Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Anyone have any advice for "Freeze Buddy"

I wiped once, and I realized it was the protect tiles that were screwing me up. Guess who takes care of those?

Easily won with Patch+BP+Loki. I have Loki underleveled, so BP is mostly there to tank black, but I did manage to place a few good Battleplans. I even had a few Threatens go off. Yummy!

Barely any covers on BP, and Loki @ 130 wants to tank black over 141 hulk, which is why he is dying first.

Should i level hulk so loki has a chance to get his black off?

Try Doom.

Black is Loki's strongest color, so you need to find another character that's at a higher level and has Black as the first skill.
    Hulk won't work as well, because black is his 3rd color.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

I wiped once, and I realized it was the protect tiles that were screwing me up. Guess who takes care of those?

Easily won with Patch+BP+Loki. I have Loki underleveled, so BP is mostly there to tank black, but I did manage to place a few good Battleplans. I even had a few Threatens go off. Yummy!

Barely any covers on BP, and Loki @ 130 wants to tank black over 141 hulk, which is why he is dying first.

Try Doom.

Black is Loki's strongest color, so you need to find another character that's at a higher level and has Black as the first skill.

ok, Doom is one of my highest, so will try him next. Was attempting to hulkbomb the node.. but that is not working out well at all.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Anyone have any advice for "Freeze Buddy" ? failed x3 so far.. 2 Muscle that are about 70 levels higher than me and Bullseye.. once a couple threatens go off, they are doing 5k+ per match 3.. haven't downed a single enemy in that sub yet.

Feel free to look over my roster (in my sig) any help is appreciated.

For Goon nodes, I always use OBW, Mohawk and Steve Rogers.. never fails.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2015
    Options
    With community scaling back on my second run through has that Bullseye/muscle node at level 205 already...sucks. I think that the personal scaling was nice so you could progress at your own pace and not have to deal with people double tapping the nodes or doing early grinds to drive the levels up...lame

As a side note though I crushed through that node with xf/3hor/OBW on the first try....
  • Malcrof
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:

Try Doom.

ok, Doom is one of my highest, so will try him next. Was attempting to hulkbomb the node.. but that is not working out well at all.[/quote]

Doom got it done!!!!! Hip Hip Hooray!

except now i am in top 50, dangit, i want patch looooool.

But a HUGE thank you. Doom's 5 cover purple came in handy as well....

4 protect tiles were out... 2 threatens went off at once time... they hit 3Thor for 4170... hit loki's black , doom purple on BE, and sailed through the rest.

Appreciate the help!!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    cynder9792 wrote:
    With community scaling back on my second run through has that Bullseye/muscle node at level 205 already...sucks.
    And mine was 324. I think we can all agree that this return-to-scaling sucks.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

Try Doom.

ok, Doom is one of my highest, so will try him next. Was attempting to hulkbomb the node.. but that is not working out well at all.

FYI - I used steve/Cyclops/mnmags on that one. lost mnmags because they got a couple of strikes out before I could get bulls down and non-boosted ** is really squishy against level 200+ just with match damage. it took a VERY long time to eat through all the health (over level 200) with my 120 steve but Cyclops/steve made it to the end. boosted Cyclops black is crazy and I don't even have 5 on black yet.
  • Philly79
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    cynder9792 wrote:
    With community scaling back on my second run through has that Bullseye/muscle node at level 205 already...sucks.

324!?!? **** man...yeah community scaling needs to go...I actually noticed though that the node in question must be getting a lot of players as when I made my initial post the levels were 205 and when I went to clear it a few minutes later they had dropped to 197...
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beast Blade Witch for me. So fast so fun!
  • Philly79
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:

Nice combo...levels of them?
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    cynder9792 wrote:
    Ruinate wrote:

Nice combo...levels of them?

198 5/3/1 Beast. Green still hits for 2k+ which is a nice bonus since main damage is Blade fists. Blue serves to speed up strike tiles.
    192 3/5/5 Blade. Fully loaded Kyec up by turn 4? 6 fists by turn 10? Wat!
    120 1/5/5 Witch. Plays like 0/0/5. Passive slave. completely hidden and serves no other purpose.

