• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Guess we need a build poll for him now.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    Being able to get Bullseye to level 94 is going to instantly make him better. More protection from his purple shields, more damage, able to tank for other 2*s, etc.

A new ability is gravy, but I'm more excited about how I just got my fifth Inspiration cover for Falcon on the same day as I got my first green Bullseye cover. Those two are going to be annoying as hell to play against.

And now that Bullseye can be boosted to level 150 for the week long boosts???

Forget about it.
    You handing out free points in Top Gun? Which shard are you in? That pair isn't going to be good at all.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I could see going 4/4/5 or 5/3/5. The problem with his black is that it's still incredibly expensive for what it does. The main difference is that a cap of 7 vs. no cap on his purple isn't really going to matter very often, and even if it does, it will probably only briefly matter. His black is 1 ap cheaper at 4 than 3, but is still only going to be used if it's your only black. It's just not going to be able to trigger damage very often, and 16 ap is a ridiculous amount to create a single critical tile.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    Being able to get Bullseye to level 94 is going to instantly make him better. More protection from his purple shields, more damage, able to tank for other 2*s, etc.

A new ability is gravy, but I'm more excited about how I just got my fifth Inspiration cover for Falcon on the same day as I got my first green Bullseye cover. Those two are going to be annoying as hell to play against.

And now that Bullseye can be boosted to level 150 for the week long boosts???

Forget about it.
    You handing out free points in Top Gun? Which shard are you in? That pair isn't going to be good at all.

I always anchor my alliance in the last slice, so my event doesn't start for another hour.

Considering both of them are boosted in Top Gun, you are going to see an insane number of protect tiles, each of which is going to be boosted. I just wish there was a decent strike tile generator that I could throw in boosted this week, like a 3aken.
  • Buret0
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I could see going 4/4/5 or 5/3/5. The problem with his black is that it's still incredibly expensive for what it does. The main difference is that a cap of 7 vs. no cap on his purple isn't really going to matter very often, and even if it does, it will probably only briefly matter. His black is 1 ap cheaper at 4 than 3, but is still only going to be used if it's your only black. It's just not going to be able to trigger damage very often, and 16 ap is a ridiculous amount to create a single critical tile.

I don't know... I'm still going to go 4/5/4 or 3/5/5.

I love his black ability. It doesn't get used that often, and on D it is a waste, but when you put two of them side by side and complete a match 5 and a match 3 or 4 at the same time, you usually get another crit tile and deal a ton of damage while collecting any kind of AP that you want.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    I don't know... I'm still going to go 4/5/4 or 3/5/5.

I love his black ability. It doesn't get used that often, and on D it is a waste, but when you put two of them side by side and complete a match 5 and a match 3 or 4 at the same time, you usually get another crit tile and deal a ton of damage while collecting any kind of AP that you want.

I love his blackflag.png as well, and am definitely keeping it at 5 for the two crit tiles. I try and save it for when I can use the two crits to create two match-5s, thereby creating two more crits. It's both very satisfying, and very in keeping with Bullseye's aiming powers. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Beyond that, I haven't yet decided on 5/5/3 or 3/5/5. I agree that 5 purple is overkill in most cases, so will try dropping that to 3 and see how I like 5 green for awhile.
  • Buret0
    Options
    So, when boosted to level 150, here is Bullseye's Black power:

Turns two selected (non-Countdown) tiles into Critical tiles and deals 15,400 damage if there are now 4 or more Critical tiles.

Lol.

His Purple is also making protect tiles of strength 77 (which Falcon is strengthening by 110 each time he matches a Yellow).

I figure I'll throw them out there with Scarlet Witch for giggles? (She makes more purples...)

Maybe Hood? Got to keep the other team from getting the AP to cast a protect tile steal technique.

I just played a level where by the time I finished the other team's first character I already had a protect tile that was strength 737, two at 297, and one at 77.

I'm not really afraid of AoE attacks with this group either. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm thinking 3/5/5 because, well, protect tiles are handy but 5 is a fairly reasonable number for this 2-star character. But that extra couple of tiles to remove can hopfully get match 4's and 5's.
  • Inarius
    Inarius Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    I'm thinking 3/5/5 because, well, protect tiles are handy but 5 is a fairly reasonable number for this 2-star character. But that extra couple of tiles to remove can hopfully get match 4's and 5's.
    I'm almost thinking among these lines but have to consider whether or not to actually go about doing it since it would make more sense to save the green for other ** chars like Thor or Ares or Wolverine or Storm.

Also, it would've been ever nicer if they reduced the cost of his blackflag.png to 12ap....at least that would make people more inclined to play him other than in essential nodes (if any)
  • Loftus
    Loftus Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Options
    I had overlooked Bullseye until recently. The fact he was capped at a lower level put me off, but i had him in my roster and so decided to level him a week or two ago. With him being powered up this week i used him and 2 star.png magneto for the falcon versus event.

My verdict is that bullseye is pretty damn awesome. This is before the addition of a third power (which i'm very happy about) so i think he's definitely a worthy 2 star.png character with a third ability and a boosted level cap of 150. In any nodes against similar level characters, he's incredibly useful. His passive reduces the amount of damage taken so quickly, i've had quite a few matches where i haven't gotten any crazy luck and yet have been left with <10 minutes healing time because no matches deal my team any damage once a few shields are up.

