• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    [quote="Punisher5784"

Next 4* release will be an ultron type event

Okay then the next time a 4* is released in a standard PVE lol

Any idea who the next 4* will be for Ultron? Ant-Man?

head to the speculation thread for info.

Ok: as the original poster here, and somebody who has gotten REALLY frustrated with the smug "you mean you don't know? It's in the spoiler thread for Pete's sake !" Attitude that often seems to fly around those questions: stop it. No more references to the spoiler thread here.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Ok: as the original poster here, and somebody who has gotten REALLY frustrated with the smug "you mean you don't know? It's in the spoiler thread for Pete's sake !" Attitude that often seems to fly around those questions: stop it. No more references to the spoiler thread here.

Keep in mind: the devs have said they don't want that info posted elsewhere, and have deleted posts and even banned users when it has been. I don't think it's smugness so much as trying to stay within the guidelines the devs have laid down. They tend to tolerate the spoiler thread so long as the info stays there.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

Keep in mind: the devs have said they don't want that info posted elsewhere, and have deleted posts and even banned users when it has been. I don't think it's smugness so much as trying to stay within the guidelines the devs have laid down. They tend to tolerate the spoiler thread so long as the info stays there.

Sorry I was not asking for spoiler info, just simply asking others thoughts on who the next 4* character could be. Regardless, I understand that this isn't the place to discuss it either. My apologies to the OP.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:

I get that part of the context, and I understand that text without tone of voice or body language can make nuance difficult sometimes. But, that aside - I perceive some people to have a really condescending attitude toward the folks like myself who choose not to read the spoiler thread. I've ended up putting at least one of them onto my ignore list.

All that said, let's amend what I said a little bit to (try to) capture what I'm shooting for: pointers to the spoiler thread in response to questions are OK. References to info from said thread made as assertions in absence of a question are frowned upon by the OP here, trying to prevent snootiness before it starts.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Youch, sorry guys, was not meaning to offend anyone or cause an argument. I was told to direct people to the thread instead of giving out specific info from the thread..

really didn't mean to hijack this, i constantly use the event threads to get info on good combo's to use, what to expect, etc.. so please keep up the amazing work! I will try to remain as on topic as possible from here on out.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back on topic, has anyone started this yet? If so, has it changed from the old version? (ie: does it have subs now?)
  • jffdougan
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    Back on topic, has anyone started this yet? If so, has it changed from the old version? (ie: does it have subs now?)

Yes, it has subs.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It has subs. Starting (old) map has a few one off nodes (Venom/Juggs and another one - so it might be the nodes that would appear delayed previously), and then the sub opens. This first one is mostly goon nodes - again similar to the old format.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,073 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Kyuun wrote:
    I have no interest in going for Carnage at the moment. Although if I place high enough I'll earn the HP to buy a slot for him. What I really need is his fifth Yellow cover to finish Patch. I'm thinking its going to be much harder to get anything out of this event with everyone pushing hard for Carnage/YellowPatch.

I ran into this issue with the last Carnage release, I wanted my 5th blue CMAG and now this is for my 5th Yellow Wolverine. I can't complain, it's better than DD or Mohawk like the previous 4* releases. I am sure the next 4* release will have black BP for T150.

Next 4* release will be an ultron type event

Okay then the next time a 4* is released in a standard PVE lol

Any idea who the next 4* will be for Ultron? Ant-Man?

lol ANT MAN.. put him in the middle and then graphic little ant heads on the drones icon_e_smile.gif that would be so freaking funny. if it was confirm its not until the next 4 star ultron is coming back i would not call it soon. Antman comes out what July 17.. so we have a good month before it hits
  • Unknown
    Options
    I didn't participate in the first Carnage pve because I was bored and Carnage looks quite bad. The last pve I played was The Gauntlet and this was the first time I finished it. Things are even slower on the pve front, having played only in one event this season. It was the one that offered a 2.4% for a Carnage cover with its tokens, which I got, surprisingly enough. So after all this downtime, I wanted something to pull me back in for a few days, but I open the game today and I see Carnage again. I can't describe the disappointment. Now that I have at least one of his covers (for essential nodes in a future Gauntlet event) I guess I'll do what I usually do lately. Join late and hope for the best.
  • jffdougan
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ok... Now that some things at home are done & dealt with:

Without promoting by the mods, I feel like I owe a small apology to anybody who felt like I was biting off heads over the spoiler thread references. Although I do perceive condescension from some people on the issue, the folks who made the first references had no way to know they were hitting one of my forum "hot buttons" (and were being completely reasonable).

Under other circumstances, I likely would have been more polite or phrased things differently. However, I'm supposed to be doing a course for my local community college's summer enrichment program that's meeting last-minute resistance from some folks who have to sign off, and I've had to rewrite things thoroughly twice. It's making me kind of irascible, but that still doesn't give me the right to take it out on you.

Edit: Fixed phone-induced typos.
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    this is just a plea to anyone who's already joined to consider moseying over to the bracket size thread and dropping some knowledge on those of us in need!
  • TMurphyNYC
    TMurphyNYC Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    Does anyone know if the main screen repeatable node stays throughout the event, or if it goes away after the 1st sub ends?

In other words...grind that node or no?

Thx.
  • jffdougan
    Options
    TMurphyNYC wrote:
    Does anyone know if the main screen repeatable node stays throughout the event, or if it goes away after the 1st sub ends?

In other words...grind that node or no?

Thx.

This is the first time this event has been run with subs. I'd try to hit it for the duration of the first sub, at least.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Started this one, realized I don't have two of three essentials, the one I have is terrible (Beast), I have zero interest in another Beast (progression), and I'm not likely to see T150 (Patch)...

Vacation time.

DBC
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder what the world record is for chained together Unstoppable Crash, Headbutt and Symbiote Snare.

I swear I made a cup of tea, had a power nap, drank my tea, made another cup, and it was still cascading away.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    Anyone have any advice for "Freeze Buddy" ? failed x3 so far.. 2 Muscle that are about 70 levels higher than me and Bullseye.. once a couple threatens go off, they are doing 5k+ per match 3.. haven't downed a single enemy in that sub yet.

Feel free to look over my roster (in my sig) any help is appreciated.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Anyone have any advice for "Freeze Buddy"

I wiped once, and I realized it was the protect tiles that were screwing me up. Guess who takes care of those?

Easily won with Patch+BP+Loki. I have Loki underleveled, so BP is mostly there to tank black, but I did manage to place a few good Battleplans. I even had a few Threatens go off. Yummy!
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I hate goon nodes icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif
    Seriously, there should be a limit to how overlevelled goons like Muscle are allowed to be.
  • Malcrof
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    Anyone have any advice for "Freeze Buddy"

I wiped once, and I realized it was the protect tiles that were screwing me up. Guess who takes care of those?

Easily won with Patch+BP+Loki. I have Loki underleveled, so BP is mostly there to tank black, but I did manage to place a few good Battleplans. I even had a few Threatens go off. Yummy!

Barely any covers on BP, and Loki @ 130 wants to tank black over 141 hulk, which is why he is dying first.

Should i level hulk so loki has a chance to get his black off?