Seeking input on proposal to update daily rewards

Comments

• Sidlon
    Sidlon Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    There's no question the rate of 4* release needs to be increased.

But if they switched tomorrow to the OP proposal, a day-626 person like myself would miss out on all the easy StarLord, ProfX, and Kingpin covers, right?

To avoid situations like that, I assume it'd be easiest to just pick a day (eg, day 660 if they act fast) and from that day on provide a 4# every N days? (where N is as low as the D3 economics will alow icon_mrgreen.gif )
  • Gank the 2 star.png reward covers.

Enough 2 star.png covers are available in the (formerly known as) Prologue. Another avenue (here; Daily Rewards) is not needed.

In response, begin the 3 star.png Dailys(Dailies?) on day 30.

Also, the 1 star.png rewards are fine, though blueflag.pngicon_blackwidow.png & greenflag.pngicon_storm.png should be switched. Also, add the new incoming 1 star.png at day 29 (because reasons! icon_mrgreen.gif )
  • Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about a free daily anything, I'm just a bit confused by the structure of it.

For example:

Day 149 - star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pnggreenflag.pngicon_wolverine.png
    Day 475 - star.pngstar.pngstar.pngredflag.pngicon_humantorch.png

Wouldn't a player on day 149 benefit more from a star.pngstar.pngstar.png character just as much as a player on day 475 would benefit more from the star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png ?
    Feels like it should be more of a progressive reward system in the sense that players get covers relative to their in game progress.
    I can also understand from a developer standpoint why they wouldn't wanna bother with this at all but figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

Tl;dr Please make the raise level button actually raise a level intead of tediously applying small increments of ISO. icon_cool.gif
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about a free daily anything, I'm just a bit confused by the structure of it.

I feel the same. I don't want to complain about free stuff, but I also think the resupply is in sore need of restructuring. I'm about to get the day 310 Invisible Woman. That was 130 days of no usable covers. I got some nice HP and Iso out of it, and some tokens along the way, but that's a pretty long stretch between usable covers, and it represents more than a third of my total days played. DDQ is a far better incentive to long in and play daily.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    The speed at which the game adds characters makes it silly to put in specific covers 300+ days out. It'd make way more sense to hand out tokens that guaranteed a 3* or better.
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    I like the concept of the daily rewards ensuring that you will eventually get at least 1 cover of every 3*, if there is just one that has eluded you.

But since the daily rewards aren't close to keeping up with the rate of new releases (they are really still catching up from when they released a slew of 3*s last year), and by day 600+ you probably will already have had the chance at any (non brand new) 3* you could have wanted, the current implementation isn't great.

I don't really see a quick way to change it, apart from giving out 3* covers with less space in between, maybe if once you are past 365 and well into where 4*s start to show up, you should be getting a special 3/4* only token in addition to that specific 3* cover.
  • lol the daily rewards seem fine to me. I have been getting them since the game started. They also gave us deadpool daily which I would like more modes of but will it happen probably not. A lot of things wrong with the game but the daily supply isn't one of them.
  • Suggest this thread could be merged with this one: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31586

But definitely adding my vote to restructure of this. I fully covered my Human Torch yesterday and I'm only on day 109 today.

The promise of an unusable red Torch cover in approx 1 year is not an incentive that is going to help me.

In fact I have at least 1 cover for 34 of the 40 3* characters in the game. I'll be getting C.Mags as a resupply in approx 1 or 2 weeks and then DDQ pretty much guarantees that those 35 characters will all be maxed or close to maxed within a year.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem is DDQ made the SHEILD Rewards irrelevant. It was a great idea when there were less characters but at this point it definitely needs to be restructured. I loved when they increased the HP and ISO, that was huge but they need to address the covers. I think it would be really cool and useful if when we reach the 3*/4* Day, we are given a list of all 3* or 4* characters and we get to choose who we want. That would be the most beneficial way to improve this.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31586

it is being looked at, and suggestions are being taken in the thread i linked ^^
  • stowaway wrote:
    I feel the same. I don't want to complain about free stuff, but I also think the resupply is in sore need of restructuring. I'm about to get the day 310 Invisible Woman. That was 130 days of no usable covers. I got some nice HP and Iso out of it, and some tokens along the way, but that's a pretty long stretch between usable covers, and it represents more than a third of my total days played. DDQ is a far better incentive to long in and play daily.

Yeah, I agree with what simon said as well. The game moves too fast now. It probably was a great model in the beginning stages of the game.
    xequalsy wrote:
    I like the concept of the daily rewards ensuring that you will eventually get at least 1 cover of every 3*, if there is just one that has eluded you.

But since the daily rewards aren't close to keeping up with the rate of new releases (they are really still catching up from when they released a slew of 3*s last year), and by day 600+ you probably will already have had the chance at any (non brand new) 3* you could have wanted, the current implementation isn't great.

I don't really see a quick way to change it, apart from giving out 3* covers with less space in between, maybe if once you are past 365 and well into where 4*s start to show up, you should be getting a special 3/4* only token in addition to that specific 3* cover.

