finished a little early as well. The 900 point lead held up fine. I was going through and hitting 395's one last time for 10-15 points just to be sure, but it wasn't needed. I actually started the sub late by 30 minutes, but the #2 guy inexplicably dropped down to third and that made life easier.

Those 2 guys behind me had 120's and 130's as max levels so there is method to that. But it's really hard to play optimally no matter what you have on your roster. just have to be lucky enough to have the free time and be willing to spend it playing MPQ.