I thought the same as many others about his black ability, it was way too expensive. But now i've had a chance to use it and it can be all kinds of crazy. A level 123 character able to always deal in excess of 3k damage, quite often reaching 5k+, if synergized well (magneto, for example) then you can throw in an insta-kill before that damage. On top of that you gain AP from it and can cascade easily? Reducing the cost of an ability that strong on a 2 star.png along with his passive would make him absolutely broken.

If you haven't used him before, pair him with 2 star.png mags and target purple/black/red. They're a lethal partnership.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Dumped 60k iso into him to try him out. He's actually not too bad, and adds to sustainability like a tinyCage.

He works in the MagStorm combo well. Not too bad with OBW+RGY, though he covers black, weakening espionage.
    In the PVE, he also worked decently with:
    - MNMags/Cap (you're matching purple anyways for Polarity Shift)
    - BP + Cap (super low damage. Purple shields until cap gets his defense out)

Overall, not that great, but ok when boosted. You'd use him when you're trying to protect some other low hp team that grabs Pink. Otherwise I'd rather grab Torch for the Black/Green combination. (assumes you don't have X-Force usable). He's a 3rd tier player, like Mawkeye.
  • Buret0
    Options
    Loftus wrote:
    I had overlooked Bullseye until recently. The fact he was capped at a lower level put me off, but i had him in my roster and so decided to level him a week or two ago. With him being powered up this week i used him and 2 star.png magneto for the falcon versus event.

My verdict is that bullseye is pretty damn awesome. This is before the addition of a third power (which i'm very happy about) so i think he's definitely a worthy 2 star.png character with a third ability and a boosted level cap of 150. In any nodes against similar level characters, he's incredibly useful. His passive reduces the amount of damage taken so quickly, i've had quite a few matches where i haven't gotten any crazy luck and yet have been left with <10 minutes healing time because no matches deal my team any damage once a few shields are up.

I thought the same as many others about his black ability, it was way too expensive. But now i've had a chance to use it and it can be all kinds of crazy. A level 123 character able to always deal in excess of 3k damage, quite often reaching 5k+, if synergized well (magneto, for example) then you can throw in an insta-kill before that damage. On top of that you gain AP from it and can cascade easily? Reducing the cost of an ability that strong on a 2 star.png along with his passive would make him absolutely broken.

If you haven't used him before, pair him with 2 star.png mags and target purple/black/red. They're a lethal partnership.

I find it best to always put the two crit tiles side-by-side.

Example (pretend right is edge of board and bottom is bottom row of the board):

yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngbluetile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.png
    blacktile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.png
    redtile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png
    blacktile.pngbluetile.pngtutile.pngyellowtile.pngredtile.png
    purpletile.pngpurpletile.pngtutile.pngpurpletile.pngredtile.png

Now, there are a couple of options here to consider:

blacktile.pngblacktile.pngredcrit.pngblacktile.pngredtile.png
    redtile.pnggreentile.pngredcrit.pnggreentile.pngbluetile.png

blacktile.pngblacktile.pngyellowtile.pngblacktile.pngredtile.png
    redtile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.pngredcrit.pngredcrit.png

In the first example, you are going to make a match 4 (black), match 3 (blue), match 4 (team up), and match 3 (green). Of the two, this is going to do the most damage, unless you don't have any strong team members that can use black, blue, or green (so in this case Bullseye is obviously going to hit black and green).

In the second example you are going to make an "L" match 6 which will drop a crit in the corner of the board. IIRC, the match will do match 4 and match 3 crit damage.

The first example should do way more damage. Plus, it will spread the damage over multiple enemies, which allows you to use it to finish off multiple enemies in a single move.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bullseye needs some updating. His black cost two less, and he has a green ability now. Since you will rarely ever get the black off, the ideal build might now be 5 purpletile.png 3 blacktile.png and 5 greentile.png
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Bullseye needs some updating. His black cost two less, and he has a green ability now. Since you will rarely ever get the black off, the ideal build might now be 5 purpletile.png 3 blacktile.png and 5 greentile.png

Do you know if the strength of the protect tiles is affected by covers? It's not clear from the descriptions. If it isn't, I would think 3/5/5 would be better, as 5 protect tiles should be more than enough.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:

Do you know if the strength of the protect tiles is affected by covers? It's not clear from the descriptions. If it isn't, I would think 3/5/5 would be better, as 5 protect tiles should be more than enough.

I have a 5/5/2 l86 bullseye. Just tested out in ddq and he makes strength 45 tikes. Extrapolating, I'd say at l94 and 5 covers they should have strength 51 or so.
  • john1620b
    john1620b Posts: 367
    Options
    He makes strength 49 protect tiles at 5 purple covers and level 94. I'll check 3 covers and post again once I find some more green covers, to see if the protect tile strength increases at all.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    john1620b wrote:
    He makes strength 49 protect tiles at 5 purple covers and level 94. I'll check 3 covers and post again once I find some more green covers, to see if the protect tile strength increases at all.
    That would be cool. Could mean the difference between 3/5/5 and 5/3/5
  • Buret0
    Options
    john1620b wrote:

Boosted to level 150 there was no difference between a 4 or 5 cover, both produced 77 strength protect tiles.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    john1620b wrote:

Boosted to level 150 there was no difference between a 4 or 5 cover, both produced 77 strength protect tiles.
    That seems like a bug...or maybe D3 doesn't care.

So, do Bullseye protect tiles match daken's? anyone have his stats?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't think its a bug. The cover increase let's you increase the amount of protect tiles you can have on the field, not the strength.