Yeah I can't really think of a way to change it that makes sense and wouldn't be tons of work.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It needs more tokens and way less blank days.
    Less space in between, more heroics, and adding a different type of pack that has 3 star.pngstar.pngstar.png or above. (obviously much harder to come by then a heroic)
    The problem is DDQ made the SHEILD Rewards irrelevant. It was a great idea when there were less characters but at this point it definitely needs to be restructured. I loved when they increased the HP and ISO, that was huge but they need to address the covers. I think it would be really cool and useful if when we reach the 3*/4* Day, we are given a list of all 3* or 4* characters and we get to choose who we want. That would be the most beneficial way to improve this.

Not at all.
    If it weren't for SHIELD I wouldn't have had a doom for DDQ.

Vet players really need to understand DDQ is useless without having the 3 stars required of the day.
    It's some iso and 1 taco token.
  • Didn't even notice that thread, thanks for the link guys!
  • GurlBYE wrote:
    Less space in between, more heroics, and adding a different type of pack that has 3 star.pngstar.pngstar.png or above. (obviously much harder to come by then a heroic)

Not at all.

Vet players really need to understand DDQ is useless without having the 3 stars required of the day.

Hmm I like that idea of a star.pngstar.pngstar.png + token. Maybe they could give that like once every 30 days or something.
    I totally agree about the blank days too.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE wrote:

Not at all.

Hmm I like that idea of a star.pngstar.pngstar.png + token. Maybe they could give that like once every 30 days or something.
    I totally agree about the blank days too.

Once a week is more reasonable with 40 3 stars. (maybe once every 2 if it really needs to be dragged out)
    That way you at least have a chance of one cover a piece over the course of a year.

If it's given from the start of the game, sure once a month, but if they kick into the shield resupply. once every 7-14 days fits.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31586

it is being looked at, and suggestions are being taken in the thread i linked ^^

Hate to be quoting myself, but toss your suggestions into the one that the devs are actually looking at... you may have a better chance at being seen.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Not at all.

New players need to understand that for many of us that predate DDQ, as a transitioning 2*-3* player you had ONE chance, maybe TWO per WEEK to get a token with 3*s, and sometimes, you had to wait around until a PVP came along so that you could fight for a 3* top 100 token, then wait a month or two before that character was rewarded again. At that point in my MPQ ?career? I'd have loved to have even one guaranteed daily token with a 3* chance.

Let's compare here. One player noted a fully covered 3* Torch at day 109 - it was well over 6 months into the game when I, a daily player who did both PvP and PVE had a fully covered 3*. Odd, no?

I don't want to sound pejorative or to minimize your concern here. At the same time, I think that you state that from one, and only one, point of view - there are many.
  • GurlBYE
    Some ideas.

-Reduce the number of empty days drastically. and replace them as follows.

-Twice a week additional standard token. (beginning first day)
    -Beginning on the 28th day 1 heroic a week. (to replace one of the standards)
    -Introduce a new pack that has 3 star & above and on day 60 alternate between one week heroic, and one week star.pngstar.pngstar.png & above pack.
    -Day 90 remove heroic and have one star.pngstar.pngstar.png per week.

This helps further aid the transitioning of 3 stars due to the fact that there are 40 of them, and DDQ requires the 3 star to earn the 3 star.
    Within the first year players can at least have the possibility of receiving either multiple usable 3 stars or enough 3 stars to begin to use DDQ to supplement that.
    Also the 3 & above pack gives 4 star players a reason to open packs, especially since 4 stars already out number 2 stars.

4 stars can slowly trickle in as early as day 90 to aid in the long future journey of gaining usable level-able 4 stars.

My main concern is tightening up the dead days, and easing the already daunting 3 star progress for newer players.

These ideas in tandem with a lot of the idea in thread. I don't agree on moving 4 stars further back though.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    They need to just do away with 3* covers and give us ISO, HP, and Heroic 10 Packs.
  • GurlBYE
    san-mpq wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Not at all.

New players need to understand that for many of us that predate DDQ, as a transitioning 2*-3* player you had ONE chance, maybe TWO per WEEK to get a token with 3*s, and sometimes, you had to wait around until a PVP came along so that you could fight for a 3* top 100 token, then wait a month or two before that character was rewarded again. At that point in my MPQ ?career? I'd have loved to have even one guaranteed daily token with a 3* chance.

I don't want to sound pejorative or to minimize your concern here. At the same time, I think that you state that from one, and only one, point of view - there are many.
    Not to make myself sound more important then I am.
    It's an important view, it's also a rare one in the crowd of voices that only care for 4 stars.

A new players, a player whos currently staring at 40 3 stars instead of 7 and them still being an uncommon occurrence.. 4 star players don't not play when 3 stars are awarded.
    a 2 star roster doesn't exactly make it up to 800 unattacked in pvp, especially when the competing players already have the loaner 3 star, but leveled up optimally instead of 1 cover a piece (which is an improvement over the single random cover) and could care less for you trying to earn a 3 star and see you as a stepping stone to 1000 and now 1300 as well.

And your last point was what I'm getting at. There still is no guaranteed 3 star a day. Theres a 3 star a day if you have them.
    Easing the transition is all I'm getting at.

And take this as a player who is new here but was on top in another free to play. It's important to pave the road equally at all points, not just the beginning and end.