Highest level node is 250. Have done a full clear twice with 0 health packs used.

Ignoring buffs for the week, if I had a 5/3/5 Witch, I would love to try Beast Witch Psylocke.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Blade, Loki, 3Thor just got it done again for me. I am only a couple hundred points out of top 10 right now.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad someone mentioned Loki for Freeze Buddy. I was stuck on that, but ended up finally winning with 2*CapAm (3/5/5, maxed), 2*CapMarvel (5/5/3, maxed) & Loki (4/3/4, Level 94). For reference, the opponents were ~Level 210. Using 2*Cap as my main damage dealer during the Ultron event, really improved my timing on shields. Without that, I'm not sure I would have done it, short of a much luckier board.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Ended up maxing out at 395 before the sub ended. Awful.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Ok... Now that some things at home are done & dealt with:

Without promoting by the mods, I feel like I owe a small apology to anybody who felt like I was biting off heads over the spoiler thread references. Although I do perceive condescension from some people on the issue, the folks who made the first references had no way to know they were hitting one of my forum "hot buttons" (and were being completely reasonable).

Under other circumstances, I likely would have been more polite or phrased things differently. However, I'm supposed to be doing a course for my local community college's summer enrichment program that's meeting last-minute resistance from some folks who have to sign off, and I've had to rewrite things thoroughly twice. It's making me kind of irascible, but that still doesn't give me the right to take it out on you.

Edit: Fixed phone-induced typos.

nevermind you apologized, there's no ill intent
    Oldboy wrote:
    I hate goon nodes icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif
    Seriously, there should be a limit to how overlevelled goons like Muscle are allowed to be.

goon nodes are easiest, I think the droids you're looking for are 'community scaling'
    Malcrof wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:

Level hulk if he can get angry and u have someone to use his AP

D3 PLZ TAKE OFF COMMUNITY SCALING AGAIN!!!!!
  • Philly79
    Options
    Agreed, they gave us a taste of sweet personal scaling and I think the community already sees the difference, take the comm scaling and put it on a shelf....

Edit: Well to go along with what I have been saying I just looked at the sub event as I will be making my 3rd run here in 20 minutes and guess what? Two nodes have gone hard with lvl 252 goons! **** man all of these people playing rabbit and double tapping the nodes is stupid...news flash guys, Carnage is not that good to be grinding for a top 10 finish...I did it the first time around thinking he would be so cool to have...well he is cool but his black ability is brutal on your team, especially if the ai gets an attack tile or two out there...just saying, when I finished my run this morning those two nodes were around 115-120 now they have gone up 130 levels!?! Ungh, w/e good thing I am only shooting for top 50...
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wow. the jump in level is crazy. I didn't log what 'on the snow' and 'too cold' were on my first clear, but they are both 250 now and I'm pretty sure they were under 200 before. I guess I have no choice but to grind the 'harder' trio on those first clear from now on and then leave them. this sucks!
  • Malcrof
    Options
    here is the rub.. getting HP rewards in the subs, yes, i want them... but i do not want T50... i need that patch cover, and it will be a very long time before i have a usable carnage (0/0/1 right now)

Seems my entire slice is thinking the same thing... i need the progression reward.. and without wanting to, or really trying, am in top 10 (#1 reeeeeeally wants #1)

Good note though, the event token i got from progression got me a blackflag.png Xforce icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Philly79
    Options
    I believe it is from people grinding those nodes down to get the most points but pve doesn't work like that so by people rabbiting those nodes they have driven the ai levels up so high that it is just plain stupid...d3 needs to turn the cs off again. It was so much nicer last event when you could just go at your own pace and the nodes did not get out of hand...the goons in those nodes have a level difference that is higher than my highest leveled characters ffs...they were at 252 last I looked and I do not even have one char over 125 (unbuffed, softcap)

Edit: nice pull on the xf blackflag.png !
  • Unknown
    Options
    just finished unstable iso: artic circle on my stream - unholy shuma gorath turn scaling back off.... icon_neutral.gif