PVE Unstable ISO-8 (Aug 20-25)

Options

Comments

• slidecage wrote:
    Grantosium wrote:
    I have seen level 210 goons and Bullseye for the first time in a while. I wiped out and they dropped to just over 160. Wiped with a weaker team on an easier node and they dropped again to just barely over 150. Now that is the type of personal scaling I can get behind!

didnt work for me

You have my sympathy.

I kinda assumed the first drop I saw in levels was a result of community scaling being turned off. 160 is about where the levels tend to be for my final node on most subs. I figure the second wipe triggering another drop was pretty lucky personal scaling.

My concern is if community scaling was accidentally on, it seems like it's only been turned back off for some people. If that's right how can devs justify that? Perhaps affected accounts should get a freebie after the event finishes?
  • I just wish D3 would've fixed it before the weekend was up - last time I checked fixing it 'soon' didn't mean waiting a whole weekend grrr

EDIT: I wasn't sure if I was in a death bracket, but there's Colog, definitely a death bracket rofl
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfrYlJoHKio&feature=youtu.be

Here is the video of Cmag/KK/Mohawk in the Freeze Buddy node. Started from the easiest nodes and by the time I got to this one they were level 325. My highest is 207. 8 minutes long because those damn Bullseye tiles. Used 3x iso boosts. Recorded a second video right after, but I don't think it's worth uploading. Same thing happened. Can, though.

Not sure why you're running KK here. You could just as easily run GSBW and have better control with the green placement, as well as a green AOE that can remove strike tiles. If you use Loki, you then have Trickery to take care of the strike tiles that may pop up from Threaten and turn Bullseye's shields against him.

Between Mags, Storm and Loki, you have 5 board shakes in yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.png, as well as AP denial/generation if you set the opponent up for match 4's that won't let them fire off a big skill. Once you get going, you can generate an inordinate amount of AP and plenty of time to kill 395's even.

9 out of 10 times this will work. The problem is the health. You don't want to run it in PvP. You'll get crushed. And if you lose one of the team, you short circuit quickly. That's the biggest challenge against the heavy hitters. That, and you are relying on Mags to do all of the damage with redflag.pngblueflag.png
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Here is the video of Cmag/KK/Mohawk in the Freeze Buddy node. Started from the easiest nodes and by the time I got to this one they were level 325. My highest is 207. 8 minutes long because those damn Bullseye tiles. Used 3x iso boosts. Recorded a second video right after, but I don't think it's worth uploading. Same thing happened. Can, though.

Not sure why you're running KK here. You could just as easily run GSBW and have better control with the green placement, as well as a green AOE that can remove strike tiles. If you use Loki, you then have Trickery to take care of the strike tiles that may pop up from Threaten and turn Bullseye's shields against him.

Between Mags, Storm and Loki, you have 5 board shakes in yellowflag.pngredflag.pngblueflag.pnggreenflag.pngpurpleflag.png, as well as AP denial/generation if you set the opponent up for match 4's that won't let them fire off a big skill. Once you get going, you can generate an inordinate amount of AP and plenty of time to kill 395's even.

9 out of 10 times this will work. The problem is the health. You don't want to run it in PvP. You'll get crushed. And if you lose one of the team, you short circuit quickly. That's the biggest challenge against the heavy hitters. That, and you are relying on Mags to do all of the damage with redflag.pngblueflag.png

I am very familiar with Mag Loki Storm. I love it.

I don't know what strike tiles you are talking about, though. There weren't any.
  • ZeroKarma
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    ZeroKarma wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

I am very familiar with Mag Loki Storm. I love it.

I don't know what strike tiles you are talking about, though. There weren't any.

Sorery, can't watch the video. China is not friends with YouTube, andeven through VPN it's terribly slow. Just assuming that a threaten goes off, you can turn them in your favor.
  • also, does it bother anyone else that professor x's shiny head blocks the time left in the event?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anybody hovering in the 140/150/160th place range in the event? I would like to finish top 150 if possible for the Iron Fist cover (currently 271st with 12,642). I'm curious about what the points look like in that range, and if it's even worth making an attempt this late in the event.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    Anybody hovering in the 140/150/160th place range in the event? I would like to finish top 150 if possible for the Iron Fist cover (currently 271st with 12,642). I'm curious about what the points look like in that range, and if it's even worth making an attempt this late in the event.
    Keep in mind I'm in a death bracket so....

#121: 22351

I missed ONE refresh and barely could crack top 100.

IMO it depends if you're in a death bracket. I didn't even have this much trouble breaking top 100 in Deadpool, but well, trouble follows and all that.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:

It's very dependent on your slice/bracket. With 2 days 3 hours to go, Wolveroach is #163 with 10988, the leader is on 31329. Which slice/bracket are you in?
  • PuceMoose
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Puce Moose wrote:

It's very dependent on your slice/bracket. With 2 days 3 hours to go, Wolveroach is #163 with 10988, the leader is on 31329. Which slice/bracket are you in?

I am currently at 14,037 points and 226th place. My bracket ends in one day, 12 hours. In somewhat related news, it is a great feeling to have your Cyclops with 38 HP fire off a Full Blast just when things are looking bleak. ^.^
  • KonaMan
    KonaMan Posts: 6
    Options
    Been running a team of Falcon/XFW/Deadpool and they work surprisingly well together for this event. Redwing can handle many of the CDTs, XFW has two abilities to shake up the field and do decent damage and Deadpool has his whales to heavy hit the goons.
  • So, due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm going to need to complete my end-of-sub grind for the last sub of Unstable ISO about 3 hours early. To make matters more complicated, I'm aiming for the IF cover (no interest in another 1-cover 4* who won't be covered for years when my Fist is undercovered). Could anyone advise me on would be a good position to end my grind in to guarantee as best I can that I'll fall into the T100-150 range? Thanks in advance!

A little extra info:

I'm in s2, in what appears to be a vet bracket, with TMurphyNYC at first with 55k. I'm sitting at 52nd with 33k after my first clear of this third sub (there's about a 2k difference between the 10 ranks I can see immediately around me). I'm hoping to let the decay take me down naturally; I ground down the first sub, but barely touched the second other than refreshes. I'm guessing it'd be safe to sit at around 85th to let the end-of-sub grinders pass me, but I'm not sure.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, due to unforeseen circumstances, I'm going to need to complete my end-of-sub grind for the last sub of Unstable ISO about 3 hours early. To make matters more complicated, I'm aiming for the IF cover (no interest in another 1-cover 4* who won't be covered for years when my Fist is undercovered). Could anyone advise me on would be a good position to end my grind in to guarantee as best I can that I'll fall into the T100-150 range? Thanks in advance!

A little extra info:

I'm in s2, in what appears to be a vet bracket, with TMurphyNYC at first with 55k. I'm sitting at 52nd with 33k after my first clear of this third sub (there's about a 2k difference between the 10 ranks I can see immediately around me). I'm hoping to let the decay take me down naturally; I ground down the first sub, but barely touched the second other than refreshes. I'm guessing it'd be safe to sit at around 85th to let the end-of-sub grinders pass me, but I'm not sure.

at least here your looking at 12 to 15k per day to make top 50.
  • loving all these goon nodes for the last grind.
  • just ground from 200-something-place to 50 overall/7th sub. Did it a little early but since the first sub was so grind heavy I had to establish a presence or possibly be kicked out of top 100.....
  • PuceMoose
    Options
    Holy Moly! My "Operation become a crazy man and spend a good chunk of my weekend moving tiles around on a glowing screen" plan has met with success, at least so far. I have managed to maneuver a 974th place standing in Unstable ISO-8 into an 86th place standing. I am hoping to finish top 150 for the green Iron Fist cover, so if I can put in even a little bit of time in the morning I am optimistic I can make top 150 for some sweet, sweet fist (so to speak).
  • Honestly so tempted to just drop for the IF cover but I want 100 hp.
  • Get the feeling more people want Iron Fist than Captain Falcon.
  • ZeroKarma
    Options
    So assuming a 900 point lead over 3rd and hitting 8 hr refreshes, and what point can I safely grind the nodes to 1 and walk away? 4 hours left, 3 hours? Been a tight bracket, and I managed to get the early lead in sub 1 thankfully. 4 out of 6 hard nodes being goons, should make the final grind less problematic.
  • I'm looking to help an alliance hit top 100 in ISO8. I should finish the event at about 40k. If I can help please send me an IM or hit me up on Line user name Sutter. Thanks!