PVE Unstable ISO-8 (Aug 20-25)

Options

Comments

• ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Imagine if they cared as much about new storylines as they did about new characters.

What a wonderful world it would be.
  • Imagine if they cared as much about new storylines as they did about new characters.

alas,
    characters = money

storyline = no money

I'm with you tho
  • X23 wrote:
    lvl 209 Bulleye + 2 Muscle to start off is just brutal icon_evil.gif

Any suggestion how to beat it without having to use 3 healthpack ?

With Moonstone boosted there's no reason not to use her for her Black alone.

I used Moonstone, Steve Rogers and Falcon

I play it twice, it up to lvl 249... Glad community scaling is off.
    I have no moonstone, but I manage to beat it with ease the second time with Falcon + Luke Cage + Iron Fist.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Imagine if they cared as much about new storylines as they did about new characters.

alas,
    characters = money

storyline = no money

I'm with you tho

Well someone had an idea for the devs to sell the old PVEs that stay permanent like the prologue (think of it as DLC). We can use these PVEs to play noncompetitively and farm rewards. This way there's some income in so they can work on new storylines. It's a win-win. I'll happily pay 1500 HP to keep older PVEs.
  • raisinbman wrote:

alas,
    characters = money

storyline = no money

I'm with you tho

Well someone had an idea for the devs to sell the old PVEs that stay permanent like the prologue (think of it as DLC). We can use these PVEs to play noncompetitively and farm rewards. This way there's some income in so they can work on new storylines. It's a win-win. I'll happily pay 1500 HP to keep older PVEs.

at this point they just need to follow the F2P giants and offer skins for $$$ to make $$$..and hopefully some of that will eventually go to PVEs

~~~~~~~

finished artic circle on my stream in case anyone wants to see the layout
  • Malcrof wrote:
    Just read through the old threads.. this is the first time for this event with community scaling off.. wonder how much easier this is going to make it.

I'm not sure about easier, some of the fights are definitely a challenge, but I'm finding that this time around I'm actually enjoying this event. Strange. icon_razz.gif
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone remember if the subs get a lot harder? This sub has been ridiculously easy and I have a sinking feeling that it's a trap! I don't remember pve being this easy in a while.
  • Ruinate
    Options
    X23 wrote:

If you can field them, Cmag/KK/Mohawk slaughters this. Only damage you'll take is from matches.

Cmag/KK/Witch for everything else.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    X23 wrote:

If you can field them, Cmag/KK/Mohawk slaughters this. Only damage you'll take is from matches.

Too bad if a threaten goes off.. bon forbid 2.. that match damage is 4k+
  • Ruinate
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    X23 wrote:

Nah. Not with that kind of board shake. You'll destroy every CD incidentally and they don't even get a turn. 8 red and 8 purple and you're ready to start. Knock out teamup tiles. Convert tiles to green. Lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, super stretchy punch and the game is over.
  • Anyone know if community scaling is back on? This morning I had a node that was 220, now it is labeled as 'Hard' and 294/295/294 for the guys. When I beat it I took significant damage.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, is he more Falcon than Cap? FalCap should have an icon that is 1/2 and 1/2!

I made a quick 1/2 & 1/2 for FalCap, not sure why the background turned black when I copied it, but i'm not spending the time to fix it.

4EZ85EU.png
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    So, is he more Falcon than Cap? FalCap should have an icon that is 1/2 and 1/2!

I made a quick 1/2 & 1/2 for FalCap, not sure why the background turned black when I copied it, but i'm not spending the time to fix it.

4EZ85EU.png
    I like yours better...

icon_captainamerica.png
  • Wintersmith
    Wintersmith Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Ok, the jokes over. May I have my previous scaling back, please?
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:
    X23 wrote:

Nah. Not with that kind of board shake. You'll destroy every CD incidentally and they don't even get a turn. 8 red and 8 purple and you're ready to start. Knock out teamup tiles. Convert tiles to green. Lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning, super stretchy punch and the game is over.

Yeah, this combo failed HARD. As mentioned above a single Threaten went off and ruined the entire match. Wasn't anywhere close to pulling this off with that team.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    barrok wrote:
    Anyone know if community scaling is back on? This morning I had a node that was 220, now it is labeled as 'Hard' and 294/295/294 for the guys. When I beat it I took significant damage.

Both "Too Cold for Comfort" and "Red ISO-8 On The Snow" are labeled as "Hard" for me, I haven't seen a "Hard" node since they turned off community scaling. I haven't overcleared these, either. They went up after my 3rd clear right when they refreshed.

It's worth noting that goon nodes traditionally went up in difficulty a lot faster than other nodes in the past due to community scaling. I haven't seen this since it was turned off (I also don't grind nodes down to 1).
  • Yeah, this combo failed HARD. As mentioned above a single Threaten went off and ruined the entire match. Wasn't anywhere close to pulling this off with that team.
    game is 25% luck, ymmv, etc.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Yeah, this combo failed HARD. As mentioned above a single Threaten went off and ruined the entire match. Wasn't anywhere close to pulling this off with that team.

Wiped with 2 other teams that should have been able to handle this node as well. Spectacular waste of time. Sam Wilson isn't anywhere close to worth this kind of aggravation.
  • raisinbman wrote:

Wiped with 2 other teams that should have been able to handle this node as well. Spectacular waste of time. Sam Wilson isn't anywhere close to worth this kind of aggravation.
    have a feeling the perpetual top 50 will disagree, but w/e floats your boat
  • These nodes where they use yellow to create a tile, and then blow up yellow tiles when the CD ends. Makes XDP's purple pretty much worthless (thanks for making your new guy worthless). Silly game!