Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    What happens when:
    TxMoose wrote:
    green-to-purple battery
    is introduced?

What is all this "no greenflag.png to purpleflag.png battery stuff?

How is it that you have all failed to take note of the awesome power and boundless utility of shieldpurple.pngHex Bolt shieldpurple.png ???
    well, its now half of the awesome power and half-boundless utility...
  • Unknown
    edited July 2015
    Gaaaah. True infinite is able to lock down lvl 395 Ares/Ragnarok/Hood from the first 3-4 turns, or doesn't require boosts to do so. This particular team is safe from nerfs!
    You people disgust me with your nerf paranoia (not saying nerfs aren't coming, but to expect those 2*s to get nerfed based on this thread is something else). The synergy has been mentioned countless times in various DPDQ and other threads. Not to mention that cStorm was already indirectly nerfed when everyone got a health buff but select characters including her, oBW, Loki, Hood, Fist, etc.

Edit: oh and if you, Deadpoooooooooooooooool, meant STFU, Motherlover, one of them - surprise - deserves one.

It's not paranoia, it's happened before, whether or not you want to admit it.
    And as far as your disgust goes,
    Y0P0BX1.png

edits: grammar
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Wait for it ...

Wait for it ....
    :lol: ¡¡¡ HEX BOLT !!! icon_lol.gif

247a89c7-c5f5-407a-b205-d1efc7a07f6e_zpsb5est9nj.jpg
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Interesting that I'm told to calm down when I'm one of the people saying to expect nerfs for 2*s based on this thread is silly. But conspiracy theorists will always be themselves.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Wait, Blind Spot is broken? I thought everyone always complained about Masterplan when they're picking on Wheels?

Have you never noticed that the timing of Blind Spot's special tile boosts are always WAY off.

Try making a match five with prof x while he's in his Blind Spot. Nothing happens. Then you go to make your next move and Blind Spot activates after you make your move. Or how attack tiles do damage at the start of your opponents turn and then get upgraded.

There's very clearly something wrong with the timing on Blind Spot activation. Probably having something to do with it still working even when you destroy the Blind Spot special tile, but that's just a theory.
  • Buret0
    GSBW isn't infinite at all. Doesn't feed itself. It's merely a powerful synergy that takes advantage of Prof X's blue. But once it blows, you have to start the cycle over from scratch. And ... it's terrible on defense ... as you have noticed? Further, using the pink for for GSBW undermines Blind Spot. It can be ridiculously fast ... but can also fall flat on its face.

Umm... well since Master Plan feeds 4 to 12 purple AP back to GSBW if you keep purple as the strongest color when making your match 5s, it kind of does go infinite. Scarlet Witch used to make that a guaranteed infinite combo, which is probably why they fixed Hexbolt.

You just had to make sure that PX wasn't making blue the strongest color, so keeping him underlevelled was the key. There was no reason to hide in the Blind Spot when you could automatically kill everyone for 11 purple AP. The only reason that I don't think this will get nerfed is because they provided Jean Grey as the PX combo breaker... and also because PX/SW/PX was only a threat on offense and couldn't do a thing on D.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Wait, Blind Spot is broken? I thought everyone always complained about Masterplan when they're picking on Wheels?

Have you never noticed that the timing of Blind Spot's special tile boosts are always WAY off.

Try making a match five with prof x while he's in his Blind Spot. Nothing happens. Then you go to make your next move and Blind Spot activates after you make your move. Or how attack tiles do da? age at the start of your opponents turn and then get upgraded.

There's very clearly something wrong with the timing on Blind Spot activation. Probably having something to do with it still working even when you destroy the Blind Spot special tile, but that's just a theory.

No I havent noticed such effects. I play on Steam. Master Plan works fine when invisible and the tile buffs process at very end of turn. Perhaps its platform issue?

I have noticed that if you are stuck with Prof X as last man and have no special tiles left....and thus reliant on a match 5 for any offense....the AI gets slower and slower as the match drags on. Like data is piling up and clogging the decision tree.

