Options

Comments

• SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It hasn't been mentioned yet but......

Bring back community scaling icon_e_biggrin.gif

There's almost no point having a self imposed lvl 94 cap now
    Seriously, since the 100 character in a week, it's either late joining, casual playing or skipping altogether..... For a newbie bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If anyone is keeping a log of people's experiences with the latest PvE or is just interested to hear other people's experiences:

I joined Enemy of the State almost 3 days into the 7 day event when there were roughly 800 people in the bracket. Played casually only for the next two days which brought me up to somewhere around 240ish then took the final two sub-events very seriously (especially as the PvP I was multi-tasking with finished just in time for the grind down on the penultimate sub). Finished 91st with approx 110,000 points. That's more than 150% of the top progression award which was 70,000 points.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There's almost no point having a self imposed lvl 94 cap now
    Ummmmm.... good??
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    230k+ came close to top 10, am happy with the 2 extra covers i got lol... so glad it's over.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I ended up 13th with 135.7K points and got my two Ant-man covers. Very pleased. Pulled a ton of tokens but nothing really stands out. I think I might have pulled a 3* but obviously not one that was very important to me.. Ant-man is super fun to play. I want to finish him more than my X-force or IW. I'd like to get my 2K point simulator Prof X but I don't really feel like grinding it out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Grinding for 4* can be fun if you tell yourself that three covers means 7500 HP. Grind PVE for new releases and play PVP for the remainder of the time.
    Malcrof wrote:
    230k+ came close to top 10, am happy with the 2 extra covers i got lol... so glad it's over.

You must have been in a tough bracket. I have an alliance mate that scored 150k for 4th. I'm sure you grind till the end for your alliance.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    I had about 191K and still only managed exactly 50. Oh well, one cover was better than none.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dathremar wrote:
    Grinding for 4* can be fun if you tell yourself that three covers means 7500 HP. Grind PVE for new releases and play PVP for the remainder of the time.
    Malcrof wrote:

You must have been in a tough bracket. I have an alliance mate that scored 150k for 4th. I'm sure you grind till the end for your alliance.
    #1 was Livinglegend with 278k+
    #10 Was DDR MaGCE with 237k+
    roughly less than 2k points between #10 and #13 that's how my bracket was lol.
  • snlf25
    Options
    Tough bracket.
  • simonsez
    Options
    some folks wrote:
    "I ended up 13th with 135.7K"
    "I have an alliance mate that scored 150k for 4th."
    "230k+ came close to top 10"
    With personal scaling existing to supposedly even the playing field, I don't understand why we need such extreme sharding on top of that. The above looks totally wrong to me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    @Malcrof That's rough. I'd have dropped out of top 10 in your bracket as well. Top two were 260k+ and 250k+. The rest of the top 10 went from 220+ to 210k. Perhaps its the effect of shutting off community scaling. Now the vets can really hang in PVE as well.
  • Turbosmooth
    Turbosmooth Posts: 213
    Options
    I played Ant-man just as hard as I did for Thing. With Thing, I got 11th place which was sad since my goal was Top 10. I lower my expectation for Ant-man to Top 20, but came in 28th. Both events, I lost sleep and had to give up on other things in life. I guess if 27 others can do better, I got to let them.

It takes me 45 minutes to clear a round of nodes. So when people talk about 6 clears at the end, are they really that fast? I can do the easy nodes fast, but the hard nodes takes a lot of thoughtful decision making especially when the 6-wave node including The Hand is level 211 vs my level 150 roster. Every move counts.

I allocate 2 hours at the end of the event to grind. It would take me 4.5 hours to get everything to 1 point at my speed. I did do 4 hours once and got most to 1.

I think the rewards should be better. Like Top 10 get 2x of all 3 covers and trickle down from there to include top 200 getting 1 cover. So Top 50 can still get 1x of each cover. It won't stop the grind, but at least Top 50 will mean something.
  • snlf25
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    some folks wrote:
    With personal scaling existing to supposedly even the playing field, I don't understand why we need such extreme sharding on top of that. The above looks totally wrong to me.

Isn't it all luck of the draw? I've ended up in cupcake brackets and I've ended up in brutal ones too.
  • simonsez
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    Isn't it all luck of the draw?
    No. With samples of 1000 players, the chances of randomly getting such radically different mean scores, is nil.
  • nwman
    nwman Posts: 331 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    some folks wrote:

My group. top was ~ 277k, i was 5th with 269k and 10th was 252k it was a tough top 10.

I played way too many hours, so in my mind they need to change something.

If we need to play this many hours, please let us play at our own pace, there are options already out there, ultron style or gauntlet, or progression only, with adjusted limits.

I'm sure there are some extra health pack sales because of it, but I imagine it also makes people quit the game.

Build loyalty not just look for ROI in every situation.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    i'm at 180k

no points left in my nodes.

winning but backsliding.

at 101...
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    hmm 151k 112.

i tried.
    You guys just found grinding those same 10 minute long survival nodes ad nausem a little too fun.
    Well maybe i'll get antmans yellow the next time he rolls around when he's only awarded to the top 3 players. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Praise my bracket then, I got lucky. Finished with a little less than 110k I believe and still placed top 50.

I grinded like crazy and lost some sleep, some brackets must've been full of whales or people who don't need a break for anything.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely playing the late bracket game next few pve's.
    Especially because grinding past the final reward just kinda feels like grinding just to grind.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    1st endlessvoid 256292
    10th gizmoto 239161
    46th me @ 187936 messed up and didn't clear end of second to last sub event.