PVE: Growth Industry

Options

Comments

• Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ha, Patch & Loki going into 3rd round feeling good with a stacked strike tile board. Then doc oc comes out with board shake and mauls patch in the first round.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    They did say it was like DDQ , so i expect it may refresh with different color covers
    Except the timer at the top of the screen says 29 days. If it was going to refresh, they'd let us know how much time was left until the refresh, you'd think.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    The Event is exactly what you're looking at, nothing hiding behind refreshes or anything. 30 days to grab an Ant-Man cover, 1500/2000 Iso a node, and a few nodes with HP prizes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Barone wrote:
    Any advice on how to beat node 5 with a 2* roster? My only 3* lev (capped) 94 are Doom/Loki/Deadpool/CapMarvel/Hulk...

Do you have a 94 3/5/5 cap?

Too pity... No icon_neutral.gif
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    The Event is exactly what you're looking at, nothing hiding behind refreshes or anything. 30 days to grab an Ant-Man cover, 1500/2000 Iso a node, and a few nodes with HP prizes.

Any chance you'll run this next month with a different color cover available?

ETA: Or really any 4* cover with the event themed to that particular character. This was a really nice way to augment 4* cover collection.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cakewalk with star.pngstar.pngstar.png Cap and OBW. I boosted as a CYA (since I have 30, figured why not), but probably didn't need to. Lost OBW, but due to a lack of attention. Ant-Man had the board flooded by the 5th wave.
  • IceIX
    Options
    No plans at current but it's possible. Definitely want to see how the playerbase takes to this particular one first before we decide on an encore or changing it up with another character or what have you.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Am I right to assume that it refreshes tomorrow? Kinda weird there's 1 progression reward for a 30 day event...

Maybe tomorrow it will reset (a la DDQ), with new content and possible a new reward?

Guess we will see.

marc
  • Born2DieNPvP
    Born2DieNPvP Posts: 163
    Options
    I was hoping for a chance at more covers but I appreciate being able to get an easy 4*. You guys should do this every new release.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought there would be tokens and a vault involved?
  • clay_peterson
    clay_peterson Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    No plans at current but it's possible. Definitely want to see how the playerbase takes to this particular one first before we decide on an encore or changing it up with another character or what have you.

Just out of curiousity, do y'all think it will take a lot of people all 30 days to complete this? I enjoyed it, personally, but 30 days seems like a huge amount of time for this.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    I thought a Vault and tokens would be involved as well, ala Ultron type tokens.

Would have spent money on that lol
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seriously? I love the opportunity afforded to earn an extra cover, but this sounded like a major event--30 days of fun! I finished in 30 min, figuring there might not be a new mission tomorrow, but surely the "sub" was one of the referenced 5 missions. Apparently, you guys meant that 5 nodes would be in the event and not 5 missions.

A for effort and idea, but I'm sure most players will be extremely let down. Next time, be clear on this, and simply say; "a 30-day sub event with 5 nodes, after which you will earn one x cover."
  • IceIX
    Options
    Just out of curiousity, do y'all think it will take a lot of people all 30 days to complete this? I enjoyed it, personally, but 30 days seems like a huge amount of time for this.
    We expect most vets to get through it in a day or two between everything else to play at the moment. The main reasons it's 30 days are:
    1) To give everyone time to get the cover between all other PVE/versus events
    2) To give everyone time to farm out the Iso/HP rewards on some nodes that can certainly otherwise rock you (Deadpool likes Whales.)
    3) To give players that just start the game after seeing the movie to get rosters strong enough to get an Ant-Man cover
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I can't believe a 5 node event is all there will be for this. No way.

eta: This might be the end of Growth Industries, but there will be other special events, right?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    We expect most vets to get through it in a day or two between everything else to play at the moment. The main reasons it's 30 days are:
    1) To give everyone time to get the cover between all other PVE/versus events
    2) To give everyone time to farm out the Iso/HP rewards on some nodes that can certainly otherwise rock you (Deadpool likes Whales.)
    3) To give players that just start the game after seeing the movie to get rosters strong enough to get an Ant-Man cover

IceIX, do you guys usually see an influx of players after a new movie?
  • IceIX
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    Very much yes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Barone wrote:
    Any advice on how to beat node 5 with a 2* roster? My only 3* lev (capped) 94 are Doom/Loki/Deadpool/CapMarvel/Hulk...
    why aren't u using your 2*?
    Malcrof wrote:
    I thought there would be tokens and a vault involved?
    says who?
  • Malcrof
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Very much yes.

Will there be any tokens/vault type thing to try for more covers?
  • Unknown
    Options
    IceIX just confirmed: No refreshes. We had 30 days to get Ant-Man. We took 30 minutes. Now we're done.