Need more yellow on X so this is a less common occurrence!

At that point, when PX is all you have left, team up tiles are your best friends.
  • Buret0 wrote:
    GSBW isn't infinite at all. Doesn't feed itself. It's merely a powerful synergy that takes advantage of Prof X's blue. But once it blows, you have to start the cycle over from scratch. And ... it's terrible on defense ... as you have noticed? Further, using the pink for for GSBW undermines Blind Spot. It can be ridiculously fast ... but can also fall flat on its face.

Umm... well since Master Plan feeds 4 to 12 purple AP back to GSBW if you keep purple as the strongest color when making your match 5s, it kind of does go infinite. Scarlet Witch used to make that a guaranteed infinite combo, which is probably why they fixed Hexbolt.

You just had to make sure that PX wasn't making blue the strongest color, so keeping him underlevelled was the key. There was no reason to hide in the Blind Spot when you could automatically kill everyone for 11 purple AP. The only reason that I don't think this will get nerfed is because they provided Jean Grey as the PX combo breaker... and also because PX/SW/PX was only a threat on offense and couldn't do a thing on D.
    does it go infinite or doesn't it? do we need to start a new thread? I'm really confused.
    Interesting that I'm told to calm down when I'm one of the people saying to expect nerfs for 2*s based on this thread is silly. But conspiracy theorists will always be themselves.
    when people say calm down, I think of the Hulk among many other things.
  • Deviator1
    Deviator1 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Are people really having issues with the big enchilada? Or is that just the transitioning players? I use Shulk BP and Falcon for the 4 waves. Build ap and get tiles out and pump them as much as possible, nuke the actual characters when that round occurs. Shulk takes over those pesky strike tiles that the ninjas create and gets rid of enemy ap so they don't nuke you after the wave changes.
  • Deviator1 wrote:
    Are people really having issues with the big enchilada? Or is that just the transitioning players? I use Shulk BP and Falcon for the 4 waves. Build ap and get tiles out and pump them as much as possible, nuke the actual characters when that round occurs. Shulk takes over those pesky strike tiles that the ninjas create and gets rid of enemy ap so they don't nuke you after the wave changes.
    there are ppl that have trouble w/ ddq....I've heard of folks using whales on it
  • Buret0
    LOL! Buet is pointing out that depending on tanking, Master Plan can generate pink. IF the player has enough pink or is able to generate 3 Match-5s from Deceptive Tactics (rare but not impossible), then the combo goes infinite, so long as the player can repeat those conditions.

In reality, unless the player has stockpiled pink (which is where the witch comes in...) the cycle is a one-off. It is partially self-fueling IF the tanking is right, and has a chance of going infinite.

So, no, not truly infinite, nothing like Magstique was.

Kind of. It is almost impossible not to get at least 8 purple AP back from Master Plan when using Deceptive Tactics. You also get at least 10 green AP. You are possibly going to pick up a couple more greens and purples from the line matches, so getting 14 green and 10 purple isn't out of the ordinary. You only need 11 purple to cast DT again, so all you needed was one more purple AP.

Unless of course you throw in Hexbolt, in which case you can turn some of that green AP into a couple of purples and go right back into making exploding heads of death.

It is truly infinite and you will generate way more green than you will ever need, since you are killing them telepathically instead of with your rifle.

It is only slightly more likely to fail now that SW can't grab two AP per tile.
  • TxMoose
    raisinbman wrote:
    Deviator1 wrote:
    there are ppl that have trouble w/ ddq....I've heard of folks using whales on it
    hmm. if you super-whale during wave 1 or 2 does it end the entire match or just that wave? don't need it there but just curious. might be a solution for ant man for those who have difficulty there.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    Deviator1 wrote:
    hmm. if you super-whale during wave 1 or 2 does it end the entire match or just that wave? don't need it there but just curious. might be a solution for ant man for those who have difficulty there.

Just that round of the wave.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deviator1 wrote:

Really, I only do three nodes in DDP (out of laziness tbh); TBE and both the Taco Token nodes.

My go-to team for TBE is always Magento/Storm + either Daken (for Ninjas) or Hawkeye (everything else). I never boost, sandbag for AP, or anything like that, and it's extremely rare I wipe (bi-weekly?).

The one previous to that I always run the required with Wolverine and Daken. Focus Green/Blue and chip them down. Ares/oBW works here too - Focus Purple and/or Green/Yellow - use Recon to keep the enemy AP down and burst people down with Ares.

For the stand-alone Taco Token, I usually use random teams. Recently I've been using Hawkeye/2* Marvel/2* Thor for giggles.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deviator1 wrote:

Really, I only do three nodes in DDP (out of laziness tbh); TBE and both the Taco Token nodes.

My go-to team for TBE is always Magento/Storm + either Daken (for Ninjas) or Hawkeye (everything else). I never boost, sandbag for AP, or anything like that, and it's extremely rare I wipe (bi-weekly?).

The one previous to that I always run the required with Wolverine and Daken. Focus Green/Blue and chip them down. Ares/oBW works here too - Focus Purple and/or Green/Yellow - use Recon to keep the enemy AP down and burst people down with Ares.

For the stand-alone Taco Token, I usually use random teams. Recently I've been using Hawkeye/2* Marvel/2* Thor for giggles.

But, but, but, you miss out on 3500 ISO. Every day. We're about to start round 32, so that's 155 days done, or up to 542,500 ISO that you've not collected.

I always use Deadpool for the essential node, just to make sure that I get my daily ration of Deadpool points ready for the next gauntlet.
  • TxMoose
    I really just need to stick with deadpool plus whoever (mostorm or panther or grocket or witch) so I get his in. on dat required character....
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I guess I just learned this the hard way. I had no idea that trying to add an as-yet-undocumented tip to the collection of guides and tips would spread such discontent.

You're facing the unfortunate backlash of a recent event with another user talking about Scarlett Witch giving more AP than it's supposed to when she uses Hex Bolt, which lead her to be quickly adjusted to do what she was supposed to do to begin with, and large bit of discontent within the community, because they were now facing playing with the character the way she was supposed to be.

Always the defender.
    Always our fault.

O.P., can you PLEASE change the title of this thread to something less nerf worthy? If not, can a green name do it, please? Thanks.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I guess I just learned this the hard way. I had no idea that trying to add an as-yet-undocumented tip to the collection of guides and tips would spread such discontent.

You're facing the unfortunate backlash of a recent event with another user talking about Scarlett Witch giving more AP than it's supposed to when she uses Hex Bolt, which lead her to be quickly adjusted to do what she was supposed to do to begin with, and large bit of discontent within the community, because they were now facing playing with the character the way she was supposed to be.

Always the defender.
    Always our fault.

Oh come on lol say what you want about being a "white knight" but that's literally the situation. Scarlett Witch was supposed to work the way she does now - people are upset that someone let the developers know about it wasn't working properly. That's exactly the situation.

I didn't say that it didn't make her worse. I didn't say that they should or shouldn't have kept her the way she was (probably should have tbh).
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    A witch collecting double AP seems perfectly plausible. Cool, even.
    ... and hard to program accidentally.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    TLCstormz wrote:

Always the defender.
    Always our fault.

Oh come on lol say what you want about being a "white knight" but that's literally the situation. Scarlett Witch was supposed to work the way she does now - people are upset that someone let the developers know about it wasn't working properly. That's exactly the situation.

I didn't say that it didn't make her worse. I didn't say that they should or shouldn't have kept her the way she was (probably should have tbh).

If a character is not working as intended, then they aren't working as intended. If the ability "felt" more balanced, it doesn't change this fact. In all honesty, she is still a top tier character because of her purple/blue anyways.

It does suck though that she is yet another character who has 1 definitive build.