Demiurge, Who/What is Ultron Rewards?

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited June 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Ultron event preview is up but only round progression rewards are showing. Who is the round 6/7/8 character?

Comments

• Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Would like to know also...
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Glad it is between seasons. The fallout from the last time has only just died down on the forum.
  • fmftint
    fmftint wrote:
    Ultron event preview is up but only round progression rewards are showing. Who is the round 6/7/8 character?

Going to "News and Announcements" and "Events" and I am shocked—SHOCKED!—to see no communication whatsoever from this developer regarding their own events.

Shocked, I say.

They have always been so good at promotion in the past. Such an uncharacteristic stumble on their part.

[cough, hack, cough *COUGH*]

Well, it is the weekend icon_razz.gif
    Nothing on FB, Twitter, or in game news either...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    who said there is a reward for 6 7 and 8 might just be a round robin type event
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cough, a fANTastic event to come.
  • fmftint
    turul wrote:
    I know you're a reliable source, but an OFFICIAL announcement should have been made
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Why does this start before my Unstable ISO slice even finishes?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    turul wrote:
    I know you're a reliable source, but an OFFICIAL announcement should have been made

Why? We'll find out soon enough and then life will go on.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    halirin wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    turul wrote:

A little notice would be nice, especially if this has the same alliance lock-in feature. Some might need time to shuffle the deck.
  • poor form by D3, but ultron is one of the most lucrative events. I just hope it's not a 4* so I don't kill my alliance trying for it/have to give up after round 6
  • I just want to know who the essentials will be for the token nodes. Hopefully still quicksilver and SW... If it's HB and Carnage I'm totally screwed.
  • turul
    jackswift wrote:
    I just want to know who the essentials will be for the token nodes. Hopefully still quicksilver and SW... If it's HB and Carnage I'm totally screwed.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30803
  • fmftint
    turul wrote:
    jackswift wrote:
    I just want to know who the essentials will be for the token nodes. Hopefully still quicksilver and SW... If it's HB and Carnage I'm totally screwed.

That doesn't say who's nodes will have the Ultron event token

First run QS was in 2 of every 5 nodes and his nodes had an event token in the reward table
    Second run was SW
    Third run is ??
  • binarypillbug
    binarypillbug Posts: 106
    edited June 2015
    jackswift wrote:

It's unlikely Carnage will be an essential, since he's a villian. And essentials are based around characters rather than a specific version, so you won't need HB for any Iron Man nodes.

Edit: It could be Vision, though.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    mr_X wrote:
    Glad it is between seasons. The fallout from the last time has only just died down on the forum.

Except there's only a 9 hour lag between season end and event start, so if there's an Alliance lock like last time there is *no* window to dump dead weight before the event starts... unless I'm going to forego sleep in favor of haunting the forum looking for new Alliance members. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • turul
    fmftint wrote:
    turul wrote:
    jackswift wrote:

That doesn't say who's nodes will have the Ultron event token

First run QS was in 2 of every 5 nodes and his nodes had an event token in the reward table
    Second run was SW
    Third run is ??

I would bet on Vision.
  • jackswift wrote:

It's unlikely Carnage will be an essential, since he's a villian. And essentials are based around characters rather than a specific version, so you won't need HB for any Iron Man nodes.

Edit: It could be Vision, though.

Vision would make sense, if they keep the "3* powered up that's also in the movie" theme going. I did pull one of his covers a couple of weeks ago and almost sold it...
  • halirin wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    turul wrote:

Why? That's a question the devs should be asking and answering themselves. They continually blow chances to promote the games and its events, thereby retaining and expanding the playerbase—and their own revenue stream! When they do bother to make an effort, its some facebook posts or a highly targeted article or two, nothing that will gain the notice of anyone not already playing.

As for the players they already have, a better informed playerbase is a less frustrated, more engaged playerbase. If a DETAILED running calendar of upcoming events were maintained, players would be planning ahead, buying in, and emotionally committing to events weeks in advance ... instead of being frustrated by being constantly blindsided ("Argh! if I knew X was coming up, I would have done Y instead!").

Consider the movie industry. How do you know what movies are coming up? Because the movie industry relentlessly markets itself! Trailers, commercials, pre-release merch, social media campaigns, preproduction leaks, etc, ad nauseum. Imagine none of that existed, and the movie industry relied on people just blundering into theaters to see what happens to be playing. A small slice of audiences do just that, out of sheer boredom. But if you expect busy people with lives full of choices to make time for your product, you have to get your product in front of them!
    preach
  • Unknown
    edited June 2015
    I don't like that is starts while 2 more events will be running since it will be difficult to find an alliance to join. Last time they run Ultron I got 1+million in the first round and 1.3 in the second round, but because the alliance I joined wasn't very active I only got 1 HB cover from both rounds, partly because of a glitch that cost us precious time and points. This time I am hoping to join a more active alliance, but then I noticed the event will start while 2 more pverun at the same time. Since I joined late in Unstable ISO, my score is low so I doubt an alliance that usually places high and is going after Carnage alliance rewards will be interested in me. Because of this, I almost hope the rewards will not be worth joining at all.
  • Narkon wrote:
    I don't like that is starts while 2 more events will be running since it will be difficult to find an alliance to join. Last time they run Ultron I got 1+million in the first round and 1.3 in the second round, but because the alliance I joined wasn't very active I only got 1 HB cover from both rounds, partly because of a glitch we cost us precious time and points. This time I am hoping to join a more active alliance, but then I noticed the event will start while 2 more pverun at the same time. Since I joined late in Unstable ISO, my score is low so I doubt an alliance that usually places high and is going after Carnage alliance rewards will be interested in me. Because of this, I almost hope the rewards will not be worth joining at all.
    I'm interested in hard working Ultron players icon_e_wink.gif