Vault:150 days play for 3750 hp and 20k ISO, worth it?

Comments

• Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    atomzed wrote:
    So going by the number posted by this 2 individuals, the improvement are:
    4* improvement to 1%, from 0%.
    HP % remains the same
    3* improvement to 11.3%, up from 2%.

As dkffiv said, the odds are straight up better. And this is not including the fact that your rates improve when you open more tokens.

This new system is better even if you can't hoard tokens (and I will be very unhappy if we can't hoard tokens but I will still admit this vault gives better pulls.

Easy there, its 11.3% from 10%. It would be 5 times 2% if you add up each 3*, if these numbers are correct.
    While I agree that we should take dev points with a pinch of salt, You cannot deny that the percentage are better than the previous system.

They really hyped up this new system because you wouldn't pull the same prize twice. This feature is pathetic. With only 10 tokens for 5 days and 300 hundred prizes, opening your 10th token gives you something around a .01% bonus chance at whatever you wanted. This, of course, won't be the case for whales who will now buy the tokens.

All we have is the same system, granted with slightly better odds (2 - 3%if the numbers stand?) and better ISO pulls, unless you are a whale. A lot of players were looking forward to this, and I don't think it's unfair to say it flopped fairly badly if we can't hoard our tokens so we can actually use this system, not just whales.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    People need to read between the lines. This is a BUSINESS, at the end of the day.

Search for posts containing "hoard, hoarding, hoarder" by a Dev on this forum. Or simply watch any video from them, and watch their body language, facial expression, and listen to their tone when hoarding is brought up. Email Customer Service about the DDQ Stockpiled Taco Pages. Pay attention to the "Sweet" label on this week's Tacos.

They DO NOT want us to hoard.
    They are AGAINST hoarding.
    They'll do WHATEVER they need to do, in order to prevent it.

: adjusts tin foil hat :
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    TLCstormz wrote:
    People need to read between the lines. This is a BUSINESS, at the end of the day.

If true, they don't do it very well.

I'm not a hoarder. I always check my tokens as soon as I got them, and DDQ has been no exception.

However, facing the vault, I see no reasons not to hoard. The very principle of the vault tempts us to hoard.

Hence the 5 day limits and the feeling of having the carpet pulled under our feet (except if we can hoard).

The only way for the vault to ever be interesting to non whale player in a 5 day reset universe is if every token we win from each event PVE/PVP/DDQ is a taco token. But I'm not sure we'd like that.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Except learn math, I guess.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wish that just once we'd get a full description of a new feature before or when it's released.

I also wish that they wouldn't put in new functionality over the weekend when no one is available to answer questions. E.g. What does "sweet" really mean when applied to the vault? When does the vault refresh? Does the vault refresh or does it carry on until empty or I spend 1000 HP?

Finally, I wish for World Peace. And a slowing down of the new character release rate.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I wish that just once we'd get a full description of a new feature before or when it's released.

I also wish that they wouldn't put in new functionality over the weekend when no one is available to answer questions.

Eh, even when in the middle of the week rarely do we get answers. It was nice of IceIX to give a few answers, but a video would have been nice. Give us actual game-play for 5 minutes, don't give a 10 second fly-by. Let us know what it's going to do, both now and in the future.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Eh, even when in the middle of the week rarely do we get answers. It was nice of IceIX to give a few answers, but a video would have been nice. Give us actual game-play for 5 minutes, don't give a 10 second fly-by. Let us know what it's going to do, both now and in the future.
    Compared to other features that were implemented, a fly-by is a massive improvement.
    Usually the implementation and forum explanation was equal to a drive-by shooting where a bag of flaming dog poo gets thrown in front of the players' door while the devs' vehicle already speeds off into the weekend sunset.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the thread of the video, around pages 4-6, IceIX talks about odds, stockpiling, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30889&start=40#p375884

My understanding from reading that thread is that they do stockpile. The designation Sweet is likely to separate them from the expired Taco Tokens from before that will not be able to carry over to the vault use.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    That said, d3 can take the health packs from the vault and chuck them straight in the trash bin. By the time I burn my 10 regenerating healthpacks, I am tired of playing anyway or getting hammered with retaliations and need shield anyhow. I would rather have more, 2 or 6 color boosts (10 packs?) or 250 iso prizes. Just personally preference though as I actually use those.

The only saving grace of the healthpacks is that in five months, there's going to be a couple of crazy pves and pvps where people can play nonstop for days.
  • My understanding is that we will have two piles of tacos like before, Sweet and... Spicy perhaps? Once this 5 day rotation is out, vault becomes 'expired' with 10 tokens in it, Spicy vault comes for next 5 days where you earn another 10 tokens. Then it switches back to Sweet vault which resets its inventory, but keeps the tokens you had before. Very similar to old tacos, except if you're really patient you are guaranteed to pick stuff you need after 300 days (300 tokens in each vault). Also do mind that once you have option of getting everything inside, you only need to keep rolling till you get stuff you need, leaving rest of tacos to quicken next raid day.

Or other way around - if hoarding isn't possible, then adding this entire new system into the game, all the manpower that it costed, all the wasted tokens for people that didn't open them yet (I effectively lost 100 tokens that were stuck on 5 chars I had), all that work makes no sense at all, as it doesn't change anything for anyone with the exception of whales who can reset/buyout for first colours they need of 4*s.

Part of me just don't want to believe they would create entire system just to please whales and screw everyone else.
  • wymtime wrote:
    Others hav mentioned 1% of getting a 4* is better than it was before, but the reality is it is worse odds than Heroic pulls. In order to get a 3% chance of getting a 4* you need to pull 200 vault tokens.

Holy bad math, Batman.

If you pulled 200 vault tokens, you have an 86.6% chance of getting at least 1 4star cover, which is slightly greater than the 3% chance you reference
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    papa07 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    Others hav mentioned 1% of getting a 4* is better than it was before, but the reality is it is worse odds than Heroic pulls. In order to get a 3% chance of getting a 4* you need to pull 200 vault tokens.

Holy bad math, Batman.

If you pulled 200 vault tokens, you have an 86.6% chance of getting at least 1 4star cover, which is slightly greater than the 3% chance you reference

Isn't it 96.37%?
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Holy bad math, Batman.

Isn't it 96.37%?

So far, the odds of getting something you either want or do not want is 100%.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Holy bad math, Batman.

Isn't it 96.37%?

Yes.
  • dkffiv wrote:
    papa07 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

Holy bad math, Batman.

Isn't it 96.37%?

Whoops, forgot the percentage for the vault isn't static anymore. That's an even better number.
  • Dauthi
    JVReal wrote:
    In the thread of the video, around pages 4-6, IceIX talks about odds, stockpiling, etc.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30889&start=40#p375884

My understanding from reading that thread is that they do stockpile. The designation Sweet is likely to separate them from the expired Taco Tokens from before that will not be able to carry over to the vault use.

Oh they will stockpile certainly, just into 2, or 3, or 4 different groups depending on how they much they want to slow the hoarding. In other words if you want to stock up 300 tacos to get perfect odds, in reality you will have to stock up 600, 300 in one set and 300 in the other. They could split it more than 2 ways though, because I don't see any reason to split the tacos at all other than to discourage hoarding.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Which is what I have been trying to say. lol

Spicy
    Sweet
    Umami
    Guacamole
    Ghost Pepper
    Etc
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    really, I think I'm ok with the vault with 2 possible exceptions"

1- except for the health packs. if they allow us to sell health packs for 250 iso, I'm good with it. otherwise, that's a huge chunk of the stuff available that really is of absolutely no use to the vast majority of the player base. I was worried that they were going to throw boosts and **** like that too, but looks like its just health packs, which are useless when we all have 10 now.

2 - conditional on how the new tokens stockpile. if its all in one pool, its all good. if they separate it out into multiple pools - that just sucks.

****s are there when they weren't at all before. *** pull opportunities went up just a little and some of the non-cover tokens are extra iso - better then the 250 that you were getting before.\

edit: one additional thought. I've been playing since last thanksgiving. on day 214. that is 7 months of playing. I have a decent roster. have fully covered 8 ***s and am close on several others (in 7 months). if I'm saving up tacos for 5 months, there will be very little left that I need then other than ****s and an odd hole here or there or some collection of new characters that don't yet exist. at first I thought - hey save up and you could guarantee 5 covers on someone and 3 ****s and some iso and hp. but who wants to wait 5 months? not sure how I want to handle this yet. 5 months is a long time for that group of rewards. especially when 1000 is becoming more attainable in pvp.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    There will be Sweet & Savory DDQ token packs, so you need 300 (290) days to collect all rewards from a single vault.

Of course as Demiurge told, the current set-up may not be final - they may tweak the rewards, etc.
  • Dauthi
    turul wrote:
    There will be Sweet & Savory DDQ token packs, so you need 300 (290) days to collect all rewards from a single vault.

Of course as Demiurge told, the current set-up may not be final - they may tweak the rewards, etc.

So if you want to feel the benefits of the system, you have to wait half a year to nearly a year. That settles who the system was made for.

Thar be whales approachin! Nyaaar! icon_twisted.gif