** Bullseye (Dark Avengers) **

Comments

• john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    john1620b wrote:
    He makes strength 49 protect tiles at 5 purple covers and level 94. I'll check 3 covers and post again once I find some more green covers, to see if the protect tile strength increases at all.
    I've just tested, and 4 purple covers also makes strength 49 protect tiles. I assume 3 covers is the same, but I'll confirm once I've checked.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    His protect tiles should be the same strength at all covers. Just the number of tiles he can produce changes.
  • john1620b
    It's true, there's no description saying the tile strength changes. However, since he was an initial character, his ability descriptions were made before they always started adding the values of strike/protect tiles to ability descriptions. So you can't be sure his protect tiles don't change without testing. (Other characters DO have changes without it being mentioned in ability descriptions, which is why I'm checking to be sure.)
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I had him at 5/5 until the 3rd power was added, and yesterday I got my 3rd green cover. So 5/5/3. Now I just got another green cover. I am really not sure whether to drop one point off purple (adamantium bones) and put another green cover in or not. I know it's new but anyone have any strong opinions?

Edit: after reading some other posts on the forums I am going to drop one point of purple and change to the green cover for 4/5/4.
  • How do you "drop" one cover to gain another? I was under the impression you'd have to rebuild the character from scratch.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haetron wrote:
    How do you "drop" one cover to gain another? I was under the impression you'd have to rebuild the character from scratch.
    Add a 14th cover, and it'll ask you which other one to drop
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    lymang wrote:
    I had him at 5/5 until the 3rd power was added, and yesterday I got my 3rd green cover. So 5/5/3. Now I just got another green cover. I am really not sure whether to drop one point off purple (adamantium bones) and put another green cover in or not. I know it's new but anyone have any strong opinions?

I was originally thinking I'd stay 5/5/3, but as several of his new green covers piled up in my backlog, I switched to 3/5/5 and think I'll stay there. I can scarcely remember a time when more than 5 protect tiles (from having 3 in purple) was possible; and if so, they wouldn't stay on the board for long. Aside from the initial damage boost from 5 green, being able to select & destroy more tiles has let to some very well-planned crits and cascades, which I've then used to accelerate (or use in conjunction with) his black. It's been fun, and very thematically apropos for the perfect-aim of Bullseye.
  • simonsez wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    How do you "drop" one cover to gain another? I was under the impression you'd have to rebuild the character from scratch.

Well. Now I fill silly selling those extra covers I didn't want when they could have raised the characters level cap. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • lymang
    simonsez wrote:
    Haetron wrote:

Not quite: add a 14th cover of a non-maxxed cover. If you're 5/5/3 and you try to add a 14th cover of purple nothing happens, you can't. In this case it only asks you to reconfigure if you try to add a non-maxxed cover, like in this example Green cover. if I add a 14th green cover, it will as, me which other cover to decrease (purple or black)
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would hope that it's understood that you can't have 6 covers in any ability, so the only way to add a 14th would be to add to one that's not already at 5.
  • lymang
    simonsez wrote:
    I would hope that it's understood that you can't have 6 covers in any ability, so the only way to add a 14th would be to add to one that's not already at 5.
    No argument. I wasn't saying you were wrong just clarifying for them. If they didn't know you could juggle powers that way (and they didn't, based on the question) I just wanted to be sure it was clear.

I played with Bullseye a few times on my first run through Prodigal Son today since he's boosted, I don't have him to 94 but I wanted to experiment anyway. My general reaction is "meh."
  • His green is either amazing, or pointless, depending on the board layout, and your own perception skills/patience. I've rushed it sometimes for near nothing effect, and I've also studied the board for a good minute once and triggered 3 match 4s and a massive tide changing cascade.

He's still not as good at precision board control as 1star Hawkeye was for me, but if I have an issue with specific countdown tiles, he might be my go to guy to clear up what others cannot.
  • lymang
    I've been playing him a bit more now as 3/5/5 and I think you're right: green power can be good or very very taxing trying to figure out the right tiles to get rid of. I'm slowly bringing him up to 94, since he has been boosted for a few essential nodes.
  • lymang wrote:
    I've been playing him a bit more now as 3/5/5 and I think you're right: green power can be good or very very taxing trying to figure out the right tiles to get rid of. I'm slowly bringing him up to 94, since he has been boosted for a few essential nodes.
    its really too time consuming to do a perfect green, I just use it to get rid of teamups
  • Regarding countdown tiles: generally the ones I have a hard time removing are the ones that are in the corner or not near any other tiles of that color. In that respect, Bullseye's green still doesn't do much against those tiles. It's more effective to fire off a Lightning Storm and hope you get lucky, with generally better AP to boot. I do like Bullseye's green because it feels puzzly, but it's not as consistent or damaging.
  • john1620b
    Just a note: I confirmed that his protect tile strength is the same at 3, 4, and 5 covers, so the only difference is number of tiles. Since I rarely see more than 5 protect tiles anyway, it seems like a pretty clear 3 purpleflag.png / 5 blackflag.png / 5 greenflag.png to me
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Since the start of "The Vault" mechanic I have yet to see a 2* Bullseye green cover in it. Considering the large part of 2* in the distribution, this seems weird.

Is it just a fluke ? Do any of you have seen a 2* Bullseye green cover in their vaults ?
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I got one today...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got all mine in LR
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    so im still not sure about maxing my fully covered bullseye (355)

was thinking about playing him with obw and.... 1* spidey? thor/ares/wolvie?
    i want him for protecting obw and that insane black damage.

whats your team/strategy with him?