Comments

• evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Hey, it could be worse...the servers could crash or something
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    d0nk3y wrote:
    mr_X wrote:
    Glad it is between seasons. The fallout from the last time has only just died down on the forum.

Except there's only a 9 hour lag between season end and event start, so if there's an Alliance lock like last time there is *no* window to dump dead weight before the event starts... unless I'm going to forego sleep in favor of haunting the forum looking for new Alliance members. icon_rolleyes.gif

It is a nightmare. I actually immediately thought the same thing, but did not want to mention it.

My casual alliance that I started and stuck with so far are a decent bunch but casual is definitely the operative word so I am going to have zip over to alliance forum when my sub finishes and finally make the jump. Held off until now as like them but Ultron in casual land ain't fun.

It would of been nice to have a bit more notice.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    n7kq9.jpg
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Narkon wrote:
    I don't like that is starts while 2 more events will be running since it will be difficult to find an alliance to join. Last time they run Ultron I got 1+million in the first round and 1.3 in the second round, but because the alliance I joined wasn't very active I only got 1 HB cover from both rounds, partly because of a glitch that cost us precious time and points. This time I am hoping to join a more active alliance, but then I noticed the event will start while 2 more pverun at the same time. Since I joined late in Unstable ISO, my score is low so I doubt an alliance that usually places high and is going after Carnage alliance rewards will be interested in me. Because of this, I almost hope the rewards will not be worth joining at all.

might be running for you but unstable will be done for a lot.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not having Cap buffed in this version of the event is going to hurt in those later tetris rounds as well.
  • Der_Lex wrote:
    Not having Cap buffed in this version of the event is going to hurt in those later tetris rounds as well.
    eh...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    I don't like that is starts while 2 more events will be running since it will be difficult to find an alliance to join. Last time they run Ultron I got 1+million in the first round and 1.3 in the second round, but because the alliance I joined wasn't very active I only got 1 HB cover from both rounds, partly because of a glitch that cost us precious time and points. This time I am hoping to join a more active alliance, but then I noticed the event will start while 2 more pverun at the same time. Since I joined late in Unstable ISO, my score is low so I doubt an alliance that usually places high and is going after Carnage alliance rewards will be interested in me. Because of this, I almost hope the rewards will not be worth joining at all.

might be running for you but unstable will be done for a lot.
    If by a lot you mean only slices 1 and 2
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    What we really need to know:
    1 Is this the 3* or 4* version
    2 If 4* has Ultron's health been set to a realistic level?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2015
    I think what surprises me the most (and yet doesn't at all - shut up, that's possible!) is the lack of communication. The BIGGEST complaint about the last run of Ultron was the poor communication from the Devs about the event. And here we are with another run and there's actually less information!
  • I think that surprises me the most (and yet doesn't at all - shut up, that's possible!) is the lack of communication. The BIGGEST complaint about the last run of Ultron was the poor communication from the Devs about the event. And here we are with another run and there's actually less information!
    well, as players, we scour the board for information, and we took the survey about the ultron event, so therefore, we know enough information

also, we're SURE to "try hard enough" this time instead of "just giving up" like last time.

-I think that's how D3's thought process works.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I think that surprises me the most (and yet doesn't at all - shut up, that's possible!) is the lack of communication. The BIGGEST complaint about the last run of Ultron was the poor communication from the Devs about the event. And here we are with another run and there's actually less information!

Agreed, this is tiny-kitty ridiculous. Me and our other commander are scrambling like madmen trying to get he logistics straight so we can get enough mercs in for Unstable ISO to try and get everyone an extra Carnage while also keeping everyone together for Ultron. But without any friggin information, said logistics are impossible. If it's a 3* run for Ultron, we could just say eff it and do with half our staff and be fine. 4* tho? Not an option. They put together a nice video that almost made me believe they we're listening to their players and trying to do things to improve their experience, then just go right back to dropping bombs on us. #frustrated!
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    halirin wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    turul wrote:
    Cough, a fANTastic event to come.
    I know you're a reliable source, but an OFFICIAL announcement should have been made

Why? We'll find out soon enough and then life will go on.

My guess is they are apart of a large Walmart alliance that wants to shuffle its players around before it starts. They want to know if it's worth the trouble.

Most players will feel the same as you. The ones that aren't already bitter towards the company that is. It's just a bug.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Contractual obligations then, if it is who it has been alleged to be?
    Apparently *some* movie is being premiered next week before the general release next month.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Demiurge, we need answers ASAP! Ultron starts in 3.5 hours and we are still in the dark if this is a 3* or 4* event. Or if any adjustments have been made to Ultron health in either setting
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    2 hours until the start of Ultron, and still radio silence from the Reds.
    Sad...so very sad.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I think the saddest part is that I'm not surprised by the lack of info
  • The first rule of Ultron is..
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sad...so very sad.

They are probably putting all effort in making the event free of server crashes and other bugs icon_e_smile.gif
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Sad...so very sad.

They are probably putting all effort in making the event free of server crashes and other bugs icon_e_smile.gif

As the update rolls out.. steam already has it.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    turul wrote:
    Sad...so very sad.

HAHAHA!!!!! Oh wait are you serious? I can